Linking two reservations

Phaedra_11

38 minutes ago, shippmates said:

You would need the other persons booking number.  Your travel agent would be able to link the reservations.  No you do not need it for open dining, you just both need to show up at the same time.

Thanks. 

Just a warning, this is a good thing in many ways if you have fixed dining but be aware if either or any of those that have been linked are wanting an offer for an Up Sell you will not be offered. This has been a long time strange rule with Holland America. If no one is wanting an offer then by all means link them together.

BTW the reasoning behind this is that they want to be fair to all parties and possibly your stateroom category may be eligible for an upgrade/upsell but those linked may not. They do not want to cause any friction between family and friends.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2023 at 11:32 AM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Just a warning, this is a good thing in many ways if you have fixed dining but be aware if either or any of those that have been linked are wanting an offer for an Up Sell you will not be offered. This has been a long time strange rule with Holland America. If no one is wanting an offer then by all means link them together.

BTW the reasoning behind this is that they want to be fair to all parties and possibly your stateroom category may be eligible for an upgrade/upsell but those linked may not. They do not want to cause any friction between family and friends.

That's not my experience....my DH and I have travelled the past 3 cruises with my DF, and we have never had a problem getting an upgrade while he did not. However, my DF gets an accessible room, and we do not, so perhaps that's why. He has also done the past two cruises solo, so that may also be it.  I guess everyone has different circumstances.

L.

Not sure if it's the same with HAL, but on a recent Alaska cruise with my sister on Royal we linked reservations and we could see all the details of each other's booking.

She was a little ticked when she saw that we paid nearly $1000 less for the same cabin. I said, "Sis, we booked 8-months before you did!"  She still hasn't completely gotten over it.  😄

Sometimes it's best to keep things separate. 

21 hours ago, League3056 said:

What is the benefit to linking reservations? We'll be doing a multigen trip with 10 total family members in Nov... wondering if we should link our reservations.

I don’t think you have to link reservations in order to accomplish all of the tasks that might be important to you.   We also had a family party of ten across five cabins on the NS last November for a Thanksgiving cruise (which was packed, btw).  

My father had previously made sure all members of the party were assigned to early fixed dining in the MDR.  

The next big challenge was getting such a large group settled for specialty dining.  All you have to do is contact ship services as early as you can and they will email a form that you can use to note all of the cabins/names involved to send back to the individual restaurants onboard and reserve large tables - note, we were unable to get a table for everyone together in Canaletto because of its unique space limitations in the lido area.