Return of Carnival Quest?

brilliantseas

A few of the fine folks that have posted "live" reviews over the last few months have included copies of the Fun Times.  On at least some of those sailings, Quest was listed as one of the activities. 

Don't know this for a fact, but many have said that Quest is at the discretion of the Cruise Director.

I love commenting on things of which I have no personal knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It’s happening tonight on the Pride. CD Frankie (sp?) made an announcement about it this afternoon when we were leaving Greece. (A woman passing by in the dining room a few minutes ago told her husband she needed to change her shoes before Quest.) I see it listed at 10 p.m.

Edited by def0715
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, def0715 said:

It’s happening tonight on the Pride. CD Frankie (sp?) made an announcement about it this afternoon when we were leaving Greece. (A woman passing by in the dining room a few minutes ago told her husband she needed to change her shoes before Quest.) I see it listed at 10 p.m.

I've never experienced Quest.  Is it a game with running in it, thus the woman needing to change her shoes?  Thx!!

45 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I've never experienced Quest.  Is it a game with running in it, thus the woman needing to change her shoes?  Thx!!

42 minutes ago, def0715 said:

It’s “Elegant Night,” or whatever it’s called, so maybe she wants to be comfy? I’ve never attended. I’m guessing people go from place to place - but not on the jogging track. 🙂

It is an adult scavenger hunt, so yes, depending on how serious you want to get about it, there could be running. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Glad to hear it is back!

On our November 2022 cruise on Paradise, it was replaced with a new "Adult Game Night." Our sailing was the first attempt at it, and while parts were entertaining, the pacing was slow and it really seemed to engage the Fun Squad team that was participating more than the guests. On Celebration in January, neither activity was offered. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

Glad to hear it is back!

On our November 2022 cruise on Paradise, it was replaced with a new "Adult Game Night." Our sailing was the first attempt at it, and while parts were entertaining, the pacing was slow and it really seemed to engage the Fun Squad team that was participating more than the guests. On Celebration in January, neither activity was offered. 

I have always been under the impression that it is offered based on the CD. Some are not into that kind of fun!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Excel class ships don’t have quest because of the steps in the theater and lack of adequate size or privacy in other locations.

On the Venezia it was in the limelight lounge (as you may know?). Small space and windows all along the starboard size. Anyone could walk by and look in, which about a dozen people did from the outside. I was surprised by this, but the Punchliner on the Excel ships would be the same size and probably better privacy. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

The times I've played, the CD divided the room into teams (usually just a group of seats/tables close to one another becomes a team) and someone is picked/volunteers to be the runner. All the runners start in the middle of the room with the CD, run back to their team to gather items that the CD calls out, then runs them back to the Fun Squad to be verified.

To give you an idea, on one cruise they asked for false teeth. I have a partial...it's just like a retainer, but has a few false teeth on it. No one on our team had dentures, so I gave our runner my partial. She didn't even hesitate to take it, saliva and all. LOL When it was all said & done, I realized it was probably a dumb thing to do on my part because it's a pretty expensive dental appliance. I'm glad it came back in one piece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

The times I've played, the CD divided the room into teams (usually just a group of seats/tables close to one another becomes a team) and someone is picked/volunteers to be the runner. All the runners start in the middle of the room with the CD, run back to their team to gather items that the CD calls out, then runs them back to the Fun Squad to be verified.

To give you an idea, on one cruise they asked for false teeth. I have a partial...it's just like a retainer, but has a few false teeth on it. No one on our team had dentures, so I gave our runner my partial. She didn't even hesitate to take it, saliva and all. LOL When it was all said & done, I realized it was probably a dumb thing to do on my part because it's a pretty expensive dental appliance. I'm glad it came back in one piece.

So it’s scavenger hunt within the room, not throughout the ship? I’m gonna bring my night guard just in case😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were on the September 16th sailing on the Venezia and Quest was held in the Limelight !!    For this particular game it was amazing to see a woman quickly pull off her wig and hand it to the person next to her  !!!   👩‍🦰  🤪

Edited by HappySails4U
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Riles34 said:

On the Venezia it was in the limelight lounge (as you may know?). Small space and windows all along the starboard size. Anyone could walk by and look in, which about a dozen people did from the outside. I was surprised by this, but the Punchliner on the Excel ships would be the same size and probably better privacy. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I attended it in the limelight on Venezia. Also on some Dream class ships. It’s definitely bigger than the punchliner on Excel class There are also steps to the back area of punchliner so they probably wouldn’t use that part. And would it be big enough for that size ship? I mean there’s a reason they repeat comedy shows 4 times on that ship. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I attended it in the limelight on Venezia. Also on some Dream class ships. It’s definitely bigger than the punchliner on Excel class There are also steps to the back area of punchliner so they probably wouldn’t use that part. And would it be big enough for that size ship? I mean there’s a reason they repeat comedy shows 4 times on that ship. 

Very good point! Not a chance you’d fit that many people in the punchlines. Hell, it’s not big enough for the comedy shows! So many people get turned away which sucks. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

So it’s scavenger hunt within the room, not throughout the ship? I’m gonna bring my night guard just in case😁

I've seen players go to people who were watching from the entryway of the lounge it was held in, or maybe even to people right outside the lounge, but otherwise yeah, it stays within the room. It's fast paced, it benefits the player to get back with an item faster than others, so there's no time to stray too far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I've seen players go to people who were watching from the entryway of the lounge it was held in, or maybe even to people right outside the lounge, but otherwise yeah, it stays within the room. It's fast paced, it benefits the player to get back with an item faster than others, so there's no time to stray too far.

Hmmm maybe come to the game with a bag of tricks…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just a warning, when they start the event they do emphasize that if you are easily offended then you should leave NOW.  I would suggest that if you are even mediumly offended you should seriously consider whether you want to attend.

It can get kind of raunchy, at least prior to COVID.  I only know this from the videos from people who did not follow the first rule of Quest.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Hmmm maybe come to the game with a bag of tricks…

And maybe a spare bra 😉. We've seen so many *interesting* things that they've had to give up and/or collect to try and win the Quest. It's truly hilarious! ... Definitely not PG rated 🤣 with lotsa funny shenanigans! 

Edited by CruisinTrkrs3
Context
  • Haha 1