Quietest cabin ever

UiHyt

Just returned from an excellent cruise on the Arcadia. Our first priority is a quiet cabin; there's no point if everything else is fine if you're then disturbed every night or during the day when you want to have a rest.

Due to its unusual configuration there was no noise from the adjoining cabins apart from a two second, faint mechanical noise from the next door cabin toilet whenever it was flushed; a noise hardly noticeable and masked by the air conditioning in our room. The lack of noise wasn't  solely due to the quietness or otherwise of the neighbours( a couple of women), but the extra layer of the noise insulation provided by the cupboards and bathroom in the adjacent cabins. Without going into too much detail how I did sound tests to check what it would be like if there was a lot of noise emanating from from the adjoining cabins, I was satisfied that even if our neighbours were persistent coughers, watched their TV at full volume, or talked loudly, then the noise insulation would mask the sound.

Couldn't find anything else to complain about on the cruise- probably our best ever.

I'm not disclosing which cabin it was, we would like to book it next time so we wouldn't want to advertise its number.

Edited by UiHyt
more info

3 hours ago, UiHyt said:

Just returned from an excellent cruise on the Arcadia. Our first priority is a quiet cabin; there's no point if everything else is fine if you're then disturbed every night or during the day when you want to have a rest.

Due to its unusual configuration there was no noise from the adjoining cabins apart from a two second, faint mechanical noise from the next door cabin toilet whenever it was flushed; a noise hardly noticeable and masked by the air conditioning in our room. The lack of noise wasn't  solely due to the quietness or otherwise of the neighbours( a couple of women), but the extra layer of the noise insulation provided by the cupboards and bathroom in the adjacent cabins. Without going into too much detail how I did sound tests to check what it would be like if there was a lot of noise emanating from from the adjoining cabins, I was satisfied that even if our neighbours were persistent coughers, watched their TV at full volume, or talked loudly, then the noise insulation would mask the sound.

Couldn't find anything else to complain about on the cruise- probably our best ever.

I'm not disclosing which cabin it was, we would like to book it next time so we wouldn't want to advertise its number.

How helpful, not G70 then?

Edited by davecttr
  • Haha 9

On 9/27/2023 at 7:51 AM, UiHyt said:

Are you for real?

You honestly think mentioning the number on this forum would cause any extra competition to secure it?

Wow, some people.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 2:44 PM, Chrisdriving said:

Are you for real?

You honestly think mentioning the number on this forum would cause any extra competition to secure it?

Wow, some people.

On 9/28/2023 at 3:15 PM, Red Ray said:

Absolutely pointless post - 'Look at me!'

How rude are you pair 😳