Dining times? Show times?

SandyR5

Hi - First timer on Azamara. Can you seasoned cruisers tell me when the evening’s entertainment generally is so we can book appropriate dining times. We have over 35 cruises on Celebrity, but never on this size ship. We assume there’s only one show nightly and don’t want to be heading into the dining room during showtime. Thanks. 

Some ships offer an 2015 and 2130 show some do one at 2100. You’ll need to check when you board. Also bear in mind they are much lower key shows. The open layout of the show lounge does make it easier to arrive late and sit at the side or back 

yes open dining in the main restaurant bookings only for the speciality dining 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SandyR5 said:

Hi - First timer on Azamara. Can you seasoned cruisers tell me when the evening’s entertainment generally is so we can book appropriate dining times. We have over 35 cruises on Celebrity, but never on this size ship. We assume there’s only one show nightly and don’t want to be heading into the dining room during showtime. Thanks. 

Just to say, for me at least, dining takes less effort to arrange on Azamara than Celebrity. You'll get into the flow. The majority of nights in the Cabaret Lounge have two shows, but there are some that have just one. If you are running a little tight on dining time don't be afraid to ask the wait staff to "keep it coming" as you'd like to see the show. They are always obliging. 

Phil 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, miss-heli said:

Just off the Quest.

Only one show most nights at 21.15

It’s funny Quest often only has one show which can give crowding issues. I wonder if it’s a Cruise Director decision? 

35 minutes ago, uktog said:

It’s funny Quest often only has one show which can give crowding issues. I wonder if it’s a Cruise Director decision? 

I wonder if it's to do with the cast onboard at the moment?  Purely a guess.  If they are doing the production shows there are usually two of an evening.  They were new onboard Azamara Quest in July and had quite a learning curve.

Phil

• Like 1

There can be a line at Discoveries in the first hour after it opens (6:30 - 7:30). We like to arrive a little later (around 8 - 8:30) and usually don’t have a long wait (or any wait) as the earlybirds are departing for the show. Of course, the downside to a later dining time is we often find ourselves missing the shows…so it works well for us to plan accordingly if there is a special show we want to see. I do wish they would have a slightly later show time but they do their best to accommodate the schedules for most of the guests…if there are two shows the times are usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours apart and most shows we have attended have been 45 minutes which we think is a perfect length!

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 6:06 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

I wonder if it's to do with the cast onboard at the moment?  Purely a guess.  If they are doing the production shows there are usually two of an evening.  They were new onboard Azamara Quest in July and had quite a learning curve.

Phil

Maybe it also has to do with the number of people onboard. I was onboard Quest the other week and there was indeed one show each night at 9:15, but we were supposedly sailing with just a little over 500 passengers. That may be not enough for two shows a night and would lead to a half empty theater all the time. 

1 hour ago, Antropos said:

Maybe it also has to do with the number of people onboard. I was onboard Quest the other week and there was indeed one show each night at 9:15, but we were supposedly sailing with just a little over 500 passengers. That may be not enough for two shows a night and would lead to a half empty theater all the time. 

I’ve been on a sold out voyage with one cruise director and it’s still one show based on their preference 

1 hour ago, Antropos said:

I don't think so. Once been on quiet sailings and there have been two shows on some nights. Quest does seem to be the common denominator. Maybe uktog with the comment above is onto something? Post #9. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2

Yes, Quest does seem to be the common denominator.  We were on B2B in April and May.  The first sailing had only one show but the second sailing had 2.  Kept meaning to ask Amanda about it but kept forgetting to ask. 

All the shows were broadcast to the stateroom TVs.