Recommend a hotel to stay in Venice for 2 days prior to cruise

eddieg07410

We use Hotel Olimpia which is just by Pizzale Roma very convenient for the train station, Vaporetto station and aerobus for the airport. Only one bridge to cross with luggage. Great places to eat in walking distance and lovely to wander through the streets to St. Marks. We have stayed here 3 times, it is our ‘go to’ hotel. Offer a lovely breakfast which you can eat in the garden behind the hotel or inside.

On 9/30/2023 at 11:54 AM, downsmead said:

We use Hotel Olimpia which is just by Pizzale Roma very convenient for the train station, Vaporetto station and aerobus for the airport. Only one bridge to cross with luggage. Great places to eat in walking distance and lovely to wander through the streets to St. Marks. We have stayed here 3 times, it is our ‘go to’ hotel. Offer a lovely breakfast which you can eat in the garden behind the hotel or inside.

If you have an unlimited budget, the private water taxi to the hotel dock is a nice splurge.  Otherwise you may wish to take the bus from the airport to the main square--Pizzale Roma.  This is the terminus of the walk way to the cruise ships (or where the cruise ships use to be) and all of the water buses stop at Pizzale Roma.

There is (or used to be) a new Sofitel just one bridge away.

OP: One thing you need to say, do you want to be in hotel in the middle of the action or a place in a quiet area,  by small bars, etc. away from it, (or I guess in between would be an option).  There are so many places to stay that you have to narrow it down a little.  Also, I think it's been said, you do NOT want to carry/roll luggage around at all in Venice.

Edited by rmalbers

37 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

OP: One thing you need to say, do you want to be in hotel in the middle of the action or a place in a quiet area,  by small bars, etc. away from it, (or I guess in between would be an option).  There are so many places to stay that you have to narrow it down a little.  Also, I think it's been said, you do NOT want to carry/roll luggage around at all in Venice.

I would say close to the main sites.