Cruise fare went UP after final payment and required to pay ?!?

sebas030

Has this ever happened to you ?

Made final payment last Tuesday, received the confirmation email with the usual "congrats you are booked", balance was 0$

This morning I got an email "payment reminder" with a balance to pay and warning that my cruise could be cancelled because final payment date was yesterday.

So I paid said amount right away, got a second "congrats you are booked" email and I can see that the cruise fare for my third guess went up !?!

How can NCL increase my fare like that ??

And on top of it, the payment summary in the email now shows I overpaid by $3...but I didn't choose the amount, it was already selected on "my ncl" 🤣 I think the system is broken 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes I will call Ncl when they open, but this ever happened to you ?? 

• Like 1

NCL has had some software issues recently, several people have reported a 'balance due' when trying to check in.  That usually happens when they do back-end updates as they did last weekend.  I don't think you really owed that money.  Once you book, your price is locked in, even if it goes up before final payment.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 3

I am on Prima at the moment. When I booked this cruise I tried to pay online but my credit card was refused. I phoned in and paid using the same credit card no problem. Couple of weeks later I booked some shore excursions, same problem. Difference is this time I paid for the excursions over the phone, received an email confirmation that I had paid and no balance was due. My online account on the website and the app continued to show payment due for the excursions until I checked in. At that point it all went to show no payment due. As a first time NCL customer it was frustrating. I hate being told I owe money when I don’t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asawi said:

Like others have said, NCL has had some serious problems the last few weeks! Declined credit cards, wrong balance due/owed...

This past week my cruise which was paid off long ago showed a  -$578  even though it said payment complete. Don't know why minus! Anyway, a few days later it disappeared. I would have called them before paying them if I had received that. 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sebas030 said:

Has this ever happened to you ?

Made final payment last Tuesday, received the confirmation email with the usual "congrats you are booked", balance was 0$

This morning I got an email "payment reminder" with a balance to pay and warning that my cruise could be cancelled because final payment date was yesterday.

So I paid said amount right away, got a second "congrats you are booked" email and I can see that the cruise fare for my third guess went up !?!

How can NCL increase my fare like that ??

And on top of it, the payment summary in the email now shows I overpaid by $3...but I didn't choose the amount, it was already selected on "my ncl" 🤣 I think the system is broken 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes I will call Ncl when they open, but this ever happened to you ?? 

If you paid in full, and paid more, you need to get a refund on the additional payment ASAP before their system "loses track" of it. Final payment is final payment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

If you paid in full, and paid more, you need to get a refund on the additional payment ASAP before their system "loses track" of it. Final payment is final payment. 

Well it took 35 minutes on the phone with NCL and they will refund what I paid this morning as it was a "glitch" with the server.

Now have to wait 7-10 days to get it and hope I get it 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sebas030 said:

Well it took 35 minutes on the phone with NCL and they will refund what I paid this morning as it was a "glitch" with the server.

Now have to wait 7-10 days to get it and hope I get it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think they always say 7-10 business days. That is what they said to me for a refund for an excursion we booked and then they cancelled the port. But the refund showed up much quicker, IIRC, just 2 or 3 days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, purplecow15 said:

This past week my cruise which was paid off long ago showed a  -$578  even though it said payment complete. Don't know why minus! Anyway, a few days later it disappeared. I would have called them before paying them if I had received that. 😃

Ok, now I can stop thinking I'm crazy - a week after I made my final payment, my cruise shows a credit balance.  I emailed my PCC but didn't hear back, so I figured I'd buy some spa time and go about my business.  I think I might wait a bit.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruzinMel said:

Ok, now I can stop thinking I'm crazy - a week after I made my final payment, my cruise shows a credit balance.  I emailed my PCC but didn't hear back, so I figured I'd buy some spa time and go about my business.  I think I might wait a bit.  

Yeah... my cruises showed a negative balance of the FAS package amounts for a week or two but it is correct now (fixed a few day ago).

I have noticed other oddities the last couple of weeks as well. Lots of little gremlins cruising around. 😄 

• Thanks 1