android app

killaypirate

4 minutes ago, killaypirate said:

Reading through some of the posts,  keep finding references to an app. Had a look on PlayStore and can only find P&O Australia app. Can you help me?

If you mean the My Holiday ‘app’ it’s misleading, because it isn’t an app at all. It’s just a web page. You can only use it on board but you can load it on to your phones homepage before your cruise. Here’s the link;

https://myholiday.pocruises.com/

• Like 2

12 hours ago, molecrochip said:

It’s just a website - it’s not an app.

Website is only available once onboard using their wifi (for free).

Just to add .. Once logged in , tick remember me and then save to your homepage of your device .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, molecrochip said:

It’s just a website - it’s not an app.

Website is only available once onboard using their wifi (for free).

Why on earth P&O don't bite the bullet and just release an app that actually worked that people can download before they get on the cruise ship ...

Do that and leave the website as a fallback to those who hadn't downloaded it (and when onboard overseas had no internet access to do so) and it would solve many many issues.

15 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

Why on earth P&O don't bite the bullet and just release an app that actually worked that people can download before they get on the cruise ship ...

Do that and leave the website as a fallback to those who hadn't downloaded it (and when onboard overseas had no internet access to do so) and it would solve many many issues.

There is a story here about how quickly the legal restart requirements changed.

If the restart had taken another 3 months, and needed active passenger close contact tracking, as originally suggested, then you may have ended up with the Ocean Medallion system that Princess use.

This was a lot closer than you may believe and is the reason that Britannia restarted first - as there was a known scheme of work based upon the other Royal class ships.

In the end, the restart approval was given for June and things had to move a bit quicker.

42 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Sure, as a 'get it out there quick' stop-gap following the restart then a webpage was OK.

But now the requirement to book for restaurants, shows, etc. isn't going away, then after two years it is a bit poor that the stop-gap is still in place and a proper app hasn't replaced it. 

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

If the restart had taken another 3 months, and needed active passenger close contact tracking, as originally suggested, then you may have ended up with the Ocean Medallion system that Princess use.

This was a lot closer than you may believe and is the reason that Britannia restarted first - as there was a known scheme of work based upon the other Royal class ships.

In the end, the restart approval was given for June and things had to move a bit quicker.

TBH I prefer the P&O virtual queue system for dining, rather than the Princess Dine my Way abhoration. At least with the P&O one you do get 2 options, often the virtual queue works well, and when it doesn't you can just turn up and hope for the best, whereas with Princess we found that we could never pre book a sharing table at a time we wanted around 7:00pm, so only had the hope for the best queue.

As for the medallion it was great for opening the door, but for everything else you still needed a smart phone.

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

TBH I prefer the P&O virtual queue system for dining, rather than the Princess Dine my Way abhoration. At least with the P&O one you do get 2 options, often the virtual queue works well, and when it doesn't you can just turn up and hope for the best, whereas with Princess we found that we could never pre book a sharing table at a time we wanted around 7:00pm, so only had the hope for the best queue.

As for the medallion it was great for opening the door, but for everything else you still needed a smart phone.

Albeit I have not experienced the medallion yet I like the app so far, we have been able to book our dinner for next September for a time and restaurant that we think will work for us. 

Recently sailed on Emerald Princess and found app pre-departure useful EXCEPT we were unable to book our complimentary speciality dining without charging our credit card. Waited until onboard & then dining bookings worked well, drinks service in restaurants was like waiting for paint to dry.

Edited by killaypirate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Albeit I have not experienced the medallion yet I like the app so far, we have been able to book our dinner for next September for a time and restaurant that we think will work for us. 

It seems to favour tables for 2, but we like to share tables for dinner in the MDR, but it only seems to let you book before about 6:30pm.  We tend to dine later, as well as at different times depending how we feel, so pre booking is not really suitable.

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It seems to favour tables for 2, but we like to share tables for dinner in the MDR, but it only seems to let you book before about 6:30pm.  We tend to dine later, as well as at different times depending how we feel, so pre booking is not really suitable.

We have booked Cielo for 18:30 on shared table. We prefer to eat reasonably early but didn't want to be rushed if we wanted to go to the first show. It does seem to vary depending which of the three MDR's you want to use. If we fancy a change I will cancel and rebook an alternative.

They appear to be more accommodating to passengers wanting to keep a table for the duration of the cruise. We went into the MDR, Zenith, on the first night of our Arvia cruise we left today and liked the location and waiters. I saw the restaurant manager and asked him if we could have the same table at 7.30pm each night, he agreed. This was a table for two, close to another two tables and they did the same. 

• Like 1