THESE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING

Spif Barwunkel

6 hours ago, Homosassa said:

The right to go topless is a subject that has come up on my breast cancer board.  It often involves women that have opted for bilateral mastectomies without reconstruction being hassled by others when they go topless.

The laws are not about going topless, but about indecent exposure which is defined as the breast areolae being exposed. This is not an issue for unreconstructed women or those who have not had the areolae imitated by a tattooed skin graft and skin twist for the nipple. However, you would be surprised by those whose knickers are in a twist about any women exposing their chest area.

Oh that's nonsense on their part.  There's a quite hot place I'd point them towards if they pulled that crap with my family....btw--it rhymes with 'bell'.  😇

On 10/2/2023 at 7:27 PM, doghog said:

I go topless on every one of our cruises while enjoying the sun and my BP on a sea day afternoon. If the weather is good on our October Eclipse cruise you just might see me. 😉

Yeah, me too and my wife is OK with it.  Not so much in Alaska, though.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 6:08 PM, phoenix_dream said:

I remember when Celebrity had topless decks!  I don't recall ever seeing anyone using them as such, but they were there.

They were def  in use...not much ado except,  the idiots of X back then,  located the area adjacent to the kiddie pool.  Brain dead, tone deaf. 

btw..those kiddie pools are long gone. wish they still had them...might prevent hot tubs being used as kiddie pools!

• Like 1

How have we regressed from having topless decks in 2004ish but don't in 2023?   Seems a bit backward to me.  In 2004 men kissing may have gotten them thrown off the ship, thankfully not today, but no topless decks??😂😂

Here is a thread topic from 2009, page 4550. 

"How cruising has improved over the years"

First post from OP goes like this.

There have been many posts about how cruising isn't what it use to be, but I think that even though some aspects of cruising have slipped over the years, in other ways they have improved.

• Cabins are more spacious

It is easier to book a cabin with a private balcony

There are more dining options.

Itineraries are more interesting.

They are more family oriented

Passenger base is more diverse

•  

I wonder how these comments would be responded to, today. Still relevant?

•  
  •  
  •  

13 hours ago, deliver42 said:

The reason there are no topless decks IS because nobody used them. They were a waste of space.

The topless decks were located  in the most undesirable location on the ship; the highest deck that was forward or aft.  

On any given day, that area would be moving with the "motion of the ocean," blazingly  hot with sun, and very windy.

With the advancement in the designs for stabilizers  and other features that smooth out the ride, those areas became more useable for the passengers most of the time.

At some point, a marketing genius figured out that those areas could be used for expensive cabins that could be touted as more exclusive, "ship within a ship," best views, etc.

Build, them, advertise them, and there will be some that buy the cabins in still the worst location for feeling motion (and then post on Cruise Critic complaining about the motion that is sometimes felt).