Club Continent Suite

LoveChops

We were on Onward last spring in a Club Continent suite.  In preparation for the cruise, I read several contradictory inclusions with the CC Suite.

We did have a very nice and professional butler.

We ended up getting two bags of laundry complimentary.  I think one came with the CC and one came due to our loyalty (???)

When we first arrived our butler met us with a list on spirits we could choose one from and DH chose a nice bourbon.  A couple days later I asked for a bottle of red wine.  (the last I had read said 2 bottles included).  Butler said he would need to ask his supervisor and a day later he showed up with a nice bottle of red.

We did get the wifi identified and I ran through mine in 5 days just trying to get something online.  Looking through brochures I saw that I could get another batch of minutes, wifi, which I got.  (don't remember the reason I got it, but look through all the brochures in your suite)

The size of the suite is just great.

We did not try the spa area, since the last I read it was no longer included with a CC suite.  (It was listed as included when we booked).

We have done two Azamara cruises and went with a CC suite because of the extra space.  We will do another one depending on the itinerary.  After reading the inclusions I had expected to take advantage of them.  Having some items change and change again so you are not sure what is included was frustrating to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

We were on Onward last spring in a Club Continent suite.  In preparation for the cruise, I read several contradictory inclusions with the CC Suite.

We did have a very nice and professional butler.

We ended up getting two bags of laundry complimentary.  I think one came with the CC and one came due to our loyalty (???)

When we first arrived our butler met us with a list on spirits we could choose one from and DH chose a nice bourbon.  A couple days later I asked for a bottle of red wine.  (the last I had read said 2 bottles included).  Butler said he would need to ask his supervisor and a day later he showed up with a nice bottle of red.

We did get the wifi identified and I ran through mine in 5 days just trying to get something online.  Looking through brochures I saw that I could get another batch of minutes, wifi, which I got.  (don't remember the reason I got it, but look through all the brochures in your suite)

The size of the suite is just great.

We did not try the spa area, since the last I read it was no longer included with a CC suite.  (It was listed as included when we booked).

We have done two Azamara cruises and went with a CC suite because of the extra space.  We will do another one depending on the itinerary.  After reading the inclusions I had expected to take advantage of them.  Having some items change and change again so you are not sure what is included was frustrating to me.

Where did you read the contradictory information?

I am not sure that you can necessarily rely on what is said in these boards, but by-and-large, what Azamara lists against suite amenities etc. is pretty accurate.

You say 'some items change and change again', yet I don't see where you refer to 'change and change again'.

As for the access to the spa deck, that seems to be moot at the moment. In these boards some occupants of CC suites say they were denied access, but on my recent cruises that wasn't the case.

I must admit, I don't remember that two bottles of wine are included! Perhaps you might care to identify the source of this information.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, manc said:

We don't drink spirits and were given a bottle of the complimentary white wine as a substitute. We had an ultimate package so we didn't drink it on our b2b. 

Wow!

The Azamara web page has had a major reformatting since our cruise.  But the changes I found hard to keep track of included

1 When I booked the cruise there was access to the spa included.  When I started seeing on cc about it not being included I went to the web and it was no longer listed.  And today it is listed being included.

2. For spirits I do not recall what the web description had, but in practice as reported here the included spirits were 4 small bottles, then two bottles, then the one bottle we got with a bottle of wine after I asked, and then when DH got finished with the bottle of bourbon he got another one.  On the web today it just says minibar (which is no longer listed for Veranda). So now the question is, is the beer, small bottle of wine etc in the mini bar included?

8 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

The Azamara web page has had a major reformatting since our cruise.  But the changes I found hard to keep track of included

1 When I booked the cruise there was access to the spa included.  When I started seeing on cc about it not being included I went to the web and it was no longer listed.  And today it is listed being included.

2. For spirits I do not recall what the web description had, but in practice as reported here the included spirits were 4 small bottles, then two bottles, then the one bottle we got with a bottle of wine after I asked, and then when DH got finished with the bottle of bourbon he got another one.  On the web today it just says minibar (which is no longer listed for Veranda). So now the question is, is the beer, small bottle of wine etc in the mini bar included?

If these minor items are not identified in Azamara's list of amenities etc. as included with your accommodation, I would advise you to assume that it is NOT included.

Since you cannot consume these until you board, and they are hardly likely to change your booking decisions, why not wait until you are board to establish whether you will have to pay for them?

CC Amenities (Just copied off the Azamara website)

• Luxurious cotton bed linens with duvet
  • Terry bathrobes and slippers
  • 24-hour room service
  • Fresh-cut flowers
  • Tote bag
  • Use of umbrella
  • Shoe shine-service
  • Turndown treats
  • Daily news bulletin
  • Complimentary Internet (240 minutes or 50% off the unlimited internet package)
  • One free bag of laundry service per suite, each seven days*
  • Complimentary specialty dining
  • Complimentary access to the Thalassotherapy pool and spa deck
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Traveling Fools said:

CC Amenities (Just copied off the Azamara website)

• Luxurious cotton bed linens with duvet
  • Terry bathrobes and slippers
  • 24-hour room service
  • Fresh-cut flowers
  • Tote bag
  • Use of umbrella
  • Shoe shine-service
  • Turndown treats
  • Daily news bulletin
  • Complimentary Internet (240 minutes or 50% off the unlimited internet package)
  • One free bag of laundry service per suite, each seven days*
  • Complimentary specialty dining
  • Complimentary access to the Thalassotherapy pool and spa deck

See Post #5, in this thread.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - I saw one person mentioned that suite guests are able to have breakfast in Aqualina. Can others confirm that is the case, and if it is available on all ships?  I don’t see it mentioned anywhere on the Azamara web-site. Thank you. 

42 minutes ago, LMD said:

Hi - I saw one person mentioned that suite guests are able to have breakfast in Aqualina. Can others confirm that is the case, and if it is available on all ships?  I don’t see it mentioned anywhere on the Azamara web-site. Thank you. 

Yes the Aqualina breakfast for suite guests is available on all ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LMD said:

Hi - I saw one person mentioned that suite guests are able to have breakfast in Aqualina.

This is correct, but we found it disappointing. Food arrived tepid, and our orders were frequently wrong. We stopped going after a few days. 

Forgot to mention that on the occasions we tried Aqualina for breakfast (on at least two different ships) the lamentably slow service was probably the reason the food was tepid.

Complaints to senior staff produced no noticeable improvement.