Chefs Table

tigger54

My family and I will be on the Mardi Gras in April 2024. We would like to do the chefs table on one of the evenings.

Can anyone who has recently been on a cruise tell me what the latest cost is? Also, can we pick an evening or are they done on set days or day? Is there a limit on the size of the party that will be doing this? I believe there will be 10 in our party.  If we decide to do it, do I set this up with my TA ahead of time or can I go on Carnival website and make the reservations myself?
Also, is there any way I can see the daily MDR menu for each evening now or do I have to wait for the cruise.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

1 hour ago, tigger54 said:

My family and I will be on the Mardi Gras in April 2024. We would like to do the chefs table on one of the evenings.

Can anyone who has recently been on a cruise tell me what the latest cost is? Also, can we pick an evening or are they done on set days or day? Is there a limit on the size of the party that will be doing this? I believe there will be 10 in our party.  If we decide to do it, do I set this up with my TA ahead of time or can I go on Carnival website and make the reservations myself?
Also, is there any way I can see the daily MDR menu for each evening now or do I have to wait for the cruise.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

We did Chef's Table in January on the Miracle.

$90pp, booked online.

There is a limit but it was a fairly large group (20 maybe?); but I would book as soon as you can.

It was a set day on our 14 day cruise, we did not get to pick.

It was FABULOUS (no wine pairings; just a red & pinot grigio--luckily I was fine with that)

It was 26 different bites of food--and some were SERVINGS, not bites.

I recommend eating 1/2 of what is served. TRULY.

And skip the bread--it is YUMMY & you won't be able to eat just a bite or 2. But filling.

1/3 of the way thru I was looking at DH with a face--he knew I was already full!!

PACE PACE PACE

(and DH is NOT a foodie. He enjoyed all of it but a mushroom taste--he's no fan)

Edited by KKB

We sail in 6 weeks and are booked for chefs table on the Mardi Gras. I have seen some videos, but have a couple of questions.

1. There is a location on the deck plan on the bottom occupied deck marked "chef's table", but all of the footage I have seen has bee in the Carnival Kitchen Facility. Is that still where it is being hosted?

2. In the videos it is extremely difficult to hear the chef. If you have been, was it like this in person? 

We did Chef's table on the Carnival Luminosa to Alaska this past August.  I believe at the time I booked it was only $80 pp, but we started out in the galley kitchen for the tour and with champagne and a few appetizers, then went to the dessert station where we got a lesson with the head Pastry Chef on how to make the Carnival Melting Cake.  We then headed to the private balcony above the main dining room where 16 of us wined and dined through about 10 courses.  Half-way thru, a magician came thru and did several tricks.  It was unlimited red/white wine the entire time.  We had so many different treats, including duck, sea bass, lamb, New York Strip, etc., etc.  We even tried a little caviar.  This was well worth the $80.  I really enjoyed the Chef's comments and narration of the dishes throughout the journey of awakening our palates.  The association with the other 7 couples was great as well.  5 out of the 8 couples were all celebrating wedding anniversaries including us at 36 years.  I will definitely do Chef's Table again.  Not on every cruise, but it worth going again.

• Like 2

We did the Chef's table on the Celebration.  Had a great time!  I want to say it was about $100 per person.  You meet at the Coffee shop and they walk you to the galley.  You get a galley tour and an appetizer and then they show you how to make the melting chocolate cake.  They then take you into the Chef's table room.  You have no problem hearing the Chef.  Here are some pictures.

IMG_2332.HEIC IMG_2338.HEIC IMG_2339.HEIC IMG_2341.HEIC IMG_2345.HEIC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

Dud they stop doing the Chef's table on 5 or less days? I can't find it on my B2B, 5 then 4 days.

It might be sold out if you can't find it.  It is still available on my 4 day cruise this Monday coming up on the Conquest for $80 pp.  And I see it on my 5 day cruise on the Valor coming up in December for $80 pp.

15 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

We did the Chef's table on the Celebration.  Had a great time!  I want to say it was about $100 per person.  You meet at the Coffee shop and they walk you to the galley.  You get a galley tour and an appetizer and then they show you how to make the melting chocolate cake.  They then take you into the Chef's table room.  You have no problem hearing the Chef.  Here are some pictures.

IMG_2332.HEIC 1.9 MB · 20 downloads IMG_2338.HEIC 1.74 MB · 3 downloads IMG_2339.HEIC 1.63 MB · 5 downloads IMG_2341.HEIC 2.12 MB · 7 downloads IMG_2345.HEIC 3.41 MB · 5 downloads

Thanks for the photos. I am hoping they do it this way on the Mardi Gras when we are there. So far I haven't been able to find any evidence of them actually using the Chef's table dining room. All of the videos I have seen are from last year, and they do the full experience in the Carnival Kitchen area. 

Edited by cheer25mom
  • Like 1