Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

We are on the Holland Zaandam to  the Amazon next month.  I haven't applied for visas yet because of the bank statement.  Our statements come out the 5th and 7th of the month.  I didn't want to apply that early last month because I wanted to see how it was going with the early applications.  What a  $h%t show!

Anyway, now I have to wait until until I can download the next statement.

So my question is whether anyone with Holland has used the letter that was sent to the passengers on the World Cruise?  It is generic and could apply to anyone on a Holland cruise.

Debating whether I should try to use it, rather than wait another week for an actual statement.

Thoughts?

According to the e-visa website, Brazil will accept other forms of evidence of finances:

• Printed bank statement showing transactions for the last 30 days and showing balance of US$ 2,000.00 or proof of income or credit card statement, or
  • A letter from the cruise line confirming that the visa applicant has purchased a cruise ticket, or
  • An individual proof of payment for a cruise ticket.

Has anyone used one of the other forms? Was it successful? For example, it seems that confirmation of payment in full for the cruise is acceptable and that is on the invoice.

6 minutes ago, CynthiaP said:

According to the e-visa website, Brazil will accept other forms of evidence of finances:

• Printed bank statement showing transactions for the last 30 days and showing balance of US$ 2,000.00 or proof of income or credit card statement, or
  • A letter from the cruise line confirming that the visa applicant has purchased a cruise ticket, or
  • An individual proof of payment for a cruise ticket.

Has anyone used one of the other forms? Was it successful? For example, it seems that confirmation of payment in full for the cruise is acceptable and that is on the invoice.

Does anyone highlight important things like dates and amounts or just leave it to them to decipher?

22 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Highlight them

I highlighted and was requested to resubmit document as a clear scanned copy.  Uploaded 2 weeks ago, have heard nothing since.

2 hours ago, ColonyGirl2 said:

Anyway, now I have to wait until until I can download the next statement.

So my question is whether anyone with Holland has used the letter that was sent to the passengers on the World Cruise?  It is generic and could apply to anyone on a Holland cruise.

Debating whether I should try to use it, rather than wait another week for an actual statement.

Thoughts?

On Dec 6, we sent Nov 1-30 statement, Oct AND Sept statement just in case. They could see our pattern of always having more than $2,000 in the bank. 
My suggestion, do the same + add HAL generic letter.

Time is of the essence. Do not delay if you don’t want to stress too much…

Good luck!

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog

23 minutes ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

I did not highlight anything.

Thanks. If you had followed everything as asked, do you think it would have been smooth or was it submitted correctly as per your understanding? I am just trying to get a handle on this as my application will go in after final payment. 

I started my visa process on Dec 14th which I thought would be ample time before our cruise in February. After a few days I was requested to reload my photos and passport scan. They said they did not want a photo of my passport. My mistake here was to scan my passport and save it as a jpeg. I have now gone through the same process but this time I saved it as a pdf and it has been accepted. I did made a mistake with our photos which has now been corrected. Two weeks have now elapsed and I have received a new request to upload my financial data. I uploaded my Canadian bank statement showings funds in Canadian dollars but this is not being accepted. My statement showed that I also have a US account with a small amount of US$ but more that enough C$ to cover their requirements. My only recourse now would appear to shuffle funds between accounts. I am now wondering how long this gong show will go on for.

1 hour ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

On Dec 6, we sent Nov 1-30 statement, Oct AND Sept statement just in case. They could see our pattern of always having more than $2,000 in the bank. 
My suggestion, do the same + add HAL generic letter.

Time is of the essence. Do not delay if you don’t want to stress too much…

Good luck!

Did you redact account numbers?

2 minutes ago, Van Glenn said:

I started my visa process on Dec 14th which I thought would be ample time before our cruise in February. After a few days I was requested to reload my photos and passport scan. They said they did not want a photo of my passport. My mistake here was to scan my passport and save it as a jpeg. I have now gone through the same process but this time I saved it as a pdf and it has been accepted. I did made a mistake with our photos which has now been corrected. Two weeks have now elapsed and I have received a new request to upload my financial data. I uploaded my Canadian bank statement showings funds in Canadian dollars but this is not being accepted. My statement showed that I also have a US account with a small amount of US$ but more that enough C$ to cover their requirements. My only recourse now would appear to shuffle funds between accounts. I am now wondering how long this gong show will go on for.

I thought PDF’s were not acceptable. They wanted PNG which I have never used in my life. How did you get the photo rejected and then accepted? Was it in PDF form and how did you size it correctly? 

• Like 1

- Sent PDF and they were accepted.

- dDd not redact my account number but which I would have afterward. I called my bank and they said nobody could get $$ out with info on bank statements.

-There is no reason why they accepted my bank statements and not my hubby same bank statements!!! I reloaded the same bank statements and like miracle, they accepted them. Go figure!

-Bank statements in CAD and no problem.

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog

1 minute ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

- sent PDF and they were accepted.

- did not redact my account number but which I would have afterward. I called my bank and they said nobody could get $$ out with info on bank statements.

-There is no reason why they accepted my bank statements and not my hubby same bank statements!!! I reloaded the same bank statements and like miracle, they accepted them. Go figure!

Thanks for the info. I will send mine after final payment.

1 minute ago, mom0f3 said:

It is.  We just got a letter from Regent stating visa requirement is postponed for 90 days.  

Doesn’t help us for Celebrity which embarks April 20. So I wonder if you can still apply prior? Based on their track record of approval time it will be almost impossible to get in a three week time frame.

Google lens translates this as (red emphasis mine):

OFFICIAL DIARY OF THE UNION
Published on: 01/04/2024 |
Edition: 3-A | Section: 1- Extra A | Page 1
Body: Acts of the Executive Branch
DECREE No. 11,875, OF JANUARY 4, 2024
Amends Decree No. 11,515, of May 2, 2023, which revokes Decree No. 9,731. March 16, 2019.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC, in the use of the powers conferred on him by art. 84, caput, item VI, line "a", of the Constitution.
DECREE:
Art. 1 Decree No. 11,515, of May 2, 2023, comes into force with the following changes:
"Art. 3° This Decree comes into force on April 10, 2024." (NR)
Art. 2 Decree No. 11,692, of September 5, 2023, is hereby revoked.
Art. 3 This Decree comes into force on the date of its publication.
Brasilia, January 4, 2024: 203rd of Independence and 136th of the Republic.
LUIZ INÁCIO LULA DA SILVA
Ricardo Garcia Cappelli
Maria Laura da Rocha
President of the Federative Republic of Brazil
This content does not replace that published in the certified version.
A LOT
Edited by Mercruiser
  • Like 1

PRESS NOTE Nº 6

New date for the resumption of the requirement for visit visas for nationals of Australia, Canada and the United States

Published on 01/04/2024 8:32 pm Updated on 01/04/2024 8:44 pm

Decree 11,875 was published today, January 4, 2024, in an extra edition of the Official Gazette of the Union, which extends to April 10 the start of the requirement for visas to enter Brazil for holders of common passports from Australia, Canada and the United States. United. The extension aims to complete the process of implementing the electronic visa system, which will make the granting of visas more practical and faster. Based on the principle of reciprocity, visas are granted for a period of up to 10 years and with multiple entries. 

On January 3, of the total of almost 30 thousand electronic visa applications received, 42% presented inaccuracies in filling out the application and in the documentation sent. In recent days, technical problems relating to virtual payment have been resolved and the time for analyzing applications has been accelerated with a greater number of dedicated employees. Additional training for the analysis team was also carried out. 

Furthermore, it was decided to simplify the requirements for the electronic visa, now requiring only filling in the traveler's details, uploading a photo and valid travel document and paying the corresponding consular fees. 

As of today, around 60% of valid applications (without errors) had already been authorized.

In consideration of the interests of Brazilian citizens, the government will remain ready to negotiate, with the three aforementioned countries, visa exemption agreements based on the principles of reciprocity and equality between States, following the example of what occurred in May 2023 with Japan .

Category
Communications and Public Transparency

To improve your experience on the platform and provide personalized services, we use cookies.  accepting, you will have access to all the website's features. If you click on "Reject Cookies", cookies that are not strictly necessary will be disabled. To choose which ones you want to authorize, click on "Manage cookies". Find o
  • Like 1