Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

So, here is the latest. I just got off the phone with VFS Help Line. I’m pretty sure that’s an oxymoron, but if I understood him correctly, they want the last 30 days of activity in PNG format, not PDF. Bless my bank, they are doing that for me right now. I asked about the NCL affadavit, and he was clueless. And so it goes….

1 hour ago, SophieM said:

So, here is the latest. I just got off the phone with VFS Help Line. I’m pretty sure that’s an oxymoron, but if I understood him correctly, they want the last 30 days of activity in PNG format, not PDF. Bless my bank, they are doing that for me right now. I asked about the NCL affadavit, and he was clueless. And so it goes….

And another update, I submitted 11/28-12/28 in PNG format. Guess what. I got another email request from VFS pretty quickly (scary, I know) saying kindly provide (oh, if they only knew my unkind thoughts) a bank statement til the 15th of December. What the what??

3 minutes ago, SophieM said:

And another update, I submitted 11/28-12/28 in PNG format. Guess what. I got another email request from VFS pretty quickly (scary, I know) saying kindly provide (oh, if they only knew my unkind thoughts) a bank statement til the 15th of December. What the what??

It is just terrible. CLIA need to tell the Brazilian Govt in no uncertain terms that this is unacceptable and could result in massive loss of tourism revenue. At least Oceana gave some guidance, Celebrity gave none.

22 minutes ago, SophieM said:

But, wait, there’s more, she said laughing hysterically and a bit unhinged. Now I just got another email back asking me to please re-upload Financial Proof with “please provide bank statement with ending balance $2000,” even though what I sent showed comfortably more than $2000. So, once again, my bank has come to the rescue, and I will send a 12/15 statement with a balance of #*&)-( $2000. 

it’s 5 o’clock somewhere. 

Has anyone had success recently getting responses to emails sent to Brazil eVisa Customer Support?  I have tried sending several emails to them over the last week but only once got a response and it was an automated one.  

One of the pieces of information requested in that response is the “Application Centre”.  Does anyone know what they are looking for here?

Even though I have received an eVisa for myself (but still trying for my wife), I am close to giving up on this process.  It is not worth the continued frustration for a one day visit to the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls.

Edited by slewis7

16 hours ago, SophieM said:

I was wondering about this. The two documents I had rejected (bank statement, roundtrip airline ticket) were both PDF files. The website listed PDF as an accepted format, but I was wondering if that was what was "wrong" with them, since they contain all of the required information.

15 hours ago, SophieM said:

I had a similar problem when I started the process on 10 December.  My bank statements run from the 21st of the month to the 20th of the next month.  Been that way for 30 years.  But I was told the entirety of November had to be on the statement.  Even though the requirement was a statement covering 30 days.  

Wooooohoooooo! I have finally passed quality control and moved on to recommended by VFS. Here’s what I think finally worked for me:

-all files were PNG

-bank statement showed 11/15-12/15 with the ending balance stated after/with the last transaction. I had also submitted 11/28-12/28, and that was rejected. I spoke with someone on the Help Line who said 11/15-12/15. If you haven’t started the process, it may be different dates. I would check with the Help Line. 

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleeeeeluiaaaaaa
Well, I just checked the website and we are both ‘Approved’.
🥂🎉🎊. Seriously, we gave each other high fives and did a happy dance. It took 23 days to obtain an approval status for our e-visas. We should receive an email in a day or two with our e-visa attached. More than 3 weeks to receive an e-visa! I am sure they can do better!!

18 minutes ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleeeeeluiaaaaaa
Well, I just checked the website and we are both ‘Approved’.
🥂🎉🎊. Seriously, we gave each other high fives and did a happy dance. It took 23 days to obtain an approval status for our e-visas. We should receive an email in a day or two with our e-visa attached. More than 3 weeks to receive an e-visa! I am sure they can do better!!

Congrats!!!  When is your cruise?

Just now, SophieM said:

Congrats!!!  When is your cruise?

Complicated:

Leaving on Jan 1 from Canada to Santiago, Chile

Jan 7-29: HAL Santiago to Buenos Aires

Jan 29: Flight to Iguazu Falls (Argentina)

Jan 30 or 31: visit Brazil side of the falls

Feb 1: Flight to Salta, Argentina. Then, Bariloche and El Calafete

Feb 12: Flight to Buenos Aires

Feb 20: Board Seabourn cruise 33-night ending in Miami. This cruise will discover mostly Brazil…

March 24: Flight to Canada from MIA.

27 minutes ago, SophieM said:

Wooooohoooooo! I have finally passed quality control and moved on to recommended by VFS. Here’s what I think finally worked for me:

-all files were PNG

-bank statement showed 11/15-12/15 with the ending balance stated after/with the last transaction. I had also submitted 11/28-12/28, and that was rejected. I spoke with someone on the Help Line who said 11/15-12/15. If you haven’t started the process, it may be different dates. I would check with the Help Line. 

Just read back through my other posts and wanted to clarify that VFS did accept a bank statement with more than $2000. I ended up not having to send one with just $2000. Evidently the problem was it didn’t show the ending balance where they expected it to be, even though it was on the page. Hence my comment about sending one a 4th grader could understand.  

3 minutes ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

Complicated:

Leaving on Jan 1 from Canada to Santiago, Chile

Jan 7-29: HAL Santiago to Buenos Aires

Jan 29: Flight to Iguazu Falls (Argentina)

Jan 30 or 31: visit Brazil side of the falls

Feb 1: Flight to Salta, Argentina. Then, Bariloche and El Calafete

Feb 12: Flight to Buenos Aires

Feb 20: Board Seabourn cruise 33-night ending in Miami. This cruise will discover mostly Brazil…

March 24: Flight to Canada from MIA.

Complicated may be an understatement, but it looks like a fabulous trip!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SophieM said:

-all files were PNG

Congrats finally! I am still confused as to your statement. What are you actually saying that the statement final date must precede the application date? Is PNG a common format I have never used it knowingly? And did you use Mac or Android. I have Mac.

Edited by tottenhamfc

29 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

Congrats finally! I am still confused as to your statement. What are you actually saying that the statement final date must precede the application date? Is PNG a common format I have never used it knowingly? And did you use Mac or Android. I have Mac.

I submitted our applications 12/21 and 12/22. I originally included a complete November statement and a 12/1-12/19 statement. They didn’t like that. Not really sure why now. So, I had my bank do 11/28 to 12/28.  They rejected that, too. I contacted the help line by phone from the link on the VFS website. He said 11/15-12/15 and submit all answers in PNG format. Bless my bank, they have been super helpful. They created that statement and sent it to me in PNG format. I used my IPad for the application, so I saved it to “Files” and uploaded it from there. I am not familiar with Mac, but it may have something similar. I saved all of the items I needed to upload to Files, which has “convert image” that I used to make all my files PNG. I hope that clears it up a bit. If not, I’ll take another stab at it. Good luck!

44 minutes ago, SophieM said:

I submitted our applications 12/21 and 12/22. I originally included a complete November statement and a 12/1-12/19 statement. They didn’t like that. Not really sure why now. So, I had my bank do 11/28 to 12/28.  They rejected that, too. I contacted the help line by phone from the link on the VFS website. He said 11/15-12/15 and submit all answers in PNG format. Bless my bank, they have been super helpful. They created that statement and sent it to me in PNG format. I used my IPad for the application, so I saved it to “Files” and uploaded it from there. I am not familiar with Mac, but it may have something similar. I saved all of the items I needed to upload to Files, which has “convert image” that I used to make all my files PNG. I hope that clears it up a bit. If not, I’ll take another stab at it. Good luck!

I think that I was correct. Your bank info last day was after the app date. Doesn't make sense because you covered off before and after. Anyway those are their rules so do what they say. Are your photos and passport in PNG or JPEG format? Hopefully there is consistency as you may have assisted many of us. Thank you!

Edited by tottenhamfc

2 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

I think that I was correct. Your bank info last day was after the app date. Doesn't make sense because you covered off before and after. Anyway those are their rules so do what they say. Are your photos and passport in PNG or JPEG format? Hopefully there is consistency as you may have assisted many of us. Thank you!

Hope it will help! All files were sent PNG. And no ears showing on the passport photo they accepted of me! 🙂 

Has anyone seen any status changes or request for information on the weekends?  Time is running short and we are getting nervous since we submitted PDF documents and not PNG format which now seems to be the format to use and we seem to be stuck at the "pending document upload" stage.

On 12/21/2023 at 2:09 PM, tvgraves said:

The support email address is Brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com

You'll get an autoreply saying they will get back to you in one business day....but they won't.  I've been waiting for five business days.

tvgraves- have you had any luck with your visa?  We’re also on the Splendor of the Seas with you.  We applied back on Nov 3rd and we finally received a response and they want the same info all over again. Did you receive the letter from Regent about financial proof?  This is crazy.

4 hours ago, CuteyPie001 said:

tvgraves- have you had any luck with your visa?  We’re also on the Splendor of the Seas with you.  We applied back on Nov 3rd and we finally received a response and they want the same info all over again. Did you receive the letter from Regent about financial proof?  This is crazy.

We are on Seabourn Quest.  I got my Visa on 12/26, ten days after passing QC check.  My wife went into that status on the 27th, so we are hopeful that her visa will come in early January.

On 12/29/2023 at 1:16 AM, slewis7 said:

Has anyone had success recently getting responses to emails sent to Brazil eVisa Customer Support?  I have tried sending several emails to them over the last week but only once got a response and it was an automated one.  

One of the pieces of information requested in that response is the “Application Centre”.  Does anyone know what they are looking for here?

Even though I have received an eVisa for myself (but still trying for my wife), I am close to giving up on this process.  It is not worth the continued frustration for a one day visit to the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls.

What documentation did you provide to show a round trip reservation to/from Brazil (see red text below)? I ask because, like you, I was planning to make a day trip from Argentina to the Brazil side of Iguazu falls. That trip across the border would be on a taxi or bus.

Source: [Official] Brazil Evisa | Tourist eVisa (vfsevisa.com) Click on "Information" tab.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR eVisa( Tourism/Business) Stays Up to 90 Days
  • Confirmation of round trip reservation (flight, ship, or bus reservation showing entrance by air, sea or land into Brazil and exit from Brazil).

4 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

What documentation did you provide to show a round trip reservation to/from Brazil (see red text below)? I ask because, like you, I was planning to make a day trip from Argentina to the Brazil side of Iguazu falls. That trip across the border would be on a taxi or bus.

My application was approved (after several attempts) supplying a screen shot of our flights in and out of other countries in South America.  That same image of our flights has been rejected for my wife’s application.  I have not been any to get any feedback now as to what alternative is required.  I will try the chat function this week and see if I can get anywhere since they are not responding to emails from me.  If that fails, I will see if I call make a phone call for help.  SO FRUSTRATING!