Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

16 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I received mine in 5 days - applied 2 Dec Visa arrived on 7 Dec

image.thumb.jpeg.778f28d46aa697d0978eed05f9d79038.jpeg

I wrote an HOW TO GET YOUR BRAZIL VISA GUIDE - see my website  -

www.theinsidecabin.com to download 

If I may ask, how was your visa delivered? Was it sent as an attachment to an eMail, or directly as in-line email content, or in an email with a link where you download the visa? Is the format a pdf, jpg, or other?

TIA

52 minutes ago, topkatz said:

If I may ask, how was your visa delivered? Was it sent as an attachment to an eMail, or directly as in-line email content, or in an email with a link where you download the visa? Is the format a pdf, jpg, or other?

TIA

THe first thing you may notice - if you check your status daily - is your status will change to APPROVED - then you will get an email from VFS Global with your VISA attached in a PDF format - hours later, up to 48 hours later.   Then - even later - when you log in, you will be able to download your visa again as as well as all your uploaded documents.

So the final string goes like this

status changes to APPROVED

email arrives (much later) with visa attached at PDF

your dashboard will later show a link where you can download the visa again as a PDF

Perfect, thanks.

18 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I received mine in 5 days - applied 2 Dec Visa arrived on 7 Dec

image.thumb.jpeg.778f28d46aa697d0978eed05f9d79038.jpeg

I wrote an HOW TO GET YOUR BRAZIL VISA GUIDE - see my website  -

www.theinsidecabin.com to download 

TIA

On Oceania- Maina. Ending Jan 11in Buenos Aires.  Boarding 7 Seas Splendor same day. Need a Brazilian visa. Having terrible time getting visa. I Visa keeps asking for the same info. Does anyone have a customer service email for I Visa? We are using cell phones. We applied back in Nov before boarding ship. Was in line / que until the app opened earlier in Dec. Very frustrating.  Any help will be appreciated.  

dw64 at aol dot com. Thank you.

5 hours ago, dw64 said:

Having terrible time getting visa. I Visa keeps asking for the same info. Does anyone have a customer service email for I Visa? We applied back in Nov before boarding ship. Was in line / que until the app opened earlier in Dec. Very frustrating.  Any help will be appreciated.  

I am assuming your document or photo is not under 1MB. We are all very frustrated. I applied on Dec 6 and we are still waiting for our e-visas. At least, you are not alone. Suggestion: read the above document prepared by ‘The-Inside-Cabin’. Good luck.

On 12/16/2023 at 11:24 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

THe first thing you may notice - if you check your status daily - is your status will change to APPROVED - then you will get an email from VFS Global with your VISA attached in a PDF format - hours later, up to 48 hours later.   Then - even later - when you log in, you will be able to download your visa again as as well as all your uploaded documents.

So the final string goes like this

status changes to APPROVED

email arrives (much later) with visa attached at PDF

your dashboard will later show a link where you can download the visa again as a PDF

I've read through your website tutorial and it is very helpful. Thank you for posting this.  I'm getting all my information together to do this. Perhaps you know the answer to this question. I moved at the first of Oct. I've updated my address with my bank, but I just looked at my latest statement closing 12/15 and they have my previous address on it. My question is do you think or know if this will be a problem with it being different than my current address? 

14 minutes ago, ORV said:

I've read through your website tutorial and it is very helpful. Thank you for posting this.  I'm getting all my information together to do this. Perhaps you know the answer to this question. I moved at the first of Oct. I've updated my address with my bank, but I just looked at my latest statement closing 12/15 and they have my previous address on it. My question is do you think or know if this will be a problem with it being different than my current address? 

No - they look that the name matches - but the frustrating part is that the rejections seem almost random.  I have had couples submit identical financials and one was accepted and the other rejected.   In some cases they resubmitted the exact same thing and they were accepted.  horrible process.  But its the only show in town.

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

No - they look that the name matches - but the frustrating part is that the rejections seem almost random.  I have had couples submit identical financials and one was accepted and the other rejected.   In some cases they resubmitted the exact same thing and they were accepted.  horrible process.  But its the only show in town.

I have only seen applications submitted on Dec. 2 without errors that have received their E-Visa's.  Have you noticed anyone else being issued an E-Visa?  I submitted mine on Dec. 3., made correction and received email on Dec. 4 advancing to Under Check status on the 5th.  Now in Under Check status since the 5th.

41 minutes ago, davencl said:

I have only seen applications submitted on Dec. 2 without errors that have received their E-Visa's.  Have you noticed anyone else being issued an E-Visa?  I submitted mine on Dec. 3., made correction and received email on Dec. 4 advancing to Under Check status on the 5th.  Now in Under Check status since the 5th.

My DW's application was submitted on the third, we made several corrections the same day and got a quality control email that night, she showed as approved on the 8th and got her actual visa on the 11th. (I still have a valid visa from a previous trip so did not need to apply).

Edited by Wehwalt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wehwalt said:

My DW's application was submitted on the third, we made several corrections the same day and got a quality control email that night, she showed as approved on the 8th and got her actual visa on the 11th. (I still have a valid visa from a previous trip so did not need to apply).

Thanks that is encouraging.

5 hours ago, davencl said:

Many people are flowing - I was approved without much fuss and unless you are active on social media you wouldn't be aware of the problems encountered by many people.    Some are random rejections for no apparent reason - others are obvious rejections where some one tried to send in a selfie and a picture and don't have a laptop - this is almost impossible to compete on a phone.  Possible but much harder

47 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Updated STATUS definitions with flow chart - It can take DAYS between steps - but your first review is usually within 24- 48 hours - which is why avoiding the DOOM loop is crucial. 

image.thumb.png.7d0d9cf9ddc593be7d79cacbf6a936c7.png

image.png.327db5dfe6069264cf18ad819baa1b1d.png

I noticed on your tutorial that you said only send in the Photo page of your passport. Elsewhere I read that someone was also asked for their signature page. I have the new style passport that has 2 photo pages, one has all the info, the other has the signature line. They are page 2 and 3. Do you know which is correct?

Thanks for all the great information you've provided to help those of us struggling with this. 

40 minutes ago, ORV said:

I noticed on your tutorial that you said only send in the Photo page of your passport. Elsewhere I read that someone was also asked for their signature page. I have the new style passport that has 2 photo pages, one has all the info, the other has the signature line. They are page 2 and 3. Do you know which is correct?

Thanks for all the great information you've provided to help those of us struggling with this. 

I read that CIBT is asking for both.    I have bern advising on using a single page and am unaware of any rejections asking for two pages.  I gave had rejections when someone submitted 2 pages and VFS global said only send one.  

send in the one with the info.  Not the signature.   Scan it.  No photos. 

I would send in the one page with the bio info 

• Thanks 1

Have any on here received their visas? It has gone very quiet. Please update if you have time. I read a travel article the other day and the editor said he would not trust individuals with the banking info in Brazil. He was concerned about fraud, potential kidnapping and other disturbing possibilities. I myself have concerns about sending this info also. He thinks this will discourage people from holidaying in Brazil. On a cruise you have to return to the ship, so why do you have to show that you can afford to stay in the country? My cruise is literally there for 10 hours.

On 12/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, dw64 said:

On Oceania- Maina. Ending Jan 11in Buenos Aires.  Boarding 7 Seas Splendor same day. Need a Brazilian visa. Having terrible time getting visa. I Visa keeps asking for the same info. Does anyone have a customer service email for I Visa? We are using cell phones. We applied back in Nov before boarding ship. Was in line / que until the app opened earlier in Dec. Very frustrating.  Any help will be appreciated.  

The support email address is Brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com

You'll get an autoreply saying they will get back to you in one business day....but they won't.  I've been waiting for five business days.

30 minutes ago, tvgraves said:

The support email address is Brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com

You'll get an autoreply saying they will get back to you in one business day....but they won't.  I've been waiting for five business days.

Have you discussed with Oceana? I think this needs some massaging via a collective effort from the cruiselines. I personally do not feel comfortable giving banking info for a port stop where we Re only dropping cash and getting back on the ship. I fully understand if we are staying in Brazil and they lose control of your whereabouts but the crew would be more likely to stay and not get back on board. How on earth do they get their visas for port stops only

Edited by tottenhamfc

We have not received our e-visas. We applied on Dec 6!
This is what we received from Seabourn on Dec 19 (see photo).

I read this article as well. We want e-visas so we will provide what is requested… It is what it is. Our passports have to be renewed when we come back from this cruise so at least…

Bank statements, for sure they don’t need that info but what can we do?

IMG_0386.jpeg

1 hour ago, tottenhamfc said:

Have you discussed with Oceana? I think this needs some massaging via a collective effort from the cruiselines. I personally do not feel comfortable giving banking info for a port stop where we Re only dropping cash and getting back on the ship. I fully understand if we are staying in Brazil and they lose control of your whereabouts but the crew would be more likely to stay and not get back on board. How on earth do they get their visas for port stops only

We are on a Seabourn cruise, not Oceana.  Seabourn and HAL have been working the issue, and their last update was that the Brazilian congress is considering delaying the requirement because of the systemic issues.  

I don't think there is any way around the bank statement requirement.  Redact the account number.  But honestly, criminals are going to assume anyone getting off an international cruise ship is relatively wealthy, so the bank statement on its own doesn't put a bigger target on your back.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Version 5.0 of the "How to get a Brazil Evisa" is now available for download  HERE

image.png.be4e833cb53a8b47ac061d3661fd8e38.png

I didn't see any guidance where it says add applicant. Is this where I put my wife's information or do we start a whole new application? Thanks

17 minutes ago, ORV said:

I didn't see any guidance where it says add applicant. Is this where I put my wife's information or do we start a whole new application? Thanks

There is something called a family evisa - when do you see the add applicant option? After you paid for yourself?    I started a new application for my wife - I didn't see any other options avail.....send me a screen shot if you can  

connect@theinsidecabin.com

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin