Covid and Future Cruise Credits

Sonora5

We were on the Rotterdam from Aug 26 to Sept 9. My husband contracted covid the last week and had to quarantine for five days. He is fine and did not get very sick. We got a letter promising Future Cruise Credits. These have not yet shown up in our account. Has anyone had this happen? I hate to call HAL because that is always a waste of a couple of hours. How long will it take for the FCCs to arrive?

I believe mine showed up about 2 months after I arrived home. You’ll need to keep checking because they don’t inform you that they are there, they just appear when you log on.

Edited by sue1898

You will need to contact HAL, but if you are booking another cruise you can have t/a ask and include it. But for us the expiration date to use it is from when it's posted to your account as ours was posted 3 months after another passenger got theirs and we had a later use by date.  So no harm in it being delayed if you are not booking yet. As long as you keep that letter. Also the letter will usually say the number of days which is calculated at the daily base rate of the cruise you were quarantined so it may be less $$$ than what the future cruise cost is since prices increase. We just booked a lower category to cover more days. 

• Like 1

Our COVID FCC from November 2022 showed up in March 2023, but only after we had our travel agent place 3 calls to HAL to get it for us.  Situations like this are one reason we always use a travel agent to book our cruises.  As others stated, the clock doesn't start ticking on the time limit until after you get it in your account.

9 hours ago, Sonora5 said:

We were on the Rotterdam from Aug 26 to Sept 9. My husband contracted covid the last week and had to quarantine for five days. He is fine and did not get very sick. We got a letter promising Future Cruise Credits. These have not yet shown up in our account. Has anyone had this happen? I hate to call HAL because that is always a waste of a couple of hours. How long will it take for the FCCs to arrive?

Did this letter about future cruise credits arrive while on board, or after returning from home?

I just got off the Noordam with a five-day quarantine, and my husband two days.  We got a certificate of recovery, but no promise of credit.

We'd already purchased  two future cruise deposits.

Edited by knittinggirl
try to add to email list

Good News!   Checked the future cruise deposits at hal.com.    My husband got some covid credit, I didn't yet.   Maybe they haven't updated mine yet.

The hitch is that we must book and sail by April 5th, 2024.  Our cruise isn't until July.

Anybody know if they will extend the deadline?

10 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

Did this letter about future cruise credits arrive while on board, or after returning from home?

I just got off the Noordam with a five-day quarantine, and my husband two days.  We got a certificate of recovery, but no promise of credit.

We'd already purchased  two future cruise deposits.

We got a letter stating that we would get future cruise credits. We received the letter onboard as part of a packet of materials that included our medical costs and a report from the ship’s doctor. 

5 minutes ago, NiceAunt said:

For those of you who had to quarantine, were you able to quarantine in your own room or did they move you to another area designated on the ship for quarantining?     Thank you! 

They sent us to our own room.    They opened up the daily menu for us!  

We did receive future cruise credit to our hal account.   It expires in 6 months (sail date). 

DH will only let us take only one cruise next year, so we can't use it.

Wonderful to have a balcony.    

Edited by knittinggirl

6 hours ago, NiceAunt said:

For those of you who had to quarantine, were you able to quarantine in your own room or did they move you to another area designated on the ship for quarantining?     Thank you! 

We quarantined in our own room, which was good for us because it was a Neptune Suite.  We spent a lot of our time on our balcony looking at the islands in French Polynesia.  Fortunately, I wasn't very sick (I've had colds that were worse) and my wife never got it.

They took good care of us, with great room service and great food.  We even got to order from the Pinnacle Grill menu a couple of times.

25 minutes ago, sciencewonk said:

We quarantined in our own room, which was good for us because it was a Neptune Suite.  We spent a lot of our time on our balcony looking at the islands in French Polynesia.  Fortunately, I wasn't very sick (I've had colds that were worse) and my wife never got it.

They took good care of us, with great room service and great food.  We even got to order from the Pinnacle Grill menu a couple of times.

Wow!  We were in a Signature Suite.  Did they really send you the Pinnacle Grill Menu?   I think they had a few Pinnacle items on the dinner menu, but we weren't feeling good enough to splurge.  Fortunately, we had a lunch in Pinnacle before the quarantine.  

We were in Alaska, and got to see some Glaciers.  The interesting thing, was being on the port side, we got to see the glaciers, but the captain got worried about the wind, cut our time by 30 minutes, and turned the ship around and headed out.

I doubt people were too upset after so much turbulence ahead of time in the Gulf of Alaska.  Never learned what the Beaufort was.

My husband had to stay in our room-a verandah room. I was allowed to roam freely because I tested negative. We had some trouble with room service. The waiters were all very nice but most of them would not enter our room. They wanted to hand me the heavy tray. I had to carry in items one or two at a time. Same with getting the tray out of the room. We also had a weird issue where they refused to deliver the breakfast menu. I still don't understand why, when they delivered lunch and dinner menus.

My favorite room service order was bento boxes from Tamarind. They did arrive 2 hours late but they were good.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:25 PM, NiceAunt said:

Hubby caught it on our Transatlantic in April.  We were in an Inside cabin, so we asked if there were any verandah cabins available..  There were some they were reserving for covid isolation pax so we got one. I tested negative and was able to roam freely.  Service was spotty by room service, as the waits were sometimes long.  Only certain people could deliver to the covid area it seems.

We never even considered Specialty Dining.  I think it was on the dinner menu, but I was filling out the orders, and I had diarrhea the entire quarantine.   

My handwriting is bad, and DH's is worse.  

The miser in me wonders if you had to pay for food from specialty.

The dehydration sent me to the basement once by stretcher and another two or three by wheelchair.    Service was so fast, it surprised me in a good way!

My email to HAL Medical Records was rejected, it's been in my address book for years.  Anybody have a better email?

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by knittinggirl