3 day cruise on Princess

I was looking at a last minute cruise for three days in November on Majestic Princess. There were several rooms still available. I hesitate and didn’t book it or put on hold. I went back the next day and it is saying currently not available. It has said this now for two weeks.  Has anyone experienced this before and then it becomes available or is it booked out. 

1 hour ago, Jules Syd said:

Has anyone experienced this before and then it becomes available or is it booked out. 

There's no way to know for sure.

On any cruise there are always last minute cancellations. The best way to take advantage of them is to talk to a travel agent and try to be put on standby, or wait and see what happens.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jules Syd said:

Thanks. Can I just go on standby with Princess directly myself?  I don’t use a travel agent. 

wait list for $100 pp which is off the cruise if you get a berth

4 hours ago, Jules Syd said:

I was looking at a last minute cruise for three days in November on Majestic Princess. There were several rooms still available. I hesitate and didn’t book it or put on hold. I went back the next day and it is saying currently not available. It has said this now for two weeks.  Has anyone experienced this before and then it becomes available or is it booked out. 

Even though it may appear that several rooms are available, some passengers don't have specific rooms allocated yet. So if you see 20 cabins available, but there are 18 bookings waiting on a cabin assignment, you get to choose from all 20 but there would only be two left for sale. Once those two are gone, sold-out.

We booked this one over a year ago, and have been watching it closely. It has been close to sold-out for several weeks, and briefly had sold-out status a couple of times over a month ago as well.

@Jules Syd If you are reading, you are in luck for 4th November. A cabin has just popped up, so you can get a balcony, mini suite, reserve coll mini-suite. Might not be there long.

24 minutes ago, Jules Syd said:

Thanks we got the cabin that was available. We got a mini suite, I booked it  last night and paid this morning so now I can get exited. 

Well done. See you there.

A rather quiet roll call, if you are interested:

17 minutes ago, Jules Syd said:

Thanks @arxcards .  You helped us get this cruise. Also following the roll call. Do you know if there is going to be a formal night considering it’s only 3 day cruise. 

Lucky timing, so glad you got on. Waitlists aren't automatic, and require a Princess rep to call. It depends on what time it is, and how busy they are. There could have already been passengers on the waitlist that won't be getting a call tomorrow morning.

I think the same cruise we did last year on Coral had one, but it wasn't over the top. Overall, most were dressed pretty smart on all nights. It will be an interesting crowd. Plenty on for a weekend getaway to chill and/or party, while there are plenty staying on after the Transpacific, and then doing the Fiji one that follows. The latter will have their nice formal clothes.

24 minutes ago, Jules Syd said:

@arxcards I just found on Princess website there is no formal night. It said dinner will be smart casual.  Now does smart casual mean my husband can wear jeans and a shirt?  Like we were going to a nice restaurant in Sydney. 

Your hubby will pass, as long as they don't have those fashionable holes in them. I think the generic smart casual standard is collared shirt and trousers with shoes (no thongs). Plenty wear tidy jeans, and I go half-way with chinos.

And at last Princess has given us a half decent comedy act on the last night - Scared Weird Little Guys.

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

And at last Princess has given us a half decent comedy act on the last night - Scared Weird Little Guys.

They are brilliant! So funny!

Normally we avoid comedy acts as we've seen and been bored/offended/cringed-out by too many bad ones but we went to a variety show one night where these guys were one of the acts. They were so impressive we went to their full show. 

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They are brilliant! So funny!

Normally we avoid comedy acts as we've seen and been bored/offended/cringed-out by too many bad ones but we went to a variety show one night where these guys were one of the acts. They were so impressive we went to their full show. 

Yes, we will be there. 

Saw them by accident a few years ago, I think on P&O. They had retired the act, but Rusty continued with "Rusty and the Other Guy. Turns out that the Other Guy was sick, so we had Scared Weird Little Guys performing as Rusty & the Other Guy. Seen bits of them way back on Footy Show & Hey Hey.

We also have another decent comedian, Jeff Green on night 1, so we might actually make an effort there too. Who would have thought - 2 comedy acts worth seeing on the same cruise. They bookend the production show Fiera.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, we will be there. 

Saw them by accident a few years ago, I think on P&O. They had retired the act, but Rusty continued with "Rusty and the Other Guy. Turns out that the Other Guy was sick, so we had Scared Weird Little Guys performing as Rusty & the Other Guy. Seen bits of them way back on Footy Show & Hey Hey.

We also have another decent comedian, Jeff Green on night 1, so we might actually make an effort there too. Who would have thought - 2 comedy acts worth seeing on the same cruise. They bookend the production show Fiera.

Just a warm up with Jeff Green

love comedy  might do a comedy cruise one day  ,  however i was nearly put of comedy when my golfing partner said he was comedian, i just Pea'd my self laughing and thought yeah ya pulling me leg ya little wogboy (please no one take offence he took it like a term of endearment and i wouldnt say it unless i knew the person really well)   However though  looking through youtube for something and a comedian showed up and i took a double take  and sure enough it was my golfing partner i played golf with week in and week out..  So sat and listened to his comedy skit , well did i luagh, well no i did'nt  i thought his comedy had no appeal what soever, yeah i had a giggle at some of it but 90% bored me..   the weeklater i said to him ,  mate i think you need to find some new stuff  ya youtube comedy skit was  boring but got a giggle  at 1 or may be 2 of ya jokes but that was just me.
he said  oz  thats fine mate i know my taste isnt for everyone.   we still are friends but since i have moved golf clubs , we have drifted our ownways.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

Just a warm up with Jeff Green

love comedy  might do a comedy cruise one day  ,  however i was nearly put of comedy when my golfing partner said he was comedian, i just Pea'd my self laughing and thought yeah ya pulling me leg ya little wogboy (please no one take offence he took it like a term of endearment and i wouldnt say it unless i knew the person really well)   However though  looking through youtube for something and a comedian showed up and i took a double take  and sure enough it was my golfing partner i played golf with week in and week out..  So sat and listened to his comedy skit , well did i luagh, well no i did'nt  i thought his comedy had no appeal what soever, yeah i had a giggle at some of it but 90% bored me..   the weeklater i said to him ,  mate i think you need to find some new stuff  ya youtube comedy skit was  boring but got a giggle  at 1 or may be 2 of ya jokes but that was just me.
he said  oz  thats fine mate i know my taste isnt for everyone.   we still are friends but since i have moved golf clubs , we have drifted our ownways.  

They have comedians (loosely termed) on many of the local ships, including Pacific Adventure. Not just the comedy cruises - what an April fools joke that would be 🤣

I had a double take when I saw Jeff Green. He shares his name with the worst boss I ever had, and I have had a few over the years.

• Haha 2

If you'd used a travel agent you wouldn't be in this fix as we can put a hold on a cabin for around five days without requiring a deposit that gives you time to decide. We can also do multiple waitlists on different cabin categories. People who try to do it all themselves usually don't have either the knowledge or the booking tools that travel agents do, and you don't pay any more for that.

• Like 1