When does checkin open.

gerig

1 hour ago, gerig said:

I have a cruise for the beginning of December and the app keeps telling me to check back closer to my sail date.  This doesn't appear correct.

This is from the website under my list of bookings.  It has the open date for check-in under "check in not available".

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 8.13.33 AM.png

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 2:28 AM, little britain said:

As I understand it:

the gratuity staff are guaranteed a salary - say $1000pm of which a % is paid by tips.

If they don’t get the tips than RCI will top up the salary to ensure they hit the minimum of $1000.

However, if there are several months where they don’t get tipped and have to be topped up; then the likelihood of their contracts being renewed decreases. 

Of course if everyone does pay their tips then their monthly salary far exceeds $1000 which is the upside. 

It was always said that the staff didn’t want the contracts on the UK based ships because of the reluctance to pay the tips. 

On 10/4/2023 at 4:41 PM, Billy Baltic said:

I don’t live in the UK but if it was on everything then it might have been VAT (value added tax). 

2 hours ago, Anton said:

And in the app.IMG_414EC7086D17-1.thumb.png.233ec1a123d0b6f6b1600a6dd59bc229.png

My app doesn't state when check in opens.  I may have to uninstall and install again

4 minutes ago, gerig said:

I did that but it didn't work.

There were issues with the app last week with people not being able to check in and then it cleared.  I would just give it time.  You aren't 45 days prior to your cruise anyway if you are sailing in December, so you have time.

• Like 1