Diamond Status for me and kids & Internet

exm

Hi,

So I achieved Diamond Status and I'm planning a Wonder sailing next year. My 3 minor kids also achieved Diamond Status due to my status. How does the "free day of internet" work exactly? Would love to use the 5 free days (spouse, myself and 3 kids) to almost get a free week of internet. Just not sure how this can be activated/how this works.

I don’t believe youth benefits include internet. Both you and your wife will receive one day (consecutive 24 hours) each. 

You can check with the internet desk on board for activation assistance. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t believe youth benefits include internet

Yes, youth perks do include internet.

Just follow the steps to purchase internet, and the info you enter will bring up your discount and you'll "buy" a day of internet for $0.

We do exactly this! We use a travel router in our room and log in each day with one of our accounts and then we all share the internet via the travel router. You need to switch accounts each day since the account set up is tied to a person, but we just use our last name followed by a number, for example smith1, smith2, etc.

When we are out and about on the ship, we can only use one log in, but all being able to connect in the room is all we need for the week.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, youth perks do include internet.

Just follow the steps to purchase internet, and the info you enter will bring up your discount and you'll "buy" a day of internet for $0.

Thx. Good to know. Family members missed out  as they were  unaware of the internet benefit for kids. 
m

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thx. Good to know. Family members missed out  as they were  unaware of the internet benefit for kids. 
m

Not sure when your family members sailed but it has only been in the past 2 or 3 years that kids have received the free internet

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Can you recommend a model for this?

Sure! I use a TP-Link AC750 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router, which is about $40 on Amazon. It works well and is pretty simple to set, but the range will only be your cabin.

It is hard to find great instructions, but basically you connect to the router's wifi, then go to the routers guided setup page which will have you select the ship's wifi. After connecting to the ship's wifi with the router, you can go to the Zoom login page (logon.com I believe) from any computer or phone connected to the router. The first device connected will be prompted to log in, but once one device has logged in, all the other devices will have the internet without having to go through the log in screen.

If you leave the cabin and want to use the wifi, you can switch devices to your phone. Once back in the cabin, you just need to go to logon.com again to reconnect.

• Thanks 1