Refundable Deposit or non-refundable?

kqcallahan

OK, I have tried to read through things here and online. I'm trying to get a feeling for when a cruise is not refundable.

Right now they are 70% off second guest. Would it be refundable? or is it non-ref when you take the "free" stuff?

Would Black Friday sales be refundable? 

Any help would be awesome breaking this down for me. I appreciate any help.

Deposits are refundable up until 120 days which is also when final payment is due.  After that point, the full payment is refundable up to a certain percentage based on how many days out you are.  See below.

There more than likely will not be a Black Friday deal that is any different than what they are currently offering.  

image.png.2dca0ae6139a3db9ea6fba692a02b14a.png

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Liljo22 said:

Deposits are refundable up until 120 which is also when final payment is due.  After that point, the full payment is refundable up to a certain percentage based on how many days out you are.  See below.

There more than likely will not be a Black Friday deal that is any different than what they are currently offering.  

image.png.2dca0ae6139a3db9ea6fba692a02b14a.png

I don’t think the OP is in the US, different countries have different policies.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I don’t think the OP is in the US, different countries have different policies.

They are in Canada which I believe is the same.  Its the European countries that have different rules.  I switched over to the Canadian website and they have the same cancellation policy listed.  

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

They are in Canada which I believe is the same.  Its the European countries that have different rules.  I switched over to the Canadian website and they have the same cancellation policy listed.  

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Yes I'm from Canada. I saw this schedule. But someone told me that there are certain sales that don't count to this so then I got a little nervous. 

Thank you to all or responses.

@kqcallahan

.... someone told me that there are certain sales that don't count to this ....

Don't believe everything you are told!!   Talk to NCL about it.   BUT I don't believe that there is any difference; when or under what conditions you book and pay the deposit; in the percentage loss on cancellation

2 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@kqcallahan

.... someone told me that there are certain sales that don't count to this ....

Don't believe everything you are told!!   Talk to NCL about it.   BUT I don't believe that there is any difference; when or under what conditions you book and pay the deposit; in the percentage loss on cancellation

Actually all of those things make a difference, especially the timing of the booking.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Time of booking makes no difference, the schedule is the same. 

You are correct. Final payment due date is the only determining factor with respect to refunds, US/Canadian bookings. Once past final due date, penalties apply.

Pay no attention to the 35%, 40% 75% off second guest marketing gibberish - it's the bottom line price that is relevant.

I think people get confused because RCL's deposits are non-refundable unless you pay a higher premium for the cruise overall (and I mean the deposit only, such as $250-$500 down to book the cruise). They also have Black Friday sales and price their drink packages dynamically, so they discount them on Black Friday and at other times. Taking the Free at Sea package doesn't make a difference in whether a cruise is refundable or not. As mentioned above, it's best to call NCL if you have questions on a specific sailing and timing of deposits and final payment.