Our Carnival Venezia B2B - 21 days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 9/23/23

Jamman54

Man, bringing back some memories.  We did a roadtrip to Nova Scotia years ago the ferry at that time left Bar Harbor but came back through Portland.  We never took the second ferry to St. John and always wished we had.  Your cruise looks like a much easier way to hit all these cities!

• Like 1

We continue along the Harbourwalk…..

IMG_6726-XL.jpg

IMG_6727-XL.jpg

IMG_6728-XL.jpg

IMG_6729-XL.jpg

IMG_6733-XL.jpg

Ah, beer! Lots and lots of beer!!!!

IMG_6730-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of ships you can tour. The first is the HMCS Sackville…..

IMG_6731-XL.jpg

This is the CSS Acadia…..

IMG_6739-XL.jpg

This sculpture is called “The Wave”. Our boys used to play on this when they were little, and on the adjacent playground which has been upgraded over the years…..

IMG_6735-XL.jpg

IMG_6736-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16

This is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, and is well worth a visit. They have a Titanic Exhibit that includes artifacts, and an exhibit detailing the Halifax explosion of 1917…..

IMG_6737-XL.jpg

IMG_6738-XL.jpg

IMG_6740-XL.jpg

IMG_6741-XL.jpg

Now that looks like fun…..

IMG_6742-XL.jpg

These buildings weren’t here four years ago…..

IMG_6743-XL.jpg

IMG_6747-XL.jpg

IMG_6748-XL.jpg

This used to be Murphy’s Restaurant. Insert sad face here…..

IMG_6749-XL.jpg

IMG_6751-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

Man, bringing back some memories.  We did a roadtrip to Nova Scotia years ago the ferry at that time left Bar Harbor but came back through Portland.  We never took the second ferry to St. John and always wished we had.  Your cruise looks like a much easier way to hit all these cities!

We highly recommend the New England and Canada cruises. We have done many. All the major lines go there from New York in the fall. :classic_cool:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

We highly recommend the New England and Canada cruises. We have done many. All the major lines go there from New York in the fall. :classic_cool:

Your reviews and photos certainly makes me want to do one of these sailings! Especially this time of year! But I think our next non-Caribbean (i.e. warm weather) cruise is going to be Alaska! Have you and Patti done Alaska before? I can’t recall seeing a review, but if you’ve been I’d love to read about it! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Your reviews and photos certainly makes me want to do one of these sailings! Especially this time of year! But I think our next non-Caribbean (i.e. warm weather) cruise is going to be Alaska! Have you and Patti done Alaska before? I can’t recall seeing a review, but if you’ve been I’d love to read about it! 

We have not done an Alaskan cruise yet. One of these years. 😁

• Like 7

7 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Another great review and I can’t wait for the rest! I don’t cruise very often, but when I do, I look for you and Patti! 🤷🏻‍♀️😂 Maybe I’ll see you on the Horizon in Feb or the Vista for Thanksgiving ’24.

Thanks for reading! So close. We'll be on the Celebration in January,  and the Vista in April. One of these days! 😁

• Like 3

We conclude our walk on the Harbourwalk. Here is the Ferry Terminal…..

IMG_6755-XL.jpg

IMG_6756-XL.jpg

This is the Dockyard Clock…..

IMG_6752-XL.jpg

IMG_6753-XL.jpg

This used to be Stayner’s Wharf Pub & Grill but Covid killed it. It is now Los Toros Autentico Espanol. Insert another sad face here. I will try it out today as a Husband Daycare…..

IMG_6754-XL.jpg

IMG_6750-XL.jpg

IMG_6757-XL.jpg

Patti leaves me with my beer and goes out exploring. There is a small shopping mall right next door…..

IMG_6758-XL.jpg

IMG_6760-XL.jpg

IMG_6761-XL.jpg

IMG_6762-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 17

Patti stumbles onto a set where they are shooting a Christmas movie, show, or commercial, complete with snow!

IMG_6763-XL.jpg

IMG_6764-XL.jpg

IMG_6767-XL.jpg

IMG_6769-XL.jpg

IMG_6770-XL.jpg

Patti decides to take a hike up to The Citadel…..

IMG_6771-XL.jpg

IMG_6772-XL.jpg

IMG_6773-XL.jpg

IMG_6774-XL.jpg

IMG_6775-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 20

Patti looks down to where she came from…..

IMG_6781-XL.jpg

This is the home of the Halifax Mooseheads…..

IMG_6777-XL.jpg

IMG_6784-XL.jpg

IMG_6776-XL.jpg

This is the Old Town Clock…..

IMG_6788-XL.jpg

IMG_6783-XL.jpg

Patti heads up to the top where you can see some great views of the city……

IMG_6785-XL.jpg

IMG_6787-XL.jpg

IMG_6792-XL.jpg

IMG_6789-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 16

Patti makes her way back down the hill and meets me at Los Toros, where we have one last drink before we leave…..

IMG_6812-XL.jpg

IMG_6810-XL.jpg

IMG_6811-XL.jpg

Here are some Los Toros views. They did a pretty good job as a Husband Daycare, but I don’t think they will survive. The place was dead the whole time I was there….

IMG_6813-XL.jpg

IMG_6814-XL.jpg

IMG_6815-XL.jpg

Here are some random views as we walked back to the ship…..

IMG_6817-XL.jpg

IMG_6819-XL.jpg

IMG_6823-XL.jpg

IMG_6824-XL.jpg

IMG_6829-XL.jpg

IMG_6832-XL.jpg

Once back at Terminal 21, the line to get back on the ship was insanely long. I was back on board at 6pm. Patti, who wanted to browse the terminal shops for a bit, was back on at 6:30pm.

To be continued…..

• Like 19

At 6:45 we made our way to the Teatro Rosso for Deal or No Deal.

IMG_6835-XL.jpg

We have our cards, drinks, and favorite seats…..

IMG_6838-XL.jpg

Al from the Fun Squad is the host tonight and he did a great job…..

IMG_6839-XL.jpg

IMG_6842-XL.jpg

Tonight’s first contestant is Seth…..

IMG_6845-XL.jpg

IMG_6848-XL.jpg

He hung in there for a while, but once the thousand came off the board he wound up taking the offer…..

IMG_6849-XL.jpg

IMG_6852-XL.jpg

IMG_6856-XL.jpg

Here is the audience prize board. We didn’t win anything…..

IMG_6858-XL.jpg

To be continued….

• Like 17

The second contestant was Donald…..

IMG_6859-XL.jpg

IMG_6860-XL.jpg

IMG_6862-XL.jpg

Donald had a strong board all the way to the end where only two cases remained. One was $50, and the other was $1000. The banker offered him $472…..

IMG_6863-XL.jpg

IMG_6866-XL.jpg

IMG_6868-XL.jpg

Donald said no deal, and when asked if he wanted to swap cases he also said no…..

IMG_6869-XL.jpg

When Case # 9 was opened and it contained $50, that made Donald a $1000 winner. It does happen!

IMG_6870-XL.jpg

IMG_6872-XL.jpg

After the show we decided to go up to the Lido Marketplace and grab some dinner. Passing by the mid ship pool, we could see that the Fest Italiana was getting ready to begin. We’ll catch this next cruise…..

IMG_6881-XL.jpg

We both made ourselves a salad, and got a plate from the buffet. Here are Patti’s plates…..

IMG_6883-XL.jpg

IMG_6882-XL.jpg

Here are my plates…..

IMG_6885-XL.jpg

IMG_6884-XL.jpg

Afterwards, we were both tired from our walk today, especially Patti who climbed the hill, that we decided to head back to the cabin to relax.

Coming up next: Our 2nd sea day as we head back to a soggy New York City.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Jamman54 We were on the Oct.14-Oct. 23 sailing on the beautiful Carnival Venezia, so I’ve been catching up on your trip since we returned. We love your Live reviews and Patti sure takes great photos. Our experience on Venezia was a little different than yours. For us, the Fun Italian Style vibe fell short. That’s just our opinion.Don’t get me wrong, we found the ship to be beautiful, the crew fantastic, as the crew always has been on all of our past Carnival cruises. The menus were a disappointment for us. Some of the venues that had a charge attached were pretty good, but our dinners in the MDR were not that great. I think we’ve done too many Spirit class ships, and we were comparing things. 

Anyway, thanks for all of the Live reviews that you do. They are always informative and full of great photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

IMG_6869-XL.jpg

When Case # 9 was opened and it contained $50, that made Donald a $1000 winner. It does happen!

IMG_6870-XL.jpg

IMG_6872-XL.jpg

We had a $1000 winner on our recent cruise too! It was so exciting! But she had $1000 and $350 left on the board. So, she was guaranteed at least $350. It made total sense for her to keep going and not take the offer. But Donald had a lot more to lose! Brave guy to keep on going! I’m not sure I could have done that! lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, fair-winds39 said:

Jamman54 We were on the Oct.14-Oct. 23 sailing on the beautiful Carnival Venezia, so I’ve been catching up on your trip since we returned. We love your Live reviews and Patti sure takes great photos. Our experience on Venezia was a little different than yours. For us, the Fun Italian Style vibe fell short. That’s just our opinion.Don’t get me wrong, we found the ship to be beautiful, the crew fantastic, as the crew always has been on all of our past Carnival cruises. The menus were a disappointment for us. Some of the venues that had a charge attached were pretty good, but our dinners in the MDR were not that great. I think we’ve done too many Spirit class ships, and we were comparing things. 

Anyway, thanks for all of the Live reviews that you do. They are always informative and full of great photos.

Thanks for reading and for sharing your opinions with us. We agree that the MDR experience left a lot to be desired, and we'll touch on that in the next segment. As a result, we only ate in the dining room once during our twenty one days on the ship. Not a big deal to us as we don't need to eat big, long meals every night. We're fine with the pay venues and the Lido Marketplace. Since the start up after Covid, we feel that the MDR experience hasn't been very good fleetwide, certainly not on the twelve ships we've been on since then, so we hardly eat there anymore. That's our choice, and we're okay with it. :classic_cool:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2