Using X app to reserve specialty restaurants

floralscent

Hi everyone! Has anyone used the app to reserve specialty dining once onboard? If yes, is it a smooth process or just easier to go to a podium to book in person? 

We have a dining pkg and usually go to a podium but noticed the app has a place to reserve once onboard. 

Thank you!

I didn't bother to use the app.

For my Tuscan Grill reservation for my upcoming cruise, I logged into the Celebrity website and make my reservation through the Plan My Cruise page for the cruise.

If I were in your situation, I would first use my above method (which is to go through Plan My Cruise page on the Celebrity website) and then make the reservations that I want. If that didn't work, I would actually take  the trouble to call Celebrity to make my reservations.

For Specialty Dining reservations, I rather not use the app.

• Like 1

With the dining package you can't book reservations until you are on the ship.

We make that our first stop when boarding if we have a package. I haven't tried booking on the app when on the ship.  I think it could be more time consuming if your first choices are not available on the day/time you want and you have to move from restaurant screen to restaurant to see where there is availability.

By far use the app when it’s possible. I’ve used it prior to and during a cruise. There is no benefit to calling or standing at their podium which always seems to take 15 minutes for an unknown reason. The only way I would do it in person is if you couldn’t make any reservations on the app due to having a dining package.