Ordering Bottled Water on Cruise Planner vs. Royal Gifts

On 10/20/2023 at 12:04 PM, ShillyShally said:

I did the gifts option and did not get Evian - I got 12 small off-brand bottles.  Unfortunately the receipt did not specify Evian which I was expecting.  I have a feeling you get what the ship has on hand.  This was on the Mariner last week.

Good to know... they shouldn't be showing the 1L bottles of Evian in the gifts section if that's not what they're delivering.

33 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

Good to know... they shouldn't be showing the 1L bottles of Evian in the gifts section if that's not what they're delivering.

Agreed.  I didn't push it since we had ready access to bottled water with our deluxe package I just didn't love the brand but was fine and drank a ton of it!

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I purchased it with the expectation that I will receive 12 1L bottle of Evian.  If I see 12 bottles of 500ml off brand water in the cabin I'll be off to GS for a refund.  That isn't what I ordered or what they marketed. There is no fine print that indicates they can substitute a lesser quantity which the typical off brand bottles would be.

ScreenShot2023-10-27at11_19_09AM.thumb.png.41668c998d9eedc400f0c869db494354.png

I'm going to screen shot it too and will do the same.  I'm hopefully optimistic Mariner was just running through current quantity but $19.99 for small bottles was a money maker for them!

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I purchased it with the expectation that I will receive 12 1L bottle of Evian.  If I see 12 bottles of 500ml off brand water in the cabin I'll be off to GS for a refund.  That isn't what I ordered or what they marketed. There is no fine print that indicates they can substitute a lesser quantity which the typical off brand bottles would be.

ScreenShot2023-10-27at11_19_09AM.thumb.png.41668c998d9eedc400f0c869db494354.png

On 10/25/2023 at 1:54 AM, LilBlackDress said:

If you click Details it says 'Water brands may vary onboard.'

evian.jpg

5 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I'm going to screen shot it too and will do the same.  I'm hopefully optimistic Mariner was just running through current quantity but $19.99 for small bottles was a money maker for them!

There are 2 different water packages being discussed here.

The one in the Cruise Planner is 1lt evian
The one in Royal Gifts says "Water brands may vary onboard" when you click on details. 
both pics are shown in the quote 

Edited by LilBlackDress
  • Thanks 1

I’ve ordered the water through the cruise planner (not the gift section) 2-3 times now and have yet to get Evian, or 1L bottles. I did get the correct total ounces of bottled water, and then some.  

I don’t really care, but if it happens again I will say something at guest services.  It is incorrect advertising when that happens and the more voices that spotlight the problem, the more likely they will fix it for those that expect the 1L Evian bottles (as they should expect)

25 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I’ve ordered the water through the cruise planner (not the gift section) 2-3 times now and have yet to get Evian, or 1L bottles. I did get the correct total ounces of bottled water, and then some.  

I don’t really care, but if it happens again I will say something at guest services.  It is incorrect advertising when that happens and the more voices that spotlight the problem, the more likely they will fix it for those that expect the 1L Evian bottles (as they should expect)

I'm hoping for Evian... It has a higher PH content than typical bottled water.  That means more hydration per oz drank.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm hoping for Evian... It has a higher PH content than typical bottled water.  That means more hydration per oz drank.  

On Serenade in September I got 1litre Evian bottles with the water package 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

On Serenade in September I got 1litre Evian bottles with the water package 

Good to know. I’m fine with the off label I got on the Mariner since I had ordered it through gifts where it says brand may vary. But for our next cruise it specifically says Evian Water Package in the planner!

• Like 1