ASKING FOR OPINIONS

Lovincruisin1321

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

I'm not new but have not sailed since pre COVID.   Ships have changed and I read service as well.

I have to reschedule our dream sailing for the third time.....hip surgery.

The deal breaker is Le Havre France so my hubby can tour Normandy.  He has been a saint and I owe this to him.

After much research, I found different cruise lines but times have changed and I want this to be special.....for an anniversary too.

THOUHTS ON THESE SHIPS/CRUISELINES:

- Norwegian Sun 

- MSC

- Royal Caribbean

Thanks all

I would want to know the actual schedule (times and day of week in port) and specific ship.  Overall, if not on a strict budget, our preference (with those 3 lines) would be MSC...but only in their Yacht Club (only their newer vessels have that option). 

Hank

Never count out going on the cruise you really want and traveling independently to Normandy before of after the cruise. If independent travel is not for you perhaps a highly specialized bus tour (large or small group depending on budget)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

After much research, I found different cruise lines but times have changed and I want this to be special.....for an anniversary too.

THOUHTS ON THESE SHIPS/CRUISELINES:

- Norwegian Sun 

- MSC

- Royal Caribbean

We have travelled on an older NCL ship and an older RCCL ship. The Norwegian Star was just awful: shabby cabins, tawdry decor and sullen crew. The Rhapsody of the Seas was tidy, tasteful, and cheerful. A little more attrium activity than we are used to on HAL! but we were quite satisfied with the ship and experience.

Just read an article on "worst cruiseships"; MSC tied Costa for the bottom of the bunch, with each line having FOUR worst ships!

So my choice of those lines would be Royal Caribbean.

• Like 1

I’m not an expert by far. We have never done MSC so I can’t speak to that. RCCL and NCL are pretty comparable. Though I will say the European cruise we did last year on NCL left something to be desired. The service just wasn’t as warm and friendly as on other NCL cruises we’ve done. But the food was better than RCCL. A lot of other cruisers were expressing frustration with a lack of organization on our last few NCL trips. We didn’t have any issues. 
of the big cruise lines, we actually liked Princess the best. But I don’t think they do Europe as much. We did Costa once- never again!!  I think pick the one that has the best combination of price, packages and itinerary. Be sure to include gratuities, WiFi, and anything else that may or may not be included. NCL offers “free at sea” which includes the drink package, some specialty dining, $50/ room/ port excursion credit, WiFi, and sometimes air. For us, we rarely drink, find the excursion credit useless since we can get better deals with Viator, and can’t get 1st class air which we need. So I’d rather pay less for a cruise that doesn’t include the things we don’t use anyway. 

• Like 1