Baggage Trouble at Port Canaveral - RCCL no help!

FL-momma

25 minutes ago, fla gang said:

They need someone at all of the baggage exits that will check your luggage tag to verify you grabbed the correct bag!

OK.....you pay for that person to do it.  😄  I know the cruise lines, and port authority won't shell out the money for it.  They are short handed as it is.  

They don't even do that at airports now.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK.....you pay for that person to do it.  😄  I know the cruise lines, and port authority won't shell out the money for it.  They are short handed as it is.  

I'm not paying for crap! That's why I always roll my bags myself on a cruise!

3 hours ago, fla gang said:

They need someone at all of the baggage exits that will check your luggage tag to verify you grabbed the correct bag!

2 hours ago, fla gang said:

I'm not paying for crap! That's why I always roll my bags myself on a cruise!

If the port hires personnel to check luggage tags as you suggest, the port will increase port fees on all passengers to pay those personnel.  So even if you roll your own bags off, you would pay if your suggestion is implemented.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

If the port hires personnel to check luggage tags as you suggest, the port will increase port fees on all passengers to pay those personnel.  So even if you roll your own bags off, you would pay if your suggestion is implemented.  

Add to that everyone would complain about the delays leaving the terminal caused by this. It won’t matter if you kept your luggage overnight or not.  Every bag would have to be checked against matching ID for the end goal of luggage going to the right place/home. 

I can only imagine the folks complaining about missing flights, delays etc..

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

And the line to leave the hall will stretch forever.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Add to that everyone would complain about the delays leaving the terminal caused by this. It won’t matter if you kept your luggage overnight or not.  Every bag would have to be checked against matching ID for the end goal of luggage going to the right place/home. 

Yes.  I assume the personnel would be very careful, both to care for people’s property and because they will be blamed if a bag does go home with the wrong person or is missing.  Such diligence would make for a slow process.  

No wonder the poster who suggested such a system does not want to pay for it or participate in it.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

21 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

21 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

And the line to leave the hall will stretch forever.

All that nonsense to “solve” a problem that really does not exist. 

How many bags offloaded from cruise ships monthly? How many go home with the wrong person? The % is infinitesimal. 

• Like 2