Choosing debarkation time in Hub App

groundloop

I'm curious if choosing your debarkation time in the Hub App is fleetwide now (it hadn't been implemented yet on our Greenland cruise in August).  I saw it for the first time on Elation last week and seems like a very positive change, definitely better than folks lining up for upwards of an hour to get coveted low numbered luggage tags.  

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, groundloop said:

I'm curious if choosing your debarkation time in the Hub App is fleetwide now (it hadn't been implemented yet on our Greenland cruise in August).  I saw it for the first time on Elation last week and seems like a very positive change, definitely better than folks lining up for upwards of an hour to get coveted low numbered luggage tags.  

I hadn't heard that this was even being tested! We didn't have the option on the Sunshine when we got of the ship 10 days ago. 

Can you elaborate how it works? You choose your debarkation number on the app? Then are baggage tags with that number delivered to your cabin? 

When we were on the Sunshine, they just had a stand in the lobby with the bag tags on them and people could just go up and grab what they wanted. There was no standing in line. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

I hadn't heard that this was even being tested! We didn't have the option on the Sunshine when we got of the ship 10 days ago. 

Can you elaborate how it works? You choose your debarkation number on the app? Then are baggage tags with that number delivered to your cabin? 

When we were on the Sunshine, they just had a stand in the lobby with the bag tags on them and people could just go up and grab what they wanted. There was no standing in line. 

I've been on cruises where there's a line in the lobby where people get there early waiting for the luggage tags to be put out, sometimes people got there an hour early.  

With the new system you go to the Hub App and choose whether you want to check your luggage or carry it off, then choose a time slot.  If you choose to check your luggage the appropriate tags are delivered to your cabin.  Overall it looked very good.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I've been on cruises where there's a line in the lobby where people get there early waiting for the luggage tags to be put out, sometimes people got there an hour early.  

With the new system you go to the Hub App and choose whether you want to check your luggage or carry it off, then choose a time slot.  If you choose to check your luggage the appropriate tags are delivered to your cabin.  Overall it looked very good.

Sounds like a great system! Any new process that can eliminate people wasting precious vacay time waiting in a line, is A+ in my book! 

Now maybe they can find a way to make check in/check out at Camp Ocean more efficient! When it was busy there on our last cruise, those lines were long and slow! 

I was on Elation last month and hadn’t started this yet but currently on the Elation again and we have the Debarkation option on the hub ap for this cruise. I am loving this option. Info is on the ap but they delivered this notice last night along with our #1 luggage tags. 

IMG_5359.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BossyKat said:

They are testing this on 2 ships.  We tried it out on the Elation on the 21st and everything about it was great.

I hope this goes fleetwide.

Your cruise ended on the 21st? We got onboard the 21st and am very curious to see how smooth it goes tomorrow in the morning. We’re in first group scheduled to debark between 8:05 and 8:25 with our checked luggage. 

Was it smooth for you and did you check luggage or carry off?

This sounds like a great system, but it entails everyone following the rules.  When I was on Elation in June, the CD came on the speaker severallll times telling people not to crowd in the hallways or elevator vestibules. This was after he made several mentions the day before about how they call luggage tag numbers/deck #'s, etc, and that is when you can head to deck 7 to debark.  We had FTTF, so we could leave anytime.  We were heading out of the cabin just before 8:30 and we going to go to Lido for bfast and wait to head out since we only had a short drive home.  He ended up calling our deck # to head down to deck 7, but of course, everyone was crowding the hallways and such.  Could not get an elevator, so we took the stairs.  People were blocking those too, and it was very difficult, and we had some carry-off luggage (most was checked, but we had some rolling bags with leftover drinks and stuff).  We got to deck 7 and the line to disembark was wrapped around the lobby twice.  I managed to get the attention of a crew member to let them know we had FTTF, and we were able to go through the queue rope where they were sending anyone in a wheelchair/walker/needing assistance.

I sure hope it goes fleetwide and everyone follows the rules!!  It does sound like a great system to an otherwise always chaotic experience.

We also disembarked from Elation on the 21st in JAX and used the Hub App to grab for our debark time. It was very slick -- and disembarkation like embarkation (we had a late slot for that as well) was really painless vs other ports and cruise lines.  

There was that weird glitch when it first became available where all the debark time slots offered seemed to be in PM, vs. AM and they had to cancel everyone and start over.   Otherwise it was great.

Overall, I thought the Hub App and the Wifi in general was wonderful.  First time on Carnival and it was one of the more impressive aspects of the trip.