Ordering drinks at bar

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Do I need both my spouse’s medallion and my medallion when ordering at bar? Will the bartender count one drink each towards our daily limit?

8 minutes ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

Do I need both my spouse’s medallion and my medallion when ordering at bar? Will the bartender count one drink each towards our daily limit?

It would be best if either of you think you are going to be hitting the limit, or if both of you get to 8 or more.  Quite a few posters report using their own Medallion to getting two drinks.  So that part can work, but bartender isn't going to be able to charge another account when not Medallion there to scan.

Why not use your Medallion for the first round and then the spouse's for the next round?

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Yes easy enough. We won’t come close to 15 drinks each but might between the two of us.

How does ordering from the app work when ordering two drinks do we need separate logins?

Just now, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

Yes easy enough. We won’t come close to 15 drinks each but might between the two of us.

How does ordering from the app work when ordering two drinks do we need separate logins?

You can order multiple drinks through the app. If you think you might hit the daily limit then you can switch back and forth whose login you use.

• Like 2

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Excuse my ignorance. I have the app on my phone does she need the app on her phone with a separate sign in? I usually just sign in with booking number.

2 hours ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

Excuse my ignorance. I have the app on my phone does she need the app on her phone with a separate sign in? I usually just sign in with booking number.

As long as you have the medallion, you can leave your phone in your cabin.  The bartender will scan the medallion and charge it accordingly.  No phone app involved.

You don't need both medallions.  

Last couple of cruises we've been on the bartenders ask for our cabin number.  They see both of us have the drink package, and allocate one per.    It was quite surprising that they completely ignored the medallion tablet and preferred cabin number!   

• Like 2

We used one phone for all orders and no you don't need each others medallions to order, they see both of you on their end.

• Like 1

No seperate log ins required.  One phone is all you need.

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

It is important to ask that they charge each account. It is much easier for the to put both on one account and all of a sudden one person has 12 drinks and the other has 4

They never differentiated on our medallions on the Discovery last month.  I think it's per cabin and they obviously keep track of the maximum.  Sometimes my spouse ordered at the bar, sometimes I did and most time they just asked for cabin number and didn't even scan our medallion.  Ty for your input, I will double check next month.  

1 minute ago, Madamexxx007Madame007 said:

I am travelling with a friend, we each want our separate account, do I need to insist medallion be used instead to cabin number. 

I would if I were you.  That way you each have seperate drink tallies.  As a married couple it didn't affect us.

• Like 1

Some bartenders don't really listen when you ask them to put drinks on your spouses account & bill them to one account. Consequently, by the end of the day as that one account goes over the 15 max, you'll start getting billed. 

It doesn't seem to make any difference if you have both medallions with you or not. 

One night my husband hit his 15 drink max.  Probably because someone along the way put my drinks on his.  The waiter explained this to us and asked if he could put both of our drinks on my bill.  Hopefully all waiters have been taught to do this instead of charging for a drink if one of you hit your max.

• Like 1

One two seperate cruises in the last year, I have "exceeded" my daily limit of 15.  I didn't, but the charges showed that I did.  The bartenders had been charging my account for both of us.  You could see where my wife only had 1-2 drinks per day.  It was explained to us that with the staffing shortages and the Princess bar POS that it is much faster for them to charge two drinks to one account than to break them apart, so that might add to the "errors".  Both times we got the extra charges removed, but it was not easy.  Only the "bar manager" on the ship is allowed to reverse the charges.

17 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

They never differentiated on our medallions on the Discovery last month.  I think it's per cabin and they obviously keep track of the maximum.  Sometimes my spouse ordered at the bar, sometimes I did and most time they just asked for cabin number and didn't even scan our medallion.  Ty for your input, I will double check next month.  

It is not per cabin I know because I was told I had hit 15 when my wife only showed 5. I know it is easier for them but it creates issues late at night when we are not together 

1 hour ago, Guardsy said:

One two seperate cruises in the last year, I have "exceeded" my daily limit of 15.  I didn't, but the charges showed that I did.  The bartenders had been charging my account for both of us.  You could see where my wife only had 1-2 drinks per day.  It was explained to us that with the staffing shortages and the Princess bar POS that it is much faster for them to charge two drinks to one account than to break them apart, so that might add to the "errors".  Both times we got the extra charges removed, but it was not easy.  Only the "bar manager" on the ship is allowed to reverse the charges.

And still they let the bartenders charge accounts in that way. I guess it provides jobs for the Customer Serv desk and bar manager. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Some bartenders don't really listen when you ask them to put drinks on your spouses account & bill them to one account. Consequently, by the end of the day as that one account goes over the 15 max, you'll start getting billed. 

It doesn't seem to make any difference if you have both medallions with you or not. 

Has this been your experienced when you've had the Plus Package?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I think memoak is correct.  We did not encounter any problems on our account when they asked for cabin number or scanned medallion but we are always together and didn't reach any limits during our cruise.

4 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

That's the way it was on the Enchanted last March. Maybe things have changed today. 

Next cruise we don't have a package so it'll be easy to keep track of.