What is going on with Celebrity billing?

LB_NJ

I paid in full before the 90 day mark,

Then, for no reason, Celebrity issues a small credit to my credit card.

I log in and Celebrity says I now owe the amount they refunded to the credit card.

I have been trying for the last 2 days to get my account fixed. We leave in a week. At the moment, my owed balance is  $99. Friday it was $1324. It does not help that my flights needed to be rebooked on Friday due to American dropping one of my flights. OK I will be on the phone again today. Friday's phone time...3 and a half hours. I will need a vacation just to fix these problems! FYI at the end of Friday's debacle, my requested invoice showed $0 balance again.

Could it be adjustments on the port fees? I think they might change from time to time. Also, if itineraries change, so will the port fees. 

For instance, I've had minor credits added to my account when a port was missed due to inclement weather.

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 2

We had a 'similar' unusual issue that I still do not fathom. We made a final payment in early Oct. on Jan. cruise booked through big C store. We were leaving the country and wanted to make sure this had been completed. Everything seemed OK and final payment reflected all the pricing I had been given to date. A week later (while overseas) receive an e-mail asking us to complete final payment or risk losing cruise. Difference was about 14 bucks so I paid it to avoid issues.

This piqued my curiosity so I called T/A on return last week. After a run around they said difference was due to additional taxes?  I have never had amount of cruise changed after final payment so was perplexed. I am sure taxes do change but whether an airline or cruise trip have never experienced an additional charge after payment was made.  Based on small amount of charge it wasn't worth more phone time but am curious if anyone has a clue as to what is going on?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

We had a 'similar' unusual issue that I still do not fathom. We made a final payment in early Oct. on Jan. cruise booked through big C store. We were leaving the country and wanted to make sure this had been completed. Everything seemed OK and final payment reflected all the pricing I had been given to date. A week later (while overseas) receive an e-mail asking us to complete final payment or risk losing cruise. Difference was about 14 bucks so I paid it to avoid issues.

This piqued my curiosity so I called T/A on return last week. After a run around they said difference was due to additional taxes?  I have never had amount of cruise changed after final payment so was perplexed. I am sure taxes do change but whether an airline or cruise trip have never experienced an additional charge after payment was made.  Based on small amount of charge it wasn't worth more phone time but am curious if anyone has a clue as to what is going on?

Additional taxes could be from port itinerary changes. We have received credits when ports were skipped due to weather. My understanding is that port charges include both port fees and taxes which are charged to the cruise line per person. Cruise lines pass this on to cruisers The cruise line is required to refund those if a port is skipped. Perhaps a particular port raised it's fee after final payment and the cruise line passed it on?

31 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Additional taxes could be from port itinerary changes. We have received credits when ports were skipped due to weather. My understanding is that port charges include both port fees and taxes which are charged to the cruise line per person. Cruise lines pass this on to cruisers The cruise line is required to refund those if a port is skipped. Perhaps a particular port raised it's fee after final payment and the cruise line passed it on?

Could be.  Back when we sailed Princess a lot we'd either get some OBC if the fees went down, or a small amount added to our onboard bill if they went up.  I don't think our bottom line ever changed after final payment.

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Know they refund taxes if ports changed but never thought they would charge additional taxes after final payment. I think they can by contract and I am sure these fees/taxes change but I have never run across this. In fact I have never had a cruise amount changed at any time after initial booking or I never noticed. It was poorly handled….a simple note on additional taxes needed or charge during cruise would have been better than threatening to cancel booking since final payment was not complete. Anyway said and done.