Brazil visa

PRH

I just applied for our Visas also. It took about 2 hours for 2, costing $161.80 for the 2. Most of the time was spent creating documents: copies of passports, photos, flight info, paychecks (pension direct deposits.) Each document  can't be greater than 1 mg.

Visas ARE required, as of January 10, 2024. I used this site

https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/

6 minutes ago, pistachio said:

I just applied for our Visas also. It took about 2 hours for 2, costing $161.80 for the 2. Most of the time was spent creating documents: copies of passports, photos, flight info, paychecks (pension direct deposits.) Each document  can't be greater than 1 mg.

I actually applied yesterday. I already received a response, looking for more info. So they're responding quickly. It had asked for bank statements or paychecks, so I gave them direct deposit vouchers for our pension checks. That wasn't good enough. They want 2 months bank statements, with at least $2000 balance (didn't say that on the application.) So I sent that on.

• Thanks 1

I got applications for my wife and myself submitted.  My credit card payment showed as failed on the website after submission but I got an email from VFSGLOBAL stating the payment processed successfully and my applications are under review.  The email’s link to check the status of the applications is a broken link but you can go back to the original web site and there is a link to check the status - mine show there as submitted.

This is a bit of a messy process currently.  Good luck to everyone!

Edited by slewis7
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, pistachio said:

I actually applied yesterday. I already received a response, looking for more info. So they're responding quickly. It had asked for bank statements or paychecks, so I gave them direct deposit vouchers for our pension checks. That wasn't good enough. They want 2 months bank statements, with at least $2000 balance (didn't say that on the application.) So I sent that on.

Bank statements? Why do they want bank statements? Are you moving there????

This is horrible!  I’ve spent almost an hour just trying to get myself registered.  And then to discover that logging out gives you no way to re-enter?  When I click on the link they sent, it says “access denied.”  Same is true for “help.”  Why a bank statement and why no way to enter and exit via a cruise?  No way I can complete it.

Edited by PRH

13 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Sounds like they are going to have to get this ironed out for cruisers. Pretty ridiculous! 🤦‍♀️

I’m following this because we’re doing the TA in Oct. from BCN to BA, with those stops in Brazil.🫠

I’m following because we leave in late February for our South America & Chilean cruise and then stay on for the trans Atlantic which includes Brazil. So, we have to have everything settled before the first part. Plus, we are leaving for a cruise January 1 - 20, so we were hoping to get this settled now. Looks like quire a mess! We were hoping to pay and have GenVisa do it for us…

3 hours ago, pistachio said:

Did you send a copy of a passport photo you had taken somewhere or did you take your own photos? I love that you added the size that a document has to be under. We are coming and leaving by a Viking ship, so this will be interesting… I guess we could send them our itinerary for that… BTW Thanks so much for sharing!

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

Sounds like they are going to have to get this ironed out for cruisers. Pretty ridiculous! 🤦‍♀️

I’m following this because we’re doing the TA in Oct. from BCN to BA, with those stops in Brazil.🫠

Maybe by October they will decide that we have all suffered enough and drop the visa requirement. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, millybess said:

We’re interested in applicants here who have successfully navigated the itinerary requirements. 

So am I! I wish I could remember, but someone said that they sent in a copy of their itinerary from their travel documents. I have no idea if they were successful. 

Just now, Iloveketo said:

So am I! I wish I could remember, but someone said that they sent in a copy of their itinerary from their travel documents. I have no idea if they were successful. 

We have done that. But you can’t combine arriving by sea and departing by air. We are in conversation with them to change that little bug. We will see what tomorrow brings. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Iloveketo said:

Did you send a copy of a passport photo you had taken somewhere or did you take your own photos? I love that you added the size that a document has to be under. We are coming and leaving by a Viking ship, so this will be interesting… I guess we could send them our itinerary for that… BTW Thanks so much for sharing!

No problem sharing! I know I've been anxious about this Visa! We had just renewed our passports, so had extra copies of our photos, so used them. We will be cruising also, but after a land tour of Brazil. Our cruise doesn''t visit Brazil.

I'll report back when I hear back.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Iloveketo said:

I would think the cruise itinerary would be sufficient, assuming the dates are on there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRH said:

This is horrible!  I’ve spent almost an hour just trying to get myself registered.  And then to discover that logging out gives you no way to re-enter?  When I click on the link they sent, it says “access denied.”  Same is true for “help.”  Why a bank statement and why no way to enter and exit via a cruise?  No way I can complete it.

Just go back to the original page. I would think you could send the cruise itinerary.

17 minutes ago, pistachio said:

I would think the cruise itinerary would be sufficient, assuming the dates are on there.

Here is what the form says.  I will be very interested to find out if cruise itinerary is sufficient.  

IMG_4011.png