Brazil visa

PRH

20 hours ago, Cruise New York said:

I received a reply from the Brazil eVisa team (below). It looks like people on cruises don’t need the visa:

Thank you for contacting the Brazil E-visa Helpdesk

Based on the information provided, if you'll be traveling on a cruise or crossing the border by land, an Electronic Visa (eVisa) is not applicable.”

this is very encouraging to me since we will be visiting by land Iguassa Falls....I wish Brazil e-visa would put this on the Web site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deec said:

this is very encouraging to me since we will be visiting by land Iguassa Falls....I wish Brazil e-visa would put this on the Web site.

Same for me.  My Visa application is submitted and I believe is being evaluated, so it is too late for me to get my money back.

On 12/5/2023 at 5:37 PM, Cruise New York said:

I received a reply from the Brazil eVisa team (below). It looks like people on cruises don’t need the visa:

Thank you for contacting the Brazil E-visa Helpdesk

Based on the information provided, if you'll be traveling on a cruise or crossing the border by land, an Electronic Visa (eVisa) is not applicable.”

OR does this mean that a different type of tourist VISA will be required? Perhaps having to send your passport and everything else in or visit a Brazilian counselor. I think we will still need a VISA, we just won’t be able to do it online…

Edited by Iloveketo

16 hours ago, Iloveketo said:

OR does this mean that a different type of tourist VISA will be required? Perhaps having to send your passport and everything else in or visit a Brazilian counselor. I think we will still need a VISA, we just won’t be able to do it online…

I was told eVisa doesn't apply to land/sea, we'll need a consular visa. Cruise leaves Jan 4 so I'm a little short on time now 😐

Apparently HAL sent the following to passengers last night:

VISA NOTIFICATION
As communicated previously, US, Canadian and Australian guests require a Brazil visa for this voyage. This visa is required to be obtained in advance of the cruise and is required whether guests go ashore or remain on board in Brazil. The eVisa application is now available at https://brazil.vfsevisa.com. The cost is approximately 80.90 USD per applicant. During the application process guests will be requested to upload a copy of their passport page, a 2x2 photograph, financial information (such as a banking or credit card statement) and round-trip flight itinerary. Guests arriving to Brazil via ship should upload their cruise booking confirmation where flight details are requested. Current processing times are approximately 5 days but we encourage guests to apply now. Guests must bring a printed copy or screen shot of the visa to the cruise check-in as WiFi may not be available at the cruise terminal. Guests who require a visa and do not present it at cruise check-in may be denied boarding."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2798924-zuiderdam-jan-3-2024-grand-world-voyage/page/131/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here was the Brazil Visa site on Dec 5th 

https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/

Important Notice: The Electronic Visa (eVisa) of the Brazil is a new entry requirement for Americans, Australians & Canadians traveling to Brazil by air. The online form to apply for this type of Visa is available here. Starting January 10th, eVisas are mandatory for USA, Australia, and Canada passport holders visiting Brazil. If you're arriving on January 9th, we strongly advise applying for your eVisa to avoid travel disruptions due to delays or missed connections. Secure your eVisa for a hassle-free journey!

Here is what is says today Dec 8th

Important Notice: The Electronic Visa (eVisa) of the Federative Republic of Brazil is a new entry requirement for Americans, Australians & Canadians entering Brazil by air, sea, or land. The online form to apply for this type of Visa is available here. Starting January 10th, eVisas are mandatory for USA, Australia, and Canada passport holders visiting Brazil. If you're arriving on January 9th, we strongly advise applying for your eVisa to avoid travel disruptions due to delays or missed connections. Secure your eVisa for a hassle-free journey!

The-Inside-Cabin posted the above here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2798924-zuiderdam-jan-3-2024-grand-world-voyage/page/133/#comment-66555083

As of this morning, they both have Brazilian e-visas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I received confirmation from MSC Cruises today that we DO NOT need a visa for Brazil, since it is beginning and ending in Argentina with only stops in Brazil. This also aligns with what I've seen on VisaHQ (the visa service that MSC refers customers to). If you click on your nationality and select "Cruise" as the visa type, it says the visa is not required. My situation may be unique, though, since we are setting sail on January 6th and will be in Brazil January 9-11 (entering before the first date of the requirement of January 10th).

20 minutes ago, Cruise New York said:

I received confirmation from MSC Cruises today that we DO NOT need a visa for Brazil, since it is beginning and ending in Argentina with only stops in Brazil. This also aligns with what I've seen on VisaHQ (the visa service that MSC refers customers to). If you click on your nationality and select "Cruise" as the visa type, it says the visa is not required. My situation may be unique, though, since we are setting sail on January 6th and will be in Brazil January 9-11 (entering before the first date of the requirement of January 10th).

Excellent!  That's great that MSC changed the visa requirement for your cruise 👍  Enjoy!!

Ok, dumb question.  I cannot get a single document or picture to be 1MB or less!  How are you doing it?  The photo is killing me as I cannot get it to 2x2!  I have an iPad and android phone for cameras.  Thanks!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PRH said:

Ok, dumb question.  I cannot get a single document or picture to be 1MB or less!  How are you doing it?  The photo is killing me as I cannot get it to 2x2!  I have an iPad and android phone for cameras.  Thanks!

I'm sorry I can't help you.  We used our Macs.  

10 minutes ago, PRH said:

Did you do the editing on your Mac?  Or did your photos simply come out less than 1MB?

Some required editing.   When you open the photo on the mac with preview, use the tools menu then adjust size.   It will tell you how big the result will be.

If this doesn't work, I would suggest you go to the thread I mentioned above and go back a couple of pages.  Everyone over there is having a lot of trouble navigating through the website and they leave on January 3.  The-Inside-Cabin has been extremely helpful.  But we're happy to help out where we can.  

I was finally able to submit today thanks to posting on trip advisor!   “ Uploading signature and photo for Brazilian tourist visa” do a search.  It helped me untangle some of the technical things so my documents would finally scan in.  He said 300 dpi was not enough.  I used my scanner at 600dpi and ‘photo/image’, saved scanned documents to pictures, edited for cropping, pixels and below 1MB, saved and then uploaded.  Hope this helps someone else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PRH said:

I was finally able to submit today thanks to posting on trip advisor!   “ Uploading signature and photo for Brazilian tourist visa” do a search.  It helped me untangle some of the technical things so my documents would finally scan in.  He said 300 dpi was not enough.  I used my scanner at 600dpi and ‘photo/image’, saved scanned documents to pictures, edited for cropping, pixels and below 1MB, saved and then uploaded.  Hope this helps someone else.

I hope it helps someone else too!  So many people are struggling with this.

What a mess! So much misinformation, causing excessive stress!

I had uploaded my last 2 bank statements, the last ending 11/04/23. 

So on 12/5, I get the message 'please provide bankstatement of latest month upadted till 30 nov.2023 atleast with minimum balance of 2000$.' So I waited 2 days until my 12/04 statement was available. They're obviously not too concerned about us responding within 12 hours, which is ridiculous.

Later that day, I got the Quality Control completed. hallelujah! 

But the next morning, my husband's was rejected again. For the bank statements, which I had uploaded the same as mine, and his passport image. They said 'Re-upload colored scan copy of your passport BIO page. Photo of passport copy are not accepted. Re-upload recent one month bank statement. minimum closing balance should be equivalent to USD 2000.'

I had done his passport same as mine - a photo! So today I scanned and, fought with reducing the size of the document, and resubmitted. Praying that it works!

4 minutes ago, pistachio said:

What a mess! So much misinformation, causing excessive stress!

I had uploaded my last 2 bank statements, the last ending 11/04/23. 

So on 12/5, I get the message 'please provide bankstatement of latest month upadted till 30 nov.2023 atleast with minimum balance of 2000$.' So I waited 2 days until my 12/04 statement was available. They're obviously not too concerned about us responding within 12 hours, which is ridiculous.

Later that day, I got the Quality Control completed. hallelujah! 

But the next morning, my husband's was rejected again. For the bank statements, which I had uploaded the same as mine, and his passport image. They said 'Re-upload colored scan copy of your passport BIO page. Photo of passport copy are not accepted. Re-upload recent one month bank statement. minimum closing balance should be equivalent to USD 2000.'

I had done his passport same as mine - a photo! So today I scanned and, fought with reducing the size of the document, and resubmitted. Praying that it works!

You're right.  It is a mess.  I was hoping that the bugs would be worked out by now.  DH did a chat with them a couple of days ago, which seemed to help a little.

received this last night.  Resubmitted last night so guess we’ll see.  According to a person on trip advisor, passports must be two pages (lay passport flat on your scanner, scan ant 600 dpi, and save to images to crop, size, etc) and scanned in sideways with pixels of 500 and 352.

To complete the processing of your Brazil visa application, the Embassy of Brazil requires the following documents and/or additional information.

Checklist Items

Please re-upload Passport Bio Page

Comments

Passport- Re-upload colored scan copy of your passport BIO page. Photo of passport copy are not accepted.
Please upload these documents on your application by accessing your account. 
Kindly note that your application cannot proceed until we receive all these documents.
You must provide the above documents within 12 hours. In case of delay, your visa application will be processed as "Incomplete", which could result in the rejection of your visa application.

2 hours ago, slewis7 said:

My application is shown as “Active” and the status shows as “Pending document uploaded”.  Does anyone know what this means?  I am not sure if anything is currently required on my end.

It sounds like they haven't reviewed your latest changes yet. They'll either reply with additional info needed, or 'Quality control completed', which I infer to mean things are good, going to the next step.

• Like 1

Viking called to let me know (in response to my inquiry) that Brazil eVisas are not required for those not flying into or out of Brazil—at this time, to their knowledge.  Visas will not be required for us to board our transatlantic in Argentina and 2 port stops in Brazil.  My TA insists that they are required.  We did apply, though still waiting……

Viking Air Plus booked our return flight from Santiago, Chile on 1/26/2024 to make a change of planes in Sao Paulo, Brazil then to ATL and then to PDX. No visa is/was required if you were changing planes and remaining in the terminal. Has anyone seen documentation that this will be the case after the new visa requirements go into effect? The Viking Jupiter does not stop in Brazil on the 1/9-1/26 itinerary. We will be technically arriving in Brazil by air and leaving by air a few hours later. Viking did send us the email and I called Air Plus and they said they didn't know the answer.