LIVE from Celebrity Infinity 10/30

rxlowry

1 minute ago, rxlowry said:

Yes they do   We walked past it the first day!

Quick question as we go on Infinity in a few weeks. Do they still have a library with books to take out on board?

Thanks and hope you are enjoying yourself!

• Like 1

My parents and more family members are aboard with you. 😊 They just told me the itinerary change. They are enjoying but unfortunately contrarily to other ships they can't find crew speaking Spanish ( we are Portuguese), specially for dinner, so they are struggling trying to understand what's going on 😅 Because of it I'm afraid that they will not enjoy this cruise as much as the others. Thank you for your report, I'm following it with interest 😉

2 hours ago, framboesa said:

My parents and more family members are aboard with you. 😊 They just told me the itinerary change. They are enjoying but unfortunately contrarily to other ships they can't find crew speaking Spanish ( we are Portuguese), specially for dinner, so they are struggling trying to understand what's going on 😅 Because of it I'm afraid that they will not enjoy this cruise as much as the others. Thank you for your report, I'm following it with interest 😉

I am a fluent Spanish speaker and can help if they have issues

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tony s said:

I am a fluent Spanish speaker and can help if they have issues

Thank you very much, you are very kind 😊 I spoke with Celebrity regarding to this situation ( specially during dinner time when they were provided with only English menus) and they will try to help them 😊

Once again thank you for your reports, I'm enjoying it very much, like if i was aboard with you 😊

• Like 1

21 hours ago, framboesa said:

I’m confused.  Do they want Spanish?  Or Portuguese?  I met some lovely crew from Mexico if I could help.  I was actually just speaking Spanish with. And one who said she can speak a hybrid with Portuguese 

Even though we missed Vigo (and our Michelin lunch) it’s been a great day! Kudos to the captain for communicating the change early and so transparent his decision. So well communicated and thoughtfully explained.  (Unlike some other cruise lines).  Even a video on tv showing the weather conditions.   Master class in customer experience. 
two wine tasting made turning 50 easier. 
And a perfect trivia score!!!IMG_5874.thumb.jpeg.6e2f11048dfa6c8f9812b4b0f8ca869a.jpeg

IMG_5849.jpeg

IMG_5864.jpeg

IMG_5877.jpeg

IMG_5867.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, rxlowry said:

I’m confused.  Do they want Spanish?  Or Portuguese?  I met some lovely crew from Mexico if I could help.  I was actually just speaking Spanish with. And one who said she can speak a hybrid with Portuguese 

They speak Portuguese but can also speak and understand Spanish, and normally is easier to find Spanish speakers than Portuguese ones😊 fortunately Celebrity is taking care of them now, I believe it was a misunderstood. The problem was mainly during dinner because they had no idea what food was listed at the menus! 😅 Thank you

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scmomofboys said:

Enjoying your trip report very much! Did Celebrity have a shuttle into Porto from the port area (free or purchase)?  Thanks!

Only free to the port gate but did offer a paid one to Porto which was 15 dollars. We opted to take uber

image.jpg

• Like 1

Last night we dined in Luminae again.  Starters were A plus and since I wasn’t too keen on the entrees and the delicious gnocchi I had in June were on the menu in Blu I chose that.  Unfortunately, while the dish in June was memorable and spectacular, this was not.  The gnocchi were more bland and very gummy. In June, they seemed pan fried with so much color and were pillowy light. A disappointment but I was not starving due to the starters.  Chris had the ribeye and he enjoyed his meal.  We each had the strawberry soup and afterwards they brought out a birthday cake so we sang to each other and staff joined in.  
We skipped the show as it was another singer (3 in a row) and opted for some dancing.  The music wasn’t the best though as it was mostly reggae sound that seems odd on European cruise. It was Abba sing along which we skipped as I’m not a fan but popped in for a dance after it turned to DJ and that was very well attended.  We did stop by live band karaoke and really had to leave after three songs. 

IMG_5883.jpeg

IMG_5885.jpeg

IMG_5887.jpeg

IMG_5889.jpeg

IMG_5888.jpeg

17 hours ago, scmomofboys said:

Enjoying your trip report very much! Did Celebrity have a shuttle into Porto from the port area (free or purchase)?  Thanks!

Hi.

They are carrying out lots of building work in Porto including new roads.

The drop off point for the shuttle is now on the opposite bank of the river by the port lodges.

Its a fair walk across the bridge into Porto itself.

• Like 1

A great day yesterday after rainy Gibraltar.  We spent time in Solarium and I worked on the blog.  Alpacamybagsblog is the site but I haven’t posted and days there yet.  The pool felt great! 
Chris wanted to see the archery activity. It was not as fancy as on Summit but it worked.  He didn’t get his name picked though to try. We stayed for music trivia but it was musicals so I wrote a bit more until general trivia. 
We had our pre dinner in the Retreat lounge with the lovely Jocelyn.  She seems to be a fan favorite!!

Best service tonight in Luminae but it wasn’t as busy.  We both feel it seems short staffed. 
Popped into show to stand in back for a little bit.  Fourth night in a row of a headline singer.  He actually sang one of the songs from first night.  I’m ready for a production, comedian, magician…

The party band was playing reggae so we went to silent disco in the Constellation.   Even more fun and well attended!!!  

IMG_5945.jpeg

IMG_5946.jpeg

IMG_5948.jpeg

• Like 2

Today we did a tour with Celebrity, the chef’s market tour of Cadiz. Excellent tour of market, town and lunch.  Looking forward to the second part of tour this evening which is galley tour and dinner by the chef 

IMG_5983.jpeg

IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_6023.jpeg

IMG_6058.jpeg

IMG_6060.jpeg

IMG_6061.jpeg

IMG_6063.jpeg

IMG_6064.jpeg

IMG_6071.jpeg

• Like 4

It's great to follow your adventures! And the pictures are lovely, seems that the weather looks better.😀 I love cadiz, we will be there by the end of our transatlantic next year. I got feedback from my parents and they said that the shows are nothing to write home about, but they are enjoying themselves because are travelling with family. (and now I'm hungry because of your pictures!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rxlowry said:

The party band was playing reggae so we went to silent disco in the Constellation.   Even more fun and well attended!!!  

DW and I depart this coming Wednesday on an Enchantment Journey and TA from Lisbon aboard Azamara's "ONWARD".  We started reminiscing about past cruises and immediately thought about the silent disco aboard the Millie on a TP.  We had so much fun and laughed so hard watching people move around without hearing any music or noise. 

We have booked the Infinity in Sept 2024 to celebrate our 50th anniversary, so I am very interested in your review.

AND, Happy Birthday to both of you!

• Like 1