Flash Sale Price Drop

iluvit!

30 minutes ago, iluvit! said:

Folks, just did a mock booking and called my agent. 2025 Harmony booking dropped from $2107 to $1785. I’ll put the $322 savings toward a dining pkg. 🎉🎉Woot!

Glad it worked for you! I checked - but it would add $1200 to my Alaska July 2024 sail. I never understand how these sales work but I always check for better pricing so thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, surgie said:

Glad it worked for you! I checked - but it would add $1200 to my Alaska July 2024 sail. I never understand how these sales work but I always check for better pricing so thanks for the heads up!

23 minutes ago, surgie said:

Yes, mine usually just go up but I check with every new sale just hoping…

On 4/19/2023 at 7:17 AM, goldenfarm said:

I remember seeing someone mention how there was a discount on drink packages when they boarded the ship, but only on embarkation day. Has anyone else seen this and, if so, what was the deal offered? I can't find that original post. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iluvit! said:

Folks, just did a mock booking and called my agent. 2025 Harmony booking dropped from $2107 to $1785. I’ll put the $322 savings toward a dining pkg. 🎉🎉Woot!

My Harmony December 1, 2024 dropped by $235 as a few days ago.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, surgie said:

My TA said there is often a good sale on Black Friday to book or cancel and rebook drink packages, excursions etc. I'll be keeping an eye out for this next month. 

Excursions yes but not drink packages. Maybe a few dollars on 10+ night sailings that are far in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Excursions yes but not drink packages. Maybe a few dollars on 10+ night sailings that are far in the future.

Her experience last year was that on Black Friday there was 30% off drink packages (on the sailings she had booked) vs the usual 20% that pops up from time to time. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, surgie said:

Her experience last year was that on Black Friday there was 30% off drink packages (on the sailings she had booked) vs the usual 20% that pops up from time to time. 

You need to be very wary of % off figures in Royal's "sales" because you never know what they're using as their base figure. Nine times out of ten you'll find that the price is the same regardless of how much the discount is, so you need to always do a mock booking and see what the actual bottom line is.

Note that you can't see the full cost with any taxes, grats and fees added until you have the item in your cart and start the check out process, but you can always back out when it comes to the crunch of putting your card details in if it turns out to be more money than you were expecting.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

You need to be very wary of % off figures in Royal's "sales" because you never know what they're using as their base figure. Nine times out of ten you'll find that the price is the same regardless of how much the discount is, so you need to always do a mock booking and see what the actual bottom line is.

This is so true. I find the RCCL pricing to be very tedious and maybe it's an industry-wide thing - kind of "bait and switch" scenario. We travel sometimes with a river cruise company and this is never an issue - the price is the price! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, surgie said:

This is so true. I find the RCCL pricing to be very tedious and maybe it's an industry-wide thing - kind of "bait and switch" scenario. We travel sometimes with a river cruise company and this is never an issue - the price is the price! 

I have never done a river cruise. It's on my bucket list. 🙂

• Like 1