Specific Question on Prestige Select Bev Package

SeaWatch12

Is there a maximum price for drinks on the Prestige Beverage Package?

MVPinBoynton posted Vista drink menus on his website and the Founders Bar shows 

Bulliet is $14, Whistlepig is $22, and Woodford Reserve is $25.

The cruise lines we usually sail on charge extra if you go over a certain dollar amount of a drink not included in the package.

We booked the Vista with OLife for the OBC and kept it instead of switching to Simply More, therefore we don't have the House Select package.

I am trying to determine if purchasing the Prestige package will be worth it for us. We have the OLife OBC (already used some to cover the gratuities) and some OBC from our travel agent to apply towards drinks.

Thanks for any information.

Mark

I do not think the Premium drinks as mentioned are included in the  Prestige package 

hopefully someone will comment

No they do not  have a price limit on the drinks in the package  & charge the difference  for more expensive  drinks

2 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

On Vista in September with the prestige package the max was $18 per drink. However, there were exceptions. When no Bulliet available, Woodford Reserve was offered under the package.

Thank you, that is good to hear. 

I think that Woodford at the Founders Bar for $25 is the double oaked.  The regular Woodford appears on the standard bar menu for $17, so should qualify for the prestige package.  Also, the Elijah Craig Small Batch at $12 is pretty decent as a substitute.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dwtlion said:

On Vista in September with the prestige package the max was $18 per drink. However, there were exceptions. When no Bulliet available, Woodford Reserve was offered under the package.

Were the drinks in Founders Bar part o the package ?

Obviously they've changed the way the system works, or some are misunderstanding how it works. 

Historically it was whatever drinks were posted on the Bar Menu were available under the Prestige Package. You could get a double that would have a value of $40 or more. 

The way I understand it is that drinks in the Founders Bar are not part of that package. Specialty Scotches in Polo are excluded as well as Sake and certain beer in Red Ginger. Many higher end brands in Horizons are excluded. There might be some cheaper than the ones on the Bar Menu, but they weren't available on the package. If this has changed this is the first I've read about it here. I've never been on Vista so not exactly sure how it works. My most recent experience was in June of this year. At that time the package worked the way it pretty much always has on Riviera.

1 minute ago, ORV said:

Obviously they've changed the way the system works, or some are misunderstanding how it works. 

Historically it was whatever drinks were posted on the Bar Menu were available under the Prestige Package. You could get a double that would have a value of $40 or more. 

The way I understand it is that drinks in the Founders Bar are not part of that package. Specialty Scotches in Polo are excluded as well as Sake and certain beer in Red Ginger. Many higher end brands in Horizons are excluded. There might be some cheaper than the ones on the Bar Menu, but they weren't available on the package. If this has changed this is the first I've read about it here. I've never been on Vista so not exactly sure how it works. My most recent experience was in June of this year. At that time the package worked the way it pretty much always has on Riviera.

Just off Vista and this is exactly how it worked...same as in the past as you have stated..