Bringing beverages on board

wests5

1 hour ago, wests5 said:

I see that we can bring a 12 pack of 12ounce cans on board. Does anyone know how to find out about specialty items like I am on high protein shakes... is there someone to contact regarding this?

You can bring more than 1 12 pack in most ports, as they don't really check.  Protein shakes would be no issue either.  They are mostly only looking for alcohol items when they do look to see what you are carrying.  

I should add I don't think you can bring them in glass containers, seems I read somewhere about glass, but bottles or cans are no issue.

Edited by kywildcatfanone

1 hour ago, Tigerspill said:

I read somewhere that each passenger can bring one bottle of wine on board at the start of the cruise.

Is this the case?

Thanks

Yes correct. Each adult is permitted to carry on 1 x 750 ml bottle of wine at no charge for use in the cabin. If that bottle is brought to a public area, ie DR, it is subject to a $20 corkage fee. Additional bottles may be carried on and are subject to the corkage fee when boarding. These bottles are marked and may be carried to any public area. This information is detailed in the FAQ's.

• Thanks 1

Just now, skynight said:

Yes correct. Each adult is permitted to carry on 1 x 750 ml bottle of wine at no charge for use in the cabin. If that bottle is brought to a public area, ie DR, it is subject to a $20 corkage fee. Additional bottles may be carried on and are subject to the corkage fee when boarding. These bottles are marked and may be carried to any public area. This information is detailed in the FAQ's.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Thanks, @wests5 for asking this. I saw on another thread something about "no bottled drinks," just cans being allowed and was going to ask if folks knew if nutritional drinks (Boost, in our case) were exempt. And if we can bring that on as well as our 2 12-packs of seltzer.

They've never enforced it in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Thanks, @wests5 for asking this. I saw on another thread something about "no bottled drinks," just cans being allowed and was going to ask if folks knew if nutritional drinks (Boost, in our case) were exempt. And if we can bring that on as well as our 2 12-packs of seltzer.

I have seen these types of nutritional drinks in cartons with plastic tops. Might have been Ensure. I have also seen them in powder form, chocolate and vanilla flavor. I assume you mix with milk which is available on board, regular or skim. 

4 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

As long as it isn't glass, I don't think they care. We have brought cans and plastic bottles.