Drinks package query from a first time cruiser.

Got my first ever RC cruise booked on Voyager of the Seas next summer, and have so many questions spinning round my head! I have a current offer of 20% off alcoholic drinks packages, at around £76pp, and was wondering if this is likely to be the best offer I'll get? Will probably need 4 of them and 1 soft drinks package. 

Also what am I likely to pay on board for a beer or cocktail? 

Thanks in advance folks. 

Beer is about $8 and Cocktails are $12 -14. There will be better prices coming up.  Check out the sale starting the week of Thanksgiving in the US...

The standard rule of thumb is 5 cocktails/wines a day along with a few waters and you come out a ahead.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shoegazer73 said:

Got my first ever RC cruise booked on Voyager of the Seas next summer, and have so many questions spinning round my head! I have a current offer of 20% off alcoholic drinks packages, at around £76pp, and was wondering if this is likely to be the best offer I'll get? Will probably need 4 of them and 1 soft drinks package. 

Thanks in advance folks. 

Ours is 30 percent off , but if you buy it and price goes down you can cancel and get the new price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shoegazer73 said:

Thanks in advance folks. 

£76 is definitely not a bargain. You’d need to buy 7 cocktails a day to come out on top. Any fewer than that and you’d be better off paying as you go.

• Like 1

Note that adults in a room all have to buy the alcohol package if anyone wants it.  And Royal will add 18% gratuity when you check out (assuming they haven't rolled that into UK pricing you quoted).  You would see added gratuities when you actually purchase the drink packages.

• Like 1

For an Oasis of the Seas cruise in September next I have been quoted $1433 for 2. It started out at $79.99 each per day each but with tax and gratuity added it ends up at $102.43 each per day. As a beer drinker I would need to drink about 11  drinks per day to cover this. My wife, who drinks wine, would need to drink around 7.  As her daily max is 4,' I will need to drink another 4/5 drinks just to break even. Don't think its a good idea for us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frankmac said:

For an Oasis of the Seas cruise in September next I have been quoted $1433 for 2. It started out at $79.99 each per day each but with tax and gratuity added it ends up at $102.43 each per day. As a beer drinker I would need to drink about 11  drinks per day to cover this. My wife, who drinks wine, would need to drink around 7.  As her daily max is 4,' I will need to drink another 4/5 drinks just to break even. Don't think its a good idea for us.

It probably still won't be worth it for you, but do you also plan on having any specialty coffee, soda or bottled water? Those add up when paying for them,

23 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

£76 is definitely not a bargain. You’d need to buy 7 cocktails a day to come out on top. Any fewer than that and you’d be better off paying as you go.

5 or 6 bottles of water a day, OJ in the morning and a specialty coffee or two and only 3 or 4 cocktails to break even.

20 hours ago, ngrund said:

It probably still won't be worth it for you, but do you also plan on having any specialty coffee, soda or bottled water? Those add up when paying for them,

Yeah I probably will be using the water, although I believe you can top up for free at the water stations, but as you say it would still be stretching it.