Master Suite Pricing

jhenry1

We booked the Master Suite for an Alaska Cruise and our daughter and niece are going and occupying the second bedroom. When we booked their fare was the lowest veranda h fare listed for guest 3 and 4 and our was the original fare for the Master Suite. We are still several months out from final payment and I noticed yesterday that the fare had decreased in the Veranda h suite by a $1000 plus dollars for the Veterans Day discount. I called my TA and he said that this did not apply and Regents policy was not that guest 3 and 4 in the Master suite fare was the lowest fare listed. Several people on this site have stated that when they booked the Master Suite that guests 3 and 4 did in fact receive the lowest fare advertised in the Veranda h suite but I do know that they must pay 150 each for pre cruise hotel and for Air if they chose Regent air. I am not sure what to do as we are talking over 2000 difference in price for 2.  Any suggestions? 

32 minutes ago, jhenry1 said:

We booked the Master Suite for an Alaska Cruise and our daughter and niece are going and occupying the second bedroom. When we booked their fare was the lowest veranda h fare listed for guest 3 and 4 and our was the original fare for the Master Suite. We are still several months out from final payment and I noticed yesterday that the fare had decreased in the Veranda h suite by a $1000 plus dollars for the Veterans Day discount. I called my TA and he said that this did not apply and Regents policy was not that guest 3 and 4 in the Master suite fare was the lowest fare listed. Several people on this site have stated that when they booked the Master Suite that guests 3 and 4 did in fact receive the lowest fare advertised in the Veranda h suite but I do know that they must pay 150 each for pre cruise hotel and for Air if they chose Regent air. I am not sure what to do as we are talking over 2000 difference in price for 2.  Any suggestions? 

Book them in a verandah at the lower rate.  That way they could get the airfare and they can always stay in your Master Suite.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 2

Does that mean that if two people book the Master Suite they only pay for the two of them, but get two bedrooms? Not a bad idea if you think you might fall out with your spouse/partner during the cruise!!!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Does that mean that if two people book the Master Suite they only pay for the two of them, but get two bedrooms? Not a bad idea if you think you might fall out with your spouse/partner during the cruise!!!

I have the Master Suite booked for a Tokyo to Tokyo cruise next year. The second bedroom was being locked off when it was just my husband and myself, I have since added our best friends to the second room, paid more to unlock the second bedroom though. 

1 hour ago, czardas said:

I have the Master Suite booked for a Tokyo to Tokyo cruise next year. The second bedroom was being locked off when it was just my husband and myself, I have since added our best friends to the second room, paid more to unlock the second bedroom though. 

This sounds very odd to me. How would they lock off the second bedroom, which is very much part of the Master Suite as such? 

We have three times stayed in a Master Suite (two people), and always had the full suite at our disposal, including the second bedroom and bathroom.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:09 AM, jmalux said:

This sounds very odd to me. How would they lock off the second bedroom, which is very much part of the Master Suite as such? 

We have three times stayed in a Master Suite (two people), and always had the full suite at our disposal, including the second bedroom and bathroom.

Same here - always get the use of both bathrooms, the main reason we book it.

It must depend on the configuration of each ship. I don’t know about the other ships, but we booked the master suite on the Splendor for two people. On that ship, it would not be possible to close off the second bedroom and we had use of it for the cruise, along with bathroom and closet, for the two of us.