Early arrival Ft Lauderdale hotel?

chriscec2012

5 minutes ago, chriscec2012 said:

We are coming in the day before our cruise and we land before noon, anyone have any specific hotels that have allowed you to check in early or that will hold luggage? Flight lands around 10am. Thanks 

We've stayed at many hotels in the area, 17th St, Dania even Plantation. We've never found one that won't hold your bags for you if early check-in isn't available. Early check-in is a function of how busy the hotel is and whether housekeeping has had a chance to finish up some rooms. Always best to contact the hotel ahead of time and ask about holding your bags. Honestly, I'm not sure I would want to do business with a hotel that refused to do so for an early-arriving guest with a reservation.  ;o)

• Thanks 1

Whether or not you can check in early is almost always a factor of availability. A hotel is not going to hold a room open the night before you arrive to get you early check in. And the few that might "allow" you early check in, simply because a room is ready, are likely going to charge you extra for it. Keep in mind, Ft Lauderdale turns over thousands of rooms every day during peak cruising season.

On the other hand, have never heard of a hotel that won't hold your bags until your room is ready. Again, the hotels know the situation in peak cruise season, and many will open a small conference room for attended baggage holds until your room is ready.

• Thanks 1

In our experiences, when we arrive early, the hotel will allow us to check in even if room is not yet ready. When this happens, after check in we leave our stuff with the bell desk and then go do something (one time we went to the pool and swam, sometimes we just go get a meal, really depends on how early we are). My point is just because you arrive early you don't have to sit around and wait.

In our experience, If you have high status with the hotel's loyalty program you are more likely to be able to check in early but of course that's not something you can count on in advance.  Storing your luggage and using the facilities or going out to lunch during the wait is a good plan B.

I've stayed at all of them on A1A, off Las Olas. I always book an early flight to FLL so I can hit the beach and happy hour before dinner. Many times I arrive at the hotel just around noonish. Check in isn't until 3 sometimes 4pm.

The W, The Westin, Courtyard Marriott on Seabreeze, The Ft. Lauderdale Sheraton The Hilton. They all hold my luggage never an issue before check-in.

I put a pair of shorts and a wife beater in my backpack. Taxi drops you off go straight to the front desk. Tell them what's up never a problem and I'm across the street on the beach by 1pm LATEST drink in my hand toes in the sand listening to Van Halen on Las Olas Beach. It's never failed me. 

Try it when you get back make sure you provide us a review. Thanks 

Edited by TTEllis