Mac and Cheese anyone?

12 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

That looks pretty sad for an entree.

It looks pretty sad, period.

The Mac & Cheese in Odyssey's Windjammer last January was really good. It was very cheesy and creamy and they used shell pasta.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Mac & Cheese in Odyssey's Windjammer last January was really good. It was very cheesy and creamy and they used shell pasta.

What I had in Windjammer last week was very creamy -- no problem with texture. 

It wasn't cheesy enough, and the cheese was white -- I definitely prefer a more cheddar-y mac-and-cheese.  I think lack of cheesy taste was the problem; it was more like noodles in Bechamel sauce.  

The noodles were straight and fat.  

It was topped with bread crumbs.  

Of course, I'm very partial to my own mac-and-cheese:  super cheesy and creamy, small elbows or rotini noodles, and a bit of onion diced small.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

45 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It looks pretty sad, period.

Mac and cheese in Serenade WJ was good too when we sailed recently.  It was also shells and very cheesy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Reid said:

What a pithy observation. A modern day Oscar Wilde or Dorothy Parker.

Thanks sir John. I know this board loves to have a moan about any little thing but posting a doctored photo half eaten, because that's not how it's served, to get some replies is getting boring. Yesterday we had a post from a happy cruiser raving about the food and gets about 2 replies. Someone not happy with an entree that can be easily exchanged for something else gets a couple of pages.

• Like 2

We have high number of top tier passengers on this voyage, Pinnacle 288, Diamond Plus 1129, Diamond 1034. The ship should have shown some appreciation to our loyal customers. Alas, no free lobster tails on menu for 2 weeks other than paid menu.

Edited by spacetraveler
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, spacetraveler said:

We have high number of top tier passengers on this voyage, Pinnacle 288, Diamond Plus 1129, Diamond 1034. The ship should have shown some appreciation to our loyal customers. Alas, no free lobster tails on menu for 2 weeks other than paid menu.

Why does the number of top tier people matter.

They don't do lobster night in Europe.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2023 at 1:27 PM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Is that  very cheap pub food? Its supposed to be "A fine dining experience" 🤔 😂

Did you leave an extra Tip? 

Not very good and not the food you expect from Royal. Buffet it is then 👍

16 hours ago, spacetraveler said:

Royal gives free drinks, some free internet, and other perks that I can't remember at the moment to those top-tier passengers.  

I was looking at menus for our upcoming Wonder cruise, and lobster (without additional cost) is on the menu for "Royal Night" /next to last evening.  

On 11/7/2023 at 9:41 PM, spacetraveler said:

With many high tier passengers on board, our voice is heard. Royal's interactive app just added the lobster tail on tonight's menu even tonight is not a formal night.

Edited by spacetraveler
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2023 at 9:05 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

Of course, I'm very partial to my own mac-and-cheese:  super cheesy and creamy, small elbows or rotini noodles, and a bit of onion diced small.  

My mac and cheese is delicious!

On 11/6/2023 at 3:41 AM, spacetraveler said:

IMG_20231105_212152.thumb.jpg.4a375a9e864d90200b7b721ab3b46f62.jpgI am currently on Symphony ots. Last night on the main dinning room entree menu, not children menu, there was an item of "lobster Mac and Cheese". The bowl was very small, smaller than the onion soup bowl, about 3/4 full of Mac with some source. There was no sign of chopped or ground meat with the Mac. I am half way to Pinnacle. I am going to fold.

You should have paired it up with their delicious meatloaf and brown gravy and a side of canned corn. Mmmmm...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spacetraveler said:

With many high tier passengers on board, our voice is heard. Royal's interactive app just added the lobster tail on tonight's menu even tonight is not a formal night.

Oh Snap! Just our luck...we're eating at Izumi tonight. :classic_huh:

3 hours ago, spacetraveler said:

Lobster has been on the app’s menu for tonight since the beginning of the cruise.  It is Dress to Impress night.

Sherri🙂

• Haha 1