Thank you upgrade Fairy!

Morgsmom

I booked a 4 nighter on this week's flash sale as a solo, Interior, Bella.  Paid $228 all in ( (It was $99 base fare, $19 solo supplement, $100 taxes.) for a December sailing on Seashore. Would have been content to have inside as I intend to sleep and recharge, however I just got assigned a Balcony cabin. 

The upgrade 🧚‍♀️ fairy is alive and well!!!  Yahoo!!!

• Like 18

Congrats!!!

On social media for our Nov Seashore cruise, people have been reporting the same, and I have been getting non- stop emails to upgrade our aft wrap Aurea Suite to YC.

One couple, as you, went from Bella Interior, to assigned a Balcony, then put a min bid on a YIN and got it.

No idea what they paid originally.

My minimum bid for a YCP would put me in for less then I paid for a Deluxe Veranda on Celebrity next year...Lovey would shot me if I did, and I'd hate to give up the aft room, but it is tempting.

7 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

Congrats!!!

On social media for our Nov Seashore cruise, people have been reporting the same, and I have been getting non- stop emails to upgrade our aft wrap Aurea Suite to YC.

One couple, as you, went from Bella Interior, to assigned a Balcony, then put a min bid on a YIN and got it.

No idea what they paid originally.

My minimum bid for a YCP would put me in for less then I paid for a Deluxe Veranda on Celebrity next year...Lovey would shot me if I did, and I'd hate to give up the aft room, but it is tempting.

You described the situation we're in right now except we are waiting to see if we get the YC upgrade with 6 days left before sailing.  Kind of a 2 edged sword for us since it's nice to have the balcony we hardly ever buy, but we probably will never end up with yacht club unless we go for it like this. I'm thinking of bumping the bid up slightly like I saw someone else do and actually got superbumped into the balcony as you described  but I'd possibly have buyer's regret it if it just secured us into the YC interior.  Decisions, decisions....  BTW, no cabins show as bookable on our cruise right now anyway.

52 minutes ago, beckyboo1986 said:

Great news. I have also been blessed. I'm sailing next Friday on Euribia. I booked an interior for myself and toddler and we've been assigned a deluxe balcony on deck 11.

Just curious. Did you book Interior Bella or Fantastica? And if Fantastica did you have to pick a cabin upon booking. Just trying to understand my chances of getting a complementary upgrade. Leaving next Wednesday on Euribia with an assigned Fantastica Interior.

14 hours ago, eyern1 said:

You described the situation we're in right now except we are waiting to see if we get the YC upgrade with 6 days left before sailing.  Kind of a 2 edged sword for us since it's nice to have the balcony we hardly ever buy, but we probably will never end up with yacht club unless we go for it like this. I'm thinking of bumping the bid up slightly like I saw someone else do and actually got superbumped into the balcony as you described  but I'd possibly have buyer's regret it if it just secured us into the YC interior.  Decisions, decisions....  BTW, no cabins show as bookable on our cruise right now anyway.

If no cabins show as bookable then the upgrade company might be data-mining. They collect information to see how much people are willing to pay for each category.  It is used in setting prices going forward.  

From personal experience, YIN > a balcony (unless it's a Yacht Club Balcony, of course)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

If no cabins show as bookable then the upgrade company might be data-mining. They collect information to see how much people are willing to pay for each category.  It is used in setting prices going forward.  

They can also be 'loading the bases' to cover late cancellations and no-shows...

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

From personal experience, YIN > a balcony (unless it's a Yacht Club Balcony, of course)

Funny thing.

When I looked at the latest upgrade email, it was early yesterday morning, about 3 AM, (Just couldn't sleep).

I went online to see what YC cabins were open, just to see. There were seven YCP's and one YC1.

There were tons of Aurea Jr. Suites left, and I mean lots. A few Standard balconies, and nothing else, OV or Insides.

Right after I posted yesterday morning, I checked again, ship sold out.

A few have posted that they have won bid offers to Jr's.

7 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

Funny thing.

When I looked at the latest upgrade email, it was early yesterday morning, about 3 AM, (Just couldn't sleep).

I went online to see what YC cabins were open, just to see. There were seven YCP's and one YC1.

There were tons of Aurea Jr. Suites left, and I mean lots. A few Standard balconies, and nothing else, OV or Insides.

Right after I posted yesterday morning, I checked again, ship sold out.

A few have posted that they have won bid offers to Jr's.

I'm guessing you were looking on the MSC site? I'm saying this because any of the typical cruise sale sites never mention different levels within one of the 4 basic categories, inside, oceanview, oceanview and suite.  Or is that because it was already showing as sold out and it would have given the YC and other choices had they not been sold out? I've never tried to look for a higher level in the higher priced categories.

22 hours ago, Noesja said:

Just curious. Did you book Interior Bella or Fantastica? And if Fantastica did you have to pick a cabin upon booking. Just trying to understand my chances of getting a complementary upgrade. Leaving next Wednesday on Euribia with an assigned Fantastica Interior.

Hi

It was Bella. I have no idea why I was upgraded. I truly think it's pot luck.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, BookBikeBeyond123 said:

Congrats!! I am still waiting to receive the upgrade bid email and we are 9 days away from sailing. Hope the upgrade fairy visit all of us!

If you haven't gotten an email by now you probably won't. You should get it weeks if not months out as a rule.

On 2/3/2024 at 8:17 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

If you haven't gotten an email by now you probably won't. You should get it weeks if not months out as a rule.

Yea I am keeping my expectations super low even though my TA says there is still a chance since the ship is not very full…. Finger crossed to get the upgrade. I know YC will be a whole new experience!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 7:32 AM, Morgsmom said:

I booked a 4 nighter on this week's flash sale as a solo, Interior, Bella.  Paid $228 all in ( (It was $99 base fare, $19 solo supplement, $100 taxes.) for a December sailing on Seashore. Would have been content to have inside as I intend to sleep and recharge, however I just got assigned a Balcony cabin. 

The upgrade 🧚‍♀️ fairy is alive and well!!!  Yahoo!!!

Congrats! We were upgraded on 1st MSC cruise. (48 on Royal and never an upgrade. )