Fact or Fiction: O’Malley’s Replacing Salty Dog Gastropub on Discovery

New2cruise2022

I thought I read a fleeting comment on these boards about O’Malley’s replacing Salty Dog Gastropub on the Discovery Princess. 

I have seen multiple posts that Sur La Mer will be gone by weeks end and replaced by The Catch. I’ve likewise seen multiple posts that Discovery Princess will do away with Churchill’s Cigar Lounge and replaced with an arcade. But, I’ve only seen the one comment about O’Malleys. Thanks for your help with confirming or myth busting the notion about Gastropub going away from the Discovery. 

• Like 1

They definitely announced changing the Salty Dog Gastropub into an O'Malleys. I just checked the deck plans for Discovery Princess and while it gives to deck plan options, I picked for sailings after May 2024 and it still shows both Bistro Sur la Mer and the Salty Dog, so perhaps this isn't happening anytime soon.

Edited by acutecanuck
Hit enter too soon
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, acutecanuck said:

They definitely announced changing the Salty Dog Gastropub into an O'Malleys. I just checked the deck plans for Discovery Princess and while it gives to deck plan options, I picked for sailings after May 2024 and it still shows both Bistro Sur la Mer and the Salty Dog, so perhaps this isn't happening anytime soon.

I heard the Salty Dog may change to O’Malleys sometime next year and the signs for the Bistro Sur La Mer have already been changed to The Catch by Rudi.  Their soft opening is on Nov 11th and their full opening will be Nov 18th.  
The menu is absolutely superb so I look forward to booking there next year.  
While I really love the Salty Dog, I look forward to tryin O’Malley’s menu one day.  

And yes, I did also hear from an upper officer that Churchill’s smoking bar will be replaced by an arcade as on the Royal.  

• Thanks 1