Supper Club>Escape,yes or no?

elliotlake12

4 hours ago, lakelivin2 said:

Have to agree with shof515.  The chicken parmesan is dry and tastes like it's been sitting under a heat lamp for too long.  The entertainer we saw in August was very good.

When I was on the Escape last month the chicken was actually pretty good, not dry at all.  They could have had a little more pasta with it, but it was better than what we had in Moderno - all of that meat was bone dry and mostly inedible except the lamb. We saw a guy doing Rat Pack songs.

• Like 2

The Supper Club is a nice and free alternative to the other restaurants on board. The venue itself is beautiful. When I was last on there were ABBA, Motown and Divas shows and I enjoyed them all. The ABBA show is no longer performed but there are at least three different acts per week. Dinner was a salad, chicken parm w/ pasta and carrot cake, all pretty good. You can also book and just watch the show without dinner.

• Like 1

Just got off the Escape and went to the Supper Club to see the "Rat Pack" show. 

The singer was entertaining, but the food was 'blah': an under-dressed small salad, chicken parm with pasta (or eggplant parm if you select vegetarian), and carrot cake for dessert.  No bread on the table (odd, b/c there's a bread plate and butter knife) and no coffee offered.  Anyway, IMHO, it was like eating at a wedding where the couple selected the cheapest food option.   

Hence, I'd recommend the show alone, the music portion ends around 7pm after the 6pm start, and then head to another dining option for better food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're going to be going on the Escape in 4 weeks, and like the OP, kind of on the fence about trying it for one evening just for a change. But after the reviews above, I'm still not sold. 

Sounds like I'm better off staying with the Main dining room, and lining up for the Pour House for the entertainment there.

3 hours ago, breadandbutter said:

I'm on the Escape this December does anyone know if there is still Beatles night in the supper club, if so any idea which night?

Itinerary is, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Stirrup Cay.

When I was on the Escape last month they had a Rat Pack show (it was just one guy) and Elton John.  I went to the Rat Pack show but I saw some of the Elton John show in the main theater.  It was 3 guys for that.

On 11/6/2023 at 8:19 PM, stinkyharriet said:

but it was better than what we had in Moderno - all of that meat was bone dry and mostly inedible except the lamb. 

We got actual, real, not-fake, perfectly grilled beef tenderloin at Moderno on our first sea day last week. I was shocked. It was incredible. It was about the 5th option offered, but oh my. Wait for it.

Oops, I got carried away. As for the OP, skip the supper club.

Edited by IAcruising

2 hours ago, IAcruising said:

We got actual, real, not-fake, perfectly grilled beef tenderloin at Moderno on our first sea day last week. I was shocked. It was incredible. It was about the 5th option offered, but oh my. Wait for it.

Oops, I got carried away. As for the OP, skip the supper club.

My cruise was to New England/Canada and my best guess at the average age of the cruisers is "old", and I'm not young myself!  I think Moderno might have been too much for many of the older crowd and it was pretty empty.  My sister originally made a late reservation and they actually called our cabin asking if we'd be willing to go in earlier, so we went at 6:30.  I think they just had to keep bringing the meat back to re-heat it because of how slow the restaurant was, and it resulted in dry meat.  We were served the lamb first and that was the best. When we were leaving they were already preparing to close for the night.  I have to say that the chicken at the Supper Club show was better than Moderno!

18 minutes ago, itsnotjustme said:

Do you normally receive fake tenderloin when ordering tenderloin?

I was a butcher and owned a meat market for 7-years. Yes, there is indeed "fake" tenderloin. 😎

I honestly did not expect true beef tenderloin in Moderno. I was pleasantly proven wrong.

21 hours ago, IAcruising said:

I honestly did not expect true beef tenderloin in Moderno. I was pleasantly proven wrong.

I certainly know there are fake meats, fake everything.  Even genuine fake Rolex watches in Turkey.

I just would not expect fake tenderloin at a high-end restaurant.  (But I guess they do not serve tenderloin at many low-end restaurants! )

2 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I just would not expect fake tenderloin at a high-end restaurant.  (But I guess they do not serve tenderloin at many low-end restaurants! )

That's the first I've heard Moderno called "high-end". I understand that tenderloin has been replaced at Teppanyaki. I just assumed the same at Moderno. Again, pleasantly surprised that my assumption was incorrect.