Princess Pricing

delluser

We’ve taken many cruises but never on Princess. I found what looks like a “deal” but I don’t have point of reference for this line. I know everyone values different things so please offer helpful information only. Is this a fair price for January/Caribbean: 

Sky Princess 7 nights balcony 

Princess Plus for $2368 (includes the taxes). 

thanks!

5 minutes ago, delluser said:

We’ve taken many cruises but never on Princess. I found what looks like a “deal” but I don’t have point of reference for this line. I know everyone values different things so please offer helpful information only. Is this a fair price for January/Caribbean: 

thanks!

That sounds like a rather decent deal to me for a balcony and inclusion of Princess Plus.  

• Thanks 1

Doing the math, $100 pp/day, plus $60 pp/day for the Princess Plus package, sounds like a pretty good deal to me, especially if it's an itinerary that interests you. But here's my question for you. How much more is a Premium Deluxe aft-facing cabin that include a sofa? I believe the regular balcony only includes one desk chair to sit in.

image.thumb.png.b948da7eab09ff799c69c4af8fc1dc0a.png

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Doing the math, $100 pp/day, plus $60 pp/day for the Princess Plus package, sounds like a pretty good deal to me, especially if it's an itinerary that interests you. But here's my question for you. How much more is a Premium Deluxe aft-facing cabin that include a sofa? I believe the regular balcony only includes one desk chair to sit in.

image.thumb.png.b948da7eab09ff799c69c4af8fc1dc0a.png

You are correct in that the balcony cabins only have one desk chair.  And if you book an aft facing Premium Deluxe balcony, like on the Baja deck, the balcony is much larger along with having a small seating area in cabin.  
Quite honestly, we just like having a balcony, no matter 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You are correct in that the balcony cabins only have one desk chair.  And if you book an aft facing Premium Deluxe balcony, like on the Baja deck, the balcony is much larger along with having a small seating area in cabin.  
Quite honestly, we just like having a balcony, no matter 

Since this will be the OP's first time cruising with Princess, I just thought I'd point out that annoying fact just in case they made the assumption there would be at least two places to sit in a regular balcony cabin. A pleasure we have come to take for granted on every other cruise line we've sailed with.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Since this will be the OP's first time cruising with Princess, I just thought I'd point out that annoying fact just in case they made the assumption there would be at least two places to sit in a regular balcony cabin. A pleasure we have come to take for granted on every other cruise line we've sailed with.

Right!  I agree with you on that.  We’ve sailed across many different lines and find the deluxe balcony cabins are just perfect for two passengers.  I love that little bit of extra room in the cabin!  My post got cut off but what I meant to finish it with was that we just love having a balcony to go out on .. if there is a deluxe balcony available, all the better.  
Someone on these threads, “as a stockholder”, flamed me for booking a deluxe balcony for 2 people and they should only be allowed if 3 passengers were booked in the cabin.  They then proceeded to say we should have to book a mini suite if there were just 2 people wanting extra space.  How does that make sense when all mini suites hold at least 3 people, as well?  
It was nonsensical, at best.  Ahhh .. gotta love cruise critic!  😆  You never know what people are going to come up with next!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Right!  I agree with you on that.  We’ve sailed across many different lines and find the deluxe balcony cabins are just perfect for two passengers.  I love that little bit of extra room in the cabin!  My post got cut off but what I meant to finish it with was that we just love having a balcony to go out on .. if there is a deluxe balcony available, all the better.  
Someone on these threads, “as a stockholder”, flamed me for booking a deluxe balcony for 2 people and they should only be allowed if 3 passengers were booked in the cabin.  They then proceeded to say we should have to book a mini suite if there were just 2 people wanting extra space.  How does that make sense when all mini suites hold at least 3 people, as well?  
It was nonsensical, at best.  Ahhh .. gotta love cruise critic!  😆  You never know what people are going to come up with next!  

Hope you don't mind my chiming in but you are correct some comments are ridiculous.  We love the deluxe balcony cabins as well, in fact we have one booked for this Saturday for just the two of us.  😁  For 10 day or longer mini suites are great too.

• Thanks 1

I like the deluxe balcony on the royal class as well and I cruise solo I have found the deluxe obstructed view are a lot less expensive and if you can get one mid ship on Emerald deck the only obstruction is the promenade deck below it's classified as a DW.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I like the deluxe balcony on the royal class as well and I cruise solo I have found the deluxe obstructed view are a lot less expensive and if you can get one mid ship on Emerald deck the only obstruction is the promenade deck below it's classified as a DW.

We always shoot for one of those!  Such a convenient location, too!  

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 11:37 AM, delluser said:

thanks!

I presume you quoted for two people.  Take out $840 for Plus and cruise fare is $764/pp.  That is not much more than $100/night for a Balcony.  Good deal IMO.  If you only quoted for one person, it doesn't look like a good deal.

23 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

Shhhh.. it's an "inside" secret.  😉

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 11:37 AM, delluser said:

thanks!

Price for 2?

We have done a few of the "Deluxe Balconies" and find them a decent option.  But, we than realized that doing the lowest category Mini-Suites made a lot more sense in terms of bang for the buck.  

Hank