Survey

Same, Ports of Call survey.  I took the survey.  I'll have to admit, I didn't know anything about 80% of the ports listed (Caribbean) and the private islands other than Coco Cay and Labadee.  Though I thought some of the island names were for other cruise lines private locations.  (Great Stirrup Cay for one)

I am refusing to do surveys anymore. And if this entails dining staff or room stewards not getting recognition in the form of 10’s then so be it. I honestly do not think they take these after cruise surveys seriously. It is just going through the motions regardless of how they want us to believe that our input is valued. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Last cruise we were on

We went to MDR one night (others were specialty)

Before we had even had a chance to order , the waiter told us he needed a 10 and not his fault if food comes out cold or not good (but to let him know if not to our liking)

I was gobsmacked 😶 

Survey says 0/10

Just one of the reasons we avoid the MDR as much as possible 

and before anyone tries to justify the waiters actions, please understand the context 

Nancy

Personally I do not see the value in specialty restaurants so I stick to the MDR. Never in 20+ cruises on RCL have I had a waitstaff ask for 10’a early in the cruise. Its usually a couple of nights prior to the end. I can also say that for the most part I have given 10’s but in reality many were 6-8 ratings. Never been so unhappy that I would give a 0

Just now, schooner_Drinker said:

I meant after 142+ cruises it had happened before at various times when we used to eat in the MDR 

I was cheerleading a little louder 

I’m waiting for the “WE HAVE NEVER BEEN AKSED TO GIVE 10/10” even after 500 cruises 

They are coming 😉

Ah I see. Well the Anthem TA in Oct had a more subtle (lol) approach. They had the parade if waiters every other night to justify their importance. It was absolutely annoying, interruptive and in your face. Now I have noticed that the head waiters are aggressively what I call tip surfing. They do not allow for a relaxed atmosphere. It may have been that ship and not a new policy. At least that is what I am hoping. I felt like I was on my first cruise on a three day. Not a 15 day TA as an experienced loyal to royal cruiser.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Last cruise we were on

We went to MDR one night (others were specialty)

Before we had even had a chance to order , the waiter told us he needed a 10 and not his fault if food comes out cold or not good (but to let him know if not to our liking)

I was gobsmacked 😶 

Survey says 0/10

Just one of the reasons we avoid the MDR as much as possible 

and before anyone tries to justify the waiters actions, please understand the context 

All the waiter did, took our order eventually and poured us a glass of water ( and wanted a 10/10)

I got really guilty not adding an extra cash tip NOT 

The waiter from another table (not ours) was more attentive 

Nancy

We had the UDP on our two cruises last month. They were even pushing it in the specialty restaurants. It's super annoying. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

As soon as I hear the word Survey 

We politely show them the 

IMG_3308.jpeg.cc2828518d3578537e635a10bc2044cc.jpeg

And that we understand 

Nancy 

I'm afraid I'm a little more blunt than that. I look them straight in the eye and say "From this point, every time I hear the word 'survey' I subtract a point."

They don't mention it agin.

• Haha 2

B2B on Wonder ended last week.  Breakfast in MDR was terrible.  Food edible, service horrible.  

C&A lunch both weeks in MDR, just as bad. 

Echoed my opinion on the survey after the first week.  If you think they don't pay attention to the survey (as I used to think)...think again.   We had CK manager and MDR manager contact us about the rating during the 2nd week.  Oh yeah, they notice.  

• Like 2