Eden has certainly fallen from Grace 😂

Waterluv

6 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Whatever you choose to pay for anything is opportunity cost.  It is your money to spend.  My DH and I had an awful meal the first time we ate there, so no plans to return whatever the cost.  Celebrity is testing the waters with everything onboard using supply and demand.  There are people who will pay whatever to enjoy the ship their way, until the money needs to go for other things than disposable income.  Everyone has a point of no return!

We use a term in business- “revenue enhancement”.   The whole cruise industry is definitely in the mode of charging for items that used to be included as well as charging more for items that currently are an extra charge for if people are willing to pay X then they may be willing to pay Y (or at least some people will). 

We ate in Eden on Beyond last week. The dinner was fabulous as was the service.  However we won't pay the higher prices, and we won't pay the ridiculous high prices for a Sky Suite.  It's just not worth it to us, especially since service on the ship is lacking in some areas.  

I'm not one to shy away from splurging on a vacation, but you'll never catch me dropping $75 for one single dinner at Eden when I could eat somewhere else (with great food) for free. I enjoy the ambiance in Eden so I'll just sit there with a drink if anything.

Edited by critic2023
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IDL said:

We use a term in business- “revenue enhancement”.   The whole cruise industry is definitely in the mode of charging for items that used to be included as well as charging more for items that currently are an extra charge for if people are willing to pay X then they may be willing to pay Y (or at least some people will). 

I hate that term “revenue enhancement” almost as much as enhancement itself!  Everything is enhanced because they say it is: however, It could also mean the lowering of prices, not to mention actually "enhancing the product” which is rarely what happens!🫤  Ahhh, but it’s all a game anyway and so far, stockholders are winning, so you could almost pay for one person for Eden maybe two depending on you shareholders OBC...🤑

Edited by Lastdance

56 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Wow!  I guess demand is driving that price.  So lucky we booked on a real sale several months ago for an upcoming TA. 

I totally agree: I am living well with my additional four cruises that were booked before all of this happened, so I will smile for a while, then adjust my mindset when booking my next cruise...

Edited by Lastdance

11 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

I have booked Eden on the Edge for this summer in Alaska. 
I have heard others say that the music was so loud they couldn’t enjoy conversation. 
I would like to know when the loud music is played.

Just to put it in perspective in case you haven’t been on that type of ship is that Eden is a big place with several sections.

There is the Eden Cafe, an area with a bar, seating and stage for hanging out casually and listening to music when it’s playing, and you go down a set of stairs to the Eden dining venue.  All of these sections are open to each other.  

Problem is that each sailing may vary when a performer is in the Eden bar that may be heard when you’re in the dining venue.

I think our dinner was around 6pm and we started out quiet but soon after we’re drowned out by loud music from the bar area

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Just to put it in perspective in case you haven’t been on that type of ship is that Eden is a big place with several sections.

There is the Eden Cafe, an area with a bar, seating and stage for hanging out casually and listening to music when it’s playing, and you go down a set of stairs to the Eden dining venue.  All of these sections are open to each other.  

Problem is that each sailing may vary when a performer is in the Eden bar that may be heard when you’re in the dining venue.

I think our dinner was around 6pm and we started out quiet but soon after we’re drowned out by loud music from the bar area

True.  We were lucky back in August on the Edge, as the music was on a quieter side (I think we dined from roughly 6:30-8:30pm).  And our service was top notch.  In fact our Eden meal was the highlight of our on-board dining, and one of the best meals we've eaten on X.

Having said that, we used excess OBC to pay for it--and with the added service charge plus the added 20% Spanish VAT it cost us $320 for the four of us!!  I would not have paid for that out of pocket.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 7:51 PM, jelayne said:

We were in Eden a week ago and didn’t feel it was worth the $54 pp including tip we paid when we booked during a flash sale.  We would not go again at $54 much less $78 +tip.

What are your thoughts on breakfast or lunch there?

7 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

We love Eden breakfast and will do that about half the time (but for us, dinner is a big no as well)

Breakfast or lunch are good if you want something light. 

8 hours ago, jobinhume said:

What are your thoughts on breakfast or lunch there?

Eden restaurant is not the same as the Eden Cafe.   

Having said that the Eden Cafe is fantastic for breakfast and lunch.  As more people find this little gem (which is not open ever day) it gets very busy and often hard to find a place to sit.   Definitely a must try. 

As far as dinner at Eden, we used OBC and had a fantastic meal on the Apex last month.  But not sure I would want to pay for any specialty restaurants if I didn't have OBC.