Fort Lauderdale hotels maybe a little away from the cruise port

hrmkr

Hello,

We are sailing out of Port Everglades in late February and trying to find a nice hotel for 1 night.  While researching, found that hotels near the cruise port are extremely expensive.  Trying to find a decent, reasonably priced hotel maybe a little bit away (near Airport, Dania Beach or Hollywood). 

A few factors we need to keep in mind, our flight arrives around 9:00 am so we would have the hotel hold our bags and we would head to the beach to relax for the day. So I know if we stay near the airport, it will cost us more to get an uber to/from the beach along with the uber costing more to get us to the cruise port.  Both of those added expenses could offset staying closer to the cruise port.

I have looked through multiple threads and wanted to get some more opinions.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

How do you define "reasonably priced"? That could mean a wide range of things, and also your definition may not be in contact with reality on the ground. Then add in the cost of transport...

Plus, you are going at peak winter season, and you are booking a little late. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

How do you define "reasonably priced"? That could mean a wide range of things, and also your definition may not be in contact with reality on the ground. Then add in the cost of transport...

Plus, you are going at peak winter season, and you are booking a little late. 

Several places were in the $350+ range.  I know I could probably find a rat trap for much less.  Not looking for that. Maybe in the $250-$275 range?

4 hours ago, hrmkr said:

our flight arrives around 9:00 am so we would have the hotel hold our bags and we would head to the beach to relax for the day.

Beach for the day?  I guess you have the Fort Lauderdale beach in mind?  If this is important to you, I suggest you re-evaluate where you want to stay so that you don't waste much of your day (and afternoon daylight) farting around with luggage, taxis, ubers, etc... and the overall cost of this additional transportation.

28 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Beach for the day?  I guess you have the Fort Lauderdale beach in mind?  If this is important to you, I suggest you re-evaluate where you want to stay so that you don't waste much of your day (and afternoon daylight) farting around with luggage, taxis, ubers, etc... and the overall cost of this additional transportation.

I am taking all of that into account. Looking for options. The luggage will be no issue if we can leave it at the front desk until check in time.  That is why I am also checking out Dania and Hollywood

9 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

I am taking all of that into account. Looking for options. The luggage will be no issue if we can leave it at the front desk until check in time.  That is why I am also checking out Dania and Hollywood

OK.  We are staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites Dania in mid-December.  It's not particularlly close to 'the beach' bit I don't believe for the price point you're looking at that you will get very close in any event.  It is close to FLL and the cruise terminal and has breakfast and a pool.

Fort Lauderdale's airport and Port Everglades are adjacent to each other (the cruise port is northeast of the airport, Dania is south of the airport).

Dania beach has somewhat limited public beach access, outside of the state park (Its a perfectly lovely state park. I've spent hundreds if not a thousand or more hours there- my father used to work at facilities only accessible by road through the park)

Quarterdeck, at the east end of Dania Beach Boulevard, at the Dania pier, is highly reliable, pretty reasonable, and dining at the ocean's edge.  

49 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

Fort Lauderdale's airport and Port Everglades are adjacent to each other (the cruise port is northeast of the airport, Dania is south of the airport).

Dania beach has somewhat limited public beach access, outside of the state park (Its a perfectly lovely state park. I've spent hundreds if not a thousand or more hours there- my father used to work at facilities only accessible by road through the park)

Quarterdeck, at the east end of Dania Beach Boulevard, at the Dania pier, is highly reliable, pretty reasonable, and dining at the ocean's edge.  

Any recommendations for hotels in Dania?