Are Fresh Floral Arrangements Still Delivered To Suites?

hernando52

We'll be going on a 2 week cruise and have booked a non-Haven suite.  We did a similar trip last year and NCL provided a small but lovely fresh floral arrangement in the room.  Since that trip it seems that you can't order flowers as a gift for yourself.  Has NCL done away with this suite perk?

21 minutes ago, hernando52 said:

I was afraid that would be the answer......I'm not anti-cactus but it sure isn't as nice as fresh flowers....Thanks for the feedback.

Cost saving. No flowers for suites. No flowers to order. 

This poor little succulent is the saddest thing you can imagine. And they added fresh flowers to the prohibited items list along with drugs, guns, and knives. 
IMG_3438.thumb.jpeg.5bdfef827a2a36024797f07def4901c2.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 2

As mentioned, succulents have replaced the fresh flower arrangement - even in the Heaven.  Plus it's no longer offered to order flowers and fresh flowers are now banned from bringing on board - this doesn't make any sense.  

I completely understand why you can't debark with flowers, plants, etc. as they could be harboring unwanted insects....but NCL not allowing any flowers pre-bought on board by passengers or florists I don't get....If I had suitcase space I'd brighten up my stateroom by bringing a fake Christmas tree or poinsettia on board!!  Is that on the forbidden list with the guns, knives & drugs??  It's not the end of the world, but it was always such a nice touch that NCL provided for us.

Our last cruise, we noticed our succulent had several tiny bugs crawling on it upon checking into our room.    We quickly had our steward take it away and asked that it did not get replaced.  They were on the plant, dirt, and on the table where it was sitting.  Wigged me out for a bit, but hit the Haven bar for a few drinks and I was quickly over it!

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...
On 11/19/2023 at 11:33 AM, BirdTravels said:

Cost saving. No flowers for suites. No flowers to order. 

This poor little succulent is the saddest thing you can imagine. And they added fresh flowers to the prohibited items list along with drugs, guns, and knives. 
IMG_3438.thumb.jpeg.5bdfef827a2a36024797f07def4901c2.jpeg

That is one sad plant. Staying in the Haven this November. Expected better. I’d prefer some small (quality) art piece.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SEAgent said:

That is one sad plant. Staying in the Haven this November. Expected better. I’d prefer some small (quality) art piece.

This Sept. will be our first post-Covid Haven cruise. I probably wouldn’t have even noticed the absence of the floral arrangement! But, now that I’ve read this thread, I’ll lament its loss! 😁

IMG_2202.jpeg

Edited by roddy good boy

Posted (edited)

That is sad!  Who in their right minds finds that aesthetically pleasing?  I like succulents, have had them myself.  But, like any indoor plant, it needs to be an arrangement, not a "stuck in a glass pot."  Yuck.  That looks like something left too long in a high school greenhouse.

Edited by gzmtlock
remove unintended underlining
  • Like 1

Again, to me, doing away with fresh flowers could be cost cutting. But removing the sale of flowers is the complete opposite and prohibiting them from being brought onboad likely means that NCL got nailed in some inspection for having plant-based bugs and this was their kneejerk reaction. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Again, to me, doing away with fresh flowers could be cost cutting. But removing the sale of flowers is the complete opposite and prohibiting them from being brought onboad likely means that NCL got nailed in some inspection for having plant-based bugs and this was their kneejerk reaction. 

My guess it’s mostly cost cutting. Those flowers would only last the week. They can just leave those same succulents indefinitely.

For your convenience Haven guest rooms will now feature a pet rock instead of a floral arrangement.  No need for watering or special care. They can last forever and provide hours of entertainment for the little ones. Platinum Latitude members get choice of color and special display dish.

gty_pet_rock_150401.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7