Sail Standby for $49 a day- new program

BermudaBound2014

Great news on your clearing the List

Quick question:

How is HAL communicating with you?  All via email?  Phone?  You must check your booking online yourself to learn what's happening?

Thanks and Bon Voyage

3 hours ago, crmc said:

Definitely the Nieuw Amsterdam. Just assigned an inside on deck 6. We're in an Airbnb in Ft Lauderdale until tomorrow and planning to spend a couple more weeks in Florida when we return, so, yes, we're packed.

Congrats!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LBCABob said:

Great news on your clearing the List

Quick question:

How is HAL communicating with you?  All via email?  Phone?  You must check your booking online yourself to learn what's happening?

Thanks and Bon Voyage

I booked through my travel agent and received an email from her.

• Thanks 1

Wow, am I glad I found this thread!

Quite some time ago we booked the standby offer for the 5 day April 30 Noordam out of Vancouver. We were still under the 7 day impression. So if we haven’t heard anything by April 29, we will have the car gassed, and the bags packed. We’re a 2 hour drive from the port, so even morning of will work. 90 minutes, not so much. My fingers are crossed.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Quite some time ago we booked the standby offer for the 5 day April 30 Noordam out of Vancouver. We were still under the 7 day impression. So if we haven’t heard anything by April 29, we will have the car gassed, and the bags packed. We’re a 2 hour drive from the port, so even morning of will work. 90 minutes, not so much. My fingers are crossed.

Please come back and let us know the outcome. 🤞 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Skvalloney said:

We got word yesterday (Tuesday) that our standby on Rotterdam for Feb 16-25 is a GO. Confirmed by email from HAL.

Congrats!! Do you know what type cabin you got?

5 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I'm in the same position. I would need at least two hours to get to San Diego. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Congrats!! Do you know what type cabin you got?

Inside as of now. That was the understanding when booking. Have heard some folks were upgraded. Not holding my breath. Judt glad to go.☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, 2LoveBikes said:

To ALL - at what point were you allowed to CHECK-IN before you received confirmation that you were CONFIRMED to travel?  Thanks

We were able to check in (on line) almost as soon as we received the booking number - about 20 days out from embarkation.  However, we were not able to access the final boarding docs until we received the email about ~48 hours prior to departure.  Even then the boarding pass had no bar code, so we had to the check in counter to have them re-enter most of what we had done for online check in.  And, as indicated previously, our account and HIA package took a few days to stabilize.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:18 PM, SeeSun&Sea said:

Do you get any Mariner Points for cruising stand-by?

Thanks for all the reports!

Yep - we got 14 points for a 7-day standby cruise, Aft Vista Suite with HIA package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 2LoveBikes said:

To ALL - at what point were you allowed to CHECK-IN before you received confirmation that you were CONFIRMED to travel?  Thanks

My husband is on the standby list for a 3/16/24 sailing and I did his online check-in last weekend. There's no boarding pass, and the stateroom number on the luggage tag is blank, but the rest is done. If he clears the list he'll just need a boarding pass and can hand-write the number on the luggage tag if he's going to check a bag.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2