Black Friday Sale with 30 to 50% off

PaulMCO

I was very surprised with this sale as I saw a presentation in which it was very emphatically stated there would never be discounts just price increases no matter what the passenger (or is it guest) load ended up being.  Bookings must be pretty bad.  Anyway, today I grabbed a last minute Barbados to Miami 16 day at the end of January. Since I can live with economy seating to the Caribbean, I booked reward AA miles from CLE to BGI for only 10K miles pp.  For a very nominal amount I got preferred economy. 

No additional extended journey discount was offered as in the terms and conditions.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

The sale ends at the end of 4 December - you still have time to book. I have a friend booking today 

Good point i am booked on Oceania Vista on January plus family trip in April so will timing wise wait for now

Thanks for looking out for me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Correct - extended to 11 December - now there’s a surprise…

Book by 11 December 2023 and enjoy up to 50% Value Savings* on select journeys.

Will the sale ever end.

Seabourn have had a sale for the last two years 😀

• Like 1

If you have booked a 2024 EXP2 cruise, better check your routing, as it might have changed. Not for the better of course, at least not in my case. They added such dazzling and exciting ports like Cozumel and New Orleans, and dropped more exotic ones like Panama and Costa Rica. Again ! 

This is the second complete rerouting for me, original I booked the Indian Ocean. 

Well done Explora. The fourth routing change for the two ships. They all end up now in the exact same ports like all the other big ships. Only difference is, everybody else is reliable and mostly cheaper. What are they thinking? They don’t at all, I believe. 

Ocean State of Mind   Exotic extended journeys     What a joke ! 

I guess its time for them to cancel Explora 3, as they seem to be unable to fulfill the needs and taste of their clientele ,plus they run out of ports they might or might not end up going to…

A huge disappointment, again. I am not sure yet, how to deal with it, probably finally cancel the whole cruise. 
What a joke of a company. 

34 minutes ago, mike@sea said:

If you have booked a 2024 EXP2 cruise, better check your routing, as it might have changed. Not for the better of course, at least not in my case.

Wow you’re right - I just checked our planned trans Atlantic in April 2025 on Explora II and it’s disappeared! Replaced by a shortened crossing in March 2025 albeit now with a 40% discount as opposed to the previous 30% discount and there’s a slightly better option (but shorter) on Explora I in April 

I’ve asked our TA to find out what is going on but this is pretty disappointing if it’s correct, although this far out it’s not like any associated plans/commitments have been made 

• Thanks 1

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have made these itinerary changes BEFORE offering a discount/sale.  I mean I knew there was no way they could keep some of the ports, but why not get that all figured out before you offer a sale. 

I’m beyond frustrated with the corporate side of this company and I don’t see how TA’s can continue to promote them over other luxury lines with all the miscommunication and total lack of regard for the client. 

• Like 1

How can customers even make any plans with Explora? I was about to book (and went as far as getting a hold on two cabins), but now leaning toward letting that option pass and saving myself from future frustration should they redeploy yet again.

Also I'm worried that they'll make cost-cutting decisions, meaning that even if my sailing did proceed as planned, it's too far out for me to have any confidence that the product will still be the same thing they're promoting today.

Edited by peder

3 minutes ago, peder said:

How can customers even make any plans with Explora? I was about to book (and went as far as getting a hold on two cabins), but now leaning toward letting that option pass and saving myself from future frustration should they redeploy yet again.

Also I'm worried that they'll make cost-cutting decisions, meaning that even if my sailing did proceed as planned, it's too far out for me to have any confidence that the product will still be the same thing they're promoting today.

These are real concerns given the state of affairs at this time. The current product offerred is excellent and food extraordinary. If the lowered cruise fare are reflected  in the quality of the cruise offering that is something we do not know yet but are yet very important considerations in booking.

• Like 1

I've been attempting to reach someone on the phone for several days and haven't been successful. I've sent an email as well, but I have yet to receive a response. I'm not sure what's going on at Explora, but this is getting out of hand. 

19 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

That increased discounts a bad thing?

Sadly YES, increased discounts are a bad thing, and everyone knows why...

Included Moet? Gone with the discounts.

Included wines? One red, one white, one rose... Whatever minimally adequate on the Azamara/Viking level they can find.

Sakura and Marble? It will be a pay for.

SPA? It will be included for residences and a pay for everyone else.

Internet? A pay for.

And so on...

Sadly, like I would to expect MSC has, and will have, no say on the RSS/SB/SS/HL/NC level, because that is a very close, small niche market that is very well served out of a very well established number of competitors. If both RCI, CCL and NCL groups manage to remain as stable as they were before the pandemic, recovering their businesses, and chances are that yes, then MSC will need to scale down EJ to the level they have ever been on.

There are no miracles. And at least here in CC, they were advised far in advance!...

Regarding the over changing itineraries: Does the Israeli war have any say on that this time? If yes, that is not their fault to say the least. Otherwise, they're returning to my crazy cruise lines list in a minute...

Edited by Nunagoras

4 minutes ago, Ljames23 said:

I've been attempting to reach someone on the phone for several days and haven't been successful. I've sent an email as well, but I have yet to receive a response. I'm not sure what's going on at Explora, but this is getting out of hand. 

I called earlier this morning and got through right away.  At least one of the problems with my check in was corrected.  I had tried the call back appointment scheduling which proved useless.  The "ambassador" told me the website was down. 

Explora needs to get its act together.

I saw this morning that a cruise I have booked for next October has had a port change. I received no notice from Explora. Only found out when I was rechecking to see if there was a pricing change which there wasn’t. In comparison when Oceania changed a few ports on a booked cruise, I received an email from them with an apology and some additional ship board credits.

8 minutes ago, Lenbro1944 said:

I saw this morning that a cruise I have booked for next October has had a port change. I received no notice from Explora. Only found out when I was rechecking to see if there was a pricing change which there wasn’t

They only changed them yesterday - have you checked with your TA to see if they have been notified - I suspect they’ll be getting notifications out to those impacted over the next few days 

If your cruise is next Oct will a 24-48 hour delay in getting the notification of a port change really impact you?