Queen Anne Princess Grill bathrooms...

Thetis22

On 11/23/2023 at 11:11 AM, Thetis22 said:

Also looks like much less wardrobe space than QM2 PG cabins 🫤

And seems even less wardrobe/walk-in closet space than PG on Vistas too. In PG on QM2, we are spoiled with tons of storage room and a well sized bathroom but the living area on Vistas and QA look more defined and relaxed than the somewhat clumsy placed sofa, table, and chair in front of the bed and balcony door on QM2. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NE John said:

And seems even less wardrobe/walk-in closet space than PG on Vistas too. In PG on QM2, we are spoiled with tons of storage room and a well sized bathroom but the living area on Vistas and QA look more defined and relaxed than the somewhat clumsy placed sofa, table, and chair in front of the bed and balcony door on QM2. 

Agree, although I like being able to see the sea from the bed in the QM2 cabin

From whats posted it is a bit disappointing looking.  Doesn't look much bigger then a mini suite on a Princess ship.  I would have expected more on Cunard.

Thanks for posting this.

• Like 3

To sum it up, PG "suites" on QA are smaller (about 70 sq. ft. smaller than on QM2 and 33 sq. ft vs. QE/QV), no bath tub, no walk in closet, a windowless Grills lounge, PG has about double the capacity as QE/QV, the Grills Deck is not self contained like on QE/QV, no proper Promenade Deck but a narrow viewless walkthrough.... what's not to like?  But according to "The Cunarder", "we" asked them "be bold"....!  You gotta love it and I guess someone has to. Not me. 

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

To sum it up, PG "suites" on QA are smaller (about 70 sq. ft. smaller than on QM2 and 33 sq. ft vs. QE/QV), no bath tub, no walk in closet, a windowless Grills lounge, PG has about double the capacity as QE/QV, the Grills Deck is not self contained like on QE/QV, no proper Promenade Deck but a narrow viewless walkthrough.... what's not to like?  But according to "The Cunarder", "we" asked them "be bold"....!  You gotta love it and I guess someone has to. Not me. 

We will try/trial/have a look see etc etc before we damn the ship and as an aside, if we were to book PG, we would be delighted with a walk in shower. Also, I don't think my clothes will be too bothered whether the wardrobe be walk in or a  closed one. 

We will see the rest for ourselves before giving of a verdict.

• Like 7

Odd, this "cannot damn without seeing" idea... I have never had amebic dysentery or gone on a camping trip with Vladimir Putin to know from what I've seen and read to not want to experience either personally.  The whole idea of the cruise brochure, the deck plan, the renderings of public rooms is to elicit the desire to go. Or not.  There is plenty out there on QA to make me not want to risk or waste $24,000 of my money to experience something firsthand that is wholly unappealing at a distance.

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Haha 1

I am not sure the comparison is entirely just. There are plenty of those who have had amoebic dysentery, who can tell us how dire it is. The ship isn’t finished yet: nobody has seen it. I expect actual photographs of the interiors, and the accounts of the experiences of those who go on the early voyages, will be influential in helping me form a view, probably more influential than the information we have so far, though I admit there are some rather discouraging signs - but some good ones as well, like the glorious soaring ceiling of the Britannia Restaurant.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Odd, this "cannot damn without seeing" idea... I have never had amebic dysentery or gone on a camping trip with Vladimir Putin to know from what I've seen and read to not want to experience either personally.  The whole idea of the cruise brochure, the deck plan, the renderings of public rooms is to elicit the desire to go. Or not.  There is plenty out there on QA to make me not want to risk or waste $24,000 of my money to experience something firsthand that is wholly unappealing at a distance.

Strangely enough, I think not wanting to experience Dysentery or chance a meeting with Mr Putin is hardly a fair comparison  with not wanting to travel on a ship which as yet, has not been experienced by anyone and therefore is an unknown quantity.

Whilst I can understand the bare bones sound unappealing to you, to damn it as much as you have done, without having any actual knowledge of the finished product is a case of damning without seeing.

Edited by Victoria2
forgot to add 'not'
  • Like 4

According to maritime historian Chris Frame, loyal Cunard pax revolted when the QE2 was initially shown, with its 1960’s “modern” look. Such a departure from the classic liners. 
Indeed, every new ship, Vista’s included, has been met with resistance and now are beloved. Including QM2!
QA looks to have enough Cunard signatures onboard to make it worthwhile to check out. I agree, let’s await the final product. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NE John said:

According to maritime historian Chris Frame, loyal Cunard pax revolted when the QE2 was initially shown, with its 1960’s “modern” look. Such a departure from the classic liners. 
Indeed, every new ship, Vista’s included, has been met with resistance and now are beloved. Including QM2!
QA looks to have enough Cunard signatures onboard to make it worthwhile to check out. I agree, let’s await the final product. 

Oh, the comments on here, when QE2 retired and QV (at the second attempt) replaced her, were far, far, more negative then anything that has been thrown at QA, and yet, there it is, often full of happy passengers. Strange. I don’t suppose we will ever know what percentage of the people who swore they would never set foot on the mongrel non-Cunard, non-liner, really never did.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, NE John said:

I know we weren't impressed with the idea of QA initially but reality bit as we have no choice. QE is in distant seas, QV is fly/cruising and QM2 is a no no.

We have quite a few cruises  booked '24 and '25 so are keeping our fingers crossed we won't dislike the product.

I will be subjective when giving an opinion but will balance it with being  objective too.

• Like 3

Well I am looking forward to it. I can’t see anything not to like but then I am easily pleased. I can’t be bothered to stress about cupboard and drawer space or bathroom configurations. Only negative thing I can think of is,  understandably the itineraries are more expensive but hey ho it’s my choice to book at that price. Oh and I hope the Golden Lion menu has not been messed with or then I might be tempted to have a little moan. 😂🍽

• Like 4

Winifred 22 I decided long ago, compared to some who cruise with Cunard, I too am a paid up member of the easily pleased club.

Sure there are occasional small niggles [large if you catch Covid or the G.L. menu has been 'modified'] but overall life onboard Cunard ships is pretty darned good.👍

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Winifred 22 I decided long ago, compared to some who cruise with Cunard, I too am a paid up member of the easily pleased club.

Sure there are occasional small niggles [large if you catch Covid or the G.L. menu has been 'modified'] but overall life onboard Cunard ships is pretty darned good.👍

I think I’m easily pleased too. The thing that would really ruin my first QA cruise is something even those who blame Cunard for everything would admit is beyond their control: two week of cold, dull, wet, stormy weather.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 2

While I never say "never" there is almost nothing about the QA that appeals to me. The walk-in shower in PG (it's about time that older people or anyone with mobility issues can have a shower in that category) is the only aspect.  I agree with WantedOnVoyage that you don't have to experience something to know it isn't to your taste. 

Of course, to do a fair and detailed critique requires first-hand experience, but I know I would not enjoy a cruise on Carnival Cruises and  some other lines without experiencing it. As much as I enjoy live theatre, I would not attend one of these new rock musicals because I know I would hate every minute of it.  

So it's not as simple as people condemning something they haven't seen or experienced.  People know what they like and don't like and spend their money accordingly. As for the attitude many had about the QE2 when it was new, much of the ship's interior changed - mostly for the better - every time we were on board between 1973 and 2008. By the time of our last crossing we liked the QE2 more than ever.

There have been comments on this forum to the effect of: "I have never been on the QM2 and will never travel on it because I don't like it."  That seems to have been acceptable, so the same tolerance should be granted to others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

While I never say "never" there is almost nothing about the QA that appeals to me. The walk-in shower in PG (it's about time that older people or anyone with mobility issues can have a shower in that category) is the only aspect.  I agree with WantedOnVoyage that you don't have to experience something to know it isn't to your taste. 

Of course, to do a fair and detailed critique requires first-hand experience, but I know I would not enjoy a cruise on Carnival Cruises and  some other lines without experiencing it. As much as I enjoy live theatre, I would not attend one of these new rock musicals because I know I would hate every minute of it.  

So it's not as simple as people condemning something they haven't seen or experienced.  People know what they like and don't like and spend their money accordingly. As for the attitude many had about the QE2 when it was new, much of the ship's interior changed - mostly for the better - every time we were on board between 1973 and 2008. By the time of our last crossing we liked the QE2 more than ever.

There have been comments on this forum to the effect of: "I have never been on the QM2 and will never travel on it because I don't like it."  That seems to have been acceptable, so the same tolerance should be granted to others.

"I have never been on the QM2 and will never travel on it because I don't like it."  That seems to have been acceptable, so the same tolerance should be granted to others.

I must have missed that so can't comment but there is a world of difference between saying an unknown product doesn't appeal judging by reports of that product, and damning a product  without actual experience.knowledge,

Some members have been exceptionally derogatory about the ship and yes, in isolated comments, about the passengers who will enjoy the new ship too so in my case it's a case of 'don't damn a product if you have no experience of it'.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Oh, the comments on here, when QE2 retired and QV (at the second attempt) replaced her, were far, far, more negative then anything that has been thrown at QA, and yet, there it is, often full of happy passengers. Strange. I don’t suppose we will ever know what percentage of the people who swore they would never set foot on the mongrel non-Cunard, non-liner, really never did.

As the one who attributed “mongrel” to Anne, can confirm we have seven future Cunard Voyages booked, none of which are on Anne.

31 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

As the one who attributed “mongrel” to Anne, can confirm we have seven future Cunard Voyages booked, none of which are on Anne.

That’s your choice but please allow those of us who are looking forward to her the chancel sailing on her  to do so without being made to feel like we are putting up with 2nd best. I am looking very much looking forward to my 2024 14 nights voyage  I also have several other bookings on QV and QM2 but there is still time an capacity  for further Queen Anne bookings. At least with all those on here not wanting to sail there will be plenty of availability for those of us that do. 

• Like 4

Guest SilverHengroen
On 11/24/2023 at 4:35 PM, NE John said:

This is something I struggle to understand, on this site people rave about how the PG suites on QM2 are far superior as they're squarer in shape, but to me they look like a small bedroom that's had too much furniture crammed in that you're forever squeezing past, while on QE/QV it does at least feel more like a condensed suite of rooms. You've got a separate feeling 'sitting room' outboard, with the 'bedroom' in the middle and the bathroom inboard. I suppose if you want the maximum balcony space possible I could see where QM2 offers a better set up, but other than that I think the Vistas make better use of space. It's a shame they've squeezed the size further on Queen Anne, though. If they'd made the bathroom smaller with the shower rather than a bathtub, and given the extra space over to more storage or space in the cabin itself I might have considered it a decent tradeoff.

56 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Actually I was referring to the general sort of thing people said about the QV, while she was being built, or even more when Arcadia was being built, but yes, now I remember you saying that about QA. Sorry for the confusion.

1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

Like you, I would never go to a rock musical, because I loathe rock music. However, I have, often inadvertently, heard enough of it to know how unhappy I would be at such a musical. Same with Carnival. I have read enough actual experiences and seen enough actual photos to know I wouldn’t enjoy much about a Carnival cruise. We just don’t have that sort of info about QA, so I am biding my time, and hoping she is nice, especially as I have limited other choices, as I don’t do flying (except possibly very short journeys in very small planes).

• Like 1