And Just Like That.....All Checked In!!!!

slavetoabunny

1 minute ago, SoloAlaska said:

You’ve got your passports you’re good to go. Maybe the bloggers weren’t American or maybe the story was complicated like if they had criminal issues in the US or something I don’t know. So many Americans get mad at Canada when we don’t let them in because of criminal issues which they consider minor (aka DUI). You rarely get the full story from vloggers.

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.. I just finished packing today.. Everything is in packing cubes & when I watched the video & they said they were sailing out of New York & denied boarding a Caribbean cruise due to no travel visa, I just about lost my breakfast, my stomach sank because I thought maybe something changed that did not catch in my OCD preparation self. 🙂 Feel better, thank you!!!

20 hours ago, DominicAUS said:

The day I don’t get giddy checking in or prepping for a trip is the day I stop travelling. 32 days until I leave and 43 days until I board the Bliss. 

Enjoy your trip

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bliss, that was our last sailing prior to Covid !!! We are sailing on the Encore on December 10.. Just a few more days!!!! This will be our 3rd time to reschedule a cruise on the Encore since Covid.. Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm !!! All packed, all checked in & ready to go !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Simple.  We all know that NCL cruise ship deaths have skyrocketed since they stopped that critical in person cluster/muster, but I just choose to ignore that FACT and pretend that I'm just as safe with a silly video.  Livin on the edge baby....👻

I was told by that the purpose of the in-person drill was the training of the crew in herding passengers to their assigned muster stations and that it was obvious that I didn't understand training.  Twenty-two years in the military and I didn't understand how to train people.

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

I was told by that the purpose of the in-person drill was the training of the crew in herding passengers to their assigned muster stations and that it was obvious that I didn't understand training.  Twenty-two years in the military and I didn't understand how to train people.

Yep.  And I'm sure that herding bored, drunk, resistant passengers to some silly acting event is just the same as controlling a panicked crowd who have just learned that their ship is sinking.  I mean, what would be different? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep.  And I'm sure that herding bored, drunk, resistant passengers to some silly acting event is just the same as controlling a panicked crowd who have just learned that their ship is sinking.  I mean, what would be different? 🤣

They should just announce last call way too early and have the staff manage the crowd 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I have cruised quite a few times on Carnival, but my first NCL cruise is leaving in just over 3 weeks. My question is about the online check-in. I know it will be open 21 days prior to departure, which is Sunday, 1/7. With Carnival, online check-in opens up at 12:01 a.m., eastern time, since they are located in Florida. Since I am in California, I always go into the booking at 9:01 p.m., pacific time and do my check-in. Is it the same for NCL?

1 minute ago, thekidsandi said:

I have cruised quite a few times on Carnival, but my first NCL cruise is leaving in just over 3 weeks. My question is about the online check-in. I know it will be open 21 days prior to departure, which is Sunday, 1/7. With Carnival, online check-in opens up at 12:01 a.m., eastern time, since they are located in Florida. Since I am in California, I always go into the booking at 9:01 p.m., pacific time and do my check-in. Is it the same for NCL?

Yes 12:01 Eastern time. We leave for our Cruise in the Haven on the Escape in 3 days!!!

Just now, wolft927 said:

Yes 12:01 Eastern time. We leave for our Cruise in the Haven on the Escape in 3 days!!!

Thank you so much for the prompt response! Cruising on an unfamiliar cruise line is very overwhelming for me, so I have many questions. Have a wonderful cruise!!

14 minutes ago, thekidsandi said:

Yes, exactly the same

9 hours ago, thekidsandi said:

Cruising on an unfamiliar cruise line is very overwhelming for me, so I have many questions.

Sometimes half the fun is just taking everything as comes, however it comes, and not knowing (or caring) whether you're doing it "wrong".