Premier Package, Single Booking with Multiple Segments

beg3yrs

Now that the packages have been around for a while, I'd like to hear from people who booked a multi-segment cruise with a single booking number and the Premier Package. Specifically I want to know if you received two specialty dinners for each segment or were you limited to two for the whole booking?

Looking at my travel summary, it lists the "value" of the specialty dinners as if it was for two dinners for each segment. However way back there were posts (before this was well established) that regardless of the number of segments, you would only get two dinners. Now it's time for first-hand experiences to be shared!

5 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Now that the packages have been around for a while, I'd like to hear from people who booked a multi-segment cruise with a single booking number and the Premier Package. Specifically I want to know if you received two specialty dinners for each segment or were you limited to two for the whole booking?

Looking at my travel summary, it lists the "value" of the specialty dinners as if it was for two dinners for each segment. However way back there were posts (before this was well established) that regardless of the number of segments, you would only get two dinners. Now it's time for first-hand experiences to be shared!

When ever we have booked say a 14 day also available as 2 7 day cruises the have been treated as 2 cruises. We sail in suites do each embarkation night a free specialty dinner and new mini bar set up (total of 4 since we are elite)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

When ever we have booked say a 14 day also available as 2 7 day cruises the have been treated as 2 cruises. We sail in suites do each embarkation night a free specialty dinner and new mini bar set up (total of 4 since we are elite)

Thanks, yes for suites and Elite mini-bars, Princess has always treated each segment as a new cruise regardless as to how it was booked. Previous posters opined way back that the Premier package specialty dinners would be treated differently. Trying to get some first-hand rock-hard no-doubt been-there-done-that answers on this question.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Thanks, yes for suites and Elite mini-bars, Princess has always treated each segment as a new cruise regardless as to how it was booked. Previous posters opined way back that the Premier package specialty dinners would be treated differently. Trying to get some first-hand rock-hard no-doubt been-there-done-that answers on this question.

Sorry but I only cruise with plus packages so I can’t refer to the rest of your question and the casual dining limit has not been in effect for my my latest b2b

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Sorry but I only cruise with plus packages so I can’t refer to the rest of your question and the casual dining limit has not been in effect for my my latest b2b

No problem. We too usually only cruise with the Plus package. For some reason our TA was able to procure the Premier package at no additional cost on a B2B2B (each segment is 7 days) this coming June on the Sun Princess. Hoping it's not going to be one of those "once you try it you can't go back" experiences like we had with overseas business class air travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Excellent question.  Last week I was wondering the same thing.  
Did you book directly with Princess or with a TA?

i cannot answer your question, because I have yet to take my cruise.  I last week I  booked a B2B as a single fourteen day cruise. (For an April Cruise) My document was different than yours.  

My invoice from Princess stated this. (See attached photo). It clearly shows only two speciality dinners from the Premier package.  

I immediately transferred to booking to my TA after receiving my usual  quote with a discount.  

This is what it said on my TA invoice for the single 14 day cruise.

“$250 onboard credit this promotion includes Princess Premier; Gsts 1&2 will receive the following: *PREMIER BEVERAGE PACKAGE with SERVICE CHARGE included for guests 21 years old or
older. Those under 21 will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package. *WI-FI is unlimited for guest 1 & 2 in the cabin, four devices per guest. *CREW APPRECIATION is pre- paid for applicable guests in the cabin *PREMIUM DESSERTS*JUICE BAR*FITNESS CLASSES (Unlimited for duration of voyage) *SPECIALTY DINING (2 Nights) *PREMIER PHOTO PKG *PRINCESS PRIZES *FREE MEDALLION SHIPPING *MEDALLION ACCESSORY *RESERVED THEATER SEATING”

I knew from previous experiences that I would receive two minibar set up for each 7 days.  One each for a suite and one each for being Elite.

I started to get concerned, especially since I am on the Enchanted and I knew a suite includes a free 360 experience.  So I was left wondering like you about whether I would receive 2 or 4 speciality restaurant dinners for the premier package.  ( and two 360 experiences.)

I closely checked  and compared the pricing of two seven day cruises to the 14 day cruise.  Due to my military OBC and a special last week (guessing),  Princess quoted me $200 OBC per 7 day cruise.  I only had a total OBC of $250 for the 14 day cruise, therefore it was cheaper to book two separate 7 days cruise.  ( included the exact same wording os my TA invoice for each it the two cruises). And I did not have to risk not getting the extra dinners.  After I received my discount from my TA, I had her cancel the 14 day cruise and book me as two 7 day cruises. I had to change cabins, but I booked the two 7 day cruises in the same cabin.

I am not sure why my invoices reflected something different than yours. Perhaps mine was just an error.  First by Princess and then by my TA.  

I also am looking forward to hearing answers from recent cruisers.

Good Luck to you.

IMG_0971.png

9 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Excellent question.  Last week I was wondering the same thing.  
Did you book directly with Princess or with a TA?

i cannot answer your question, because I have yet to take my cruise.  I last week I  booked a B2B as a single fourteen day cruise. (For an April Cruise) My document was different than yours.  

My invoice from Princess stated this. (See attached photo). It clearly shows only two speciality dinners from the Premier package.  

I immediately transferred to booking to my TA after receiving my usual  quote with a discount.  

This is what it said on my TA invoice for the single 14 day cruise.

“$250 onboard credit this promotion includes Princess Premier; Gsts 1&2 will receive the following: *PREMIER BEVERAGE PACKAGE with SERVICE CHARGE included for guests 21 years old or
older. Those under 21 will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package. *WI-FI is unlimited for guest 1 & 2 in the cabin, four devices per guest. *CREW APPRECIATION is pre- paid for applicable guests in the cabin *PREMIUM DESSERTS*JUICE BAR*FITNESS CLASSES (Unlimited for duration of voyage) *SPECIALTY DINING (2 Nights) *PREMIER PHOTO PKG *PRINCESS PRIZES *FREE MEDALLION SHIPPING *MEDALLION ACCESSORY *RESERVED THEATER SEATING”

I knew from previous experiences that I would receive two minibar set up for each 7 days.  One each for a suite and one each for being Elite.

I started to get concerned, especially since I am on the Enchanted and I knew a suite includes a free 360 experience.  So I was left wondering like you about whether I would receive 2 or 4 speciality restaurant dinners for the premier package.  ( and two 360 experiences.)

I closely checked  and compared the pricing of two seven day cruises to the 14 day cruise.  Due to my military OBC and a special last week (guessing),  Princess quoted me $200 OBC per 7 day cruise.  I only had a total OBC of $250 for the 14 day cruise, therefore it was cheaper to book two separate 7 days cruise.  ( included the exact same wording os my TA invoice for each it the two cruises). And I did not have to risk not getting the extra dinners.  After I received my discount from my TA, I had her cancel the 14 day cruise and book me as two 7 day cruises. I had to change cabins, but I booked the two 7 day cruises in the same cabin.

I am not sure why my invoices reflected something different than yours. Perhaps mine was just an error.  First by Princess and then by my TA.  

I also am looking forward to hearing answers from recent cruisers.

Good Luck to you.

IMG_0971.png

When we were in a suite on the Discovery on a 14 day in lieu of 2 8 day cruises we got 2 invites to 360 but passed on the 2nd week as we didn’t want to have the same meal twice

• Thanks 1

@jagoffee I booked with a TA so I don't have the pricing section you show in your summary. But, I do have a list of special services down toward the end. It lists the Specialty Dining 2 Nights just one time for each passenger however if you do the math on the pricing, $176.40 for 6 dinners works out to $29.40 which seems right as if Princess intends to provide 2 Specialty Dining Nights per segment. Still looking for someone to verify this specific instance.

@memoak just replied that they got two 360 Experience invites per segment on a B2B booked as a single journey which is a similar concept but still has minor differences. Fingers crossed!

image.png.28fb73216ffbf909793fe73c7d2076e4.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

@jagoffee I booked with a TA so I don't have the pricing section you show in your summary. But, I do have a list of special services down toward the end. It lists the Specialty Dining 2 Nights just one time for each passenger however if you do the math on the pricing, $176.40 for 6 dinners works out to $29.40 which seems right as if Princess intends to provide 2 Specialty Dining Nights per segment. Still looking for someone to verify this specific instance.

@memoak just replied that they got two 360 Experience invites per segment on a B2B booked as a single journey which is a similar concept but still has minor differences. Fingers crossed!

It was 1 invite for everyone in the suite on each segment not 2 invites per segment

• Thanks 1

For what it's worth, I wondered about the new activation fee for Ocean Now with regards to a world cruise booked with a single voyage number.  Online chat, if they are to be believed, reported that the activation fee is per voyage so there would be one fee for the entire 111 days.

I don't do Plus, but I was wondering about the mini bar setup for the WC. On my most recent cruise, two cruises booked as a single voyage, I received a fresh mini bar setup at the start of the new segment.

With the prevalent inconsistency with Princess, it remains to be seen what will happen.

On 11/27/2023 at 1:46 PM, beg3yrs said:

Neither my original invoice from Princess or my TA invoice after the transfer included the value pricing that you show.  Perhaps this is from your TA.  You make a very defendable point.  Wonder if we also receive two medallion accessories.

On 11/27/2023 at 2:29 PM, Cruise Raider said:

@jagoffee did you mean to post your invoice with the booking number on it?  

I certainly did not.  Lucky for me this is the single 14 day booking number that I cancelled before I booked the two 7s.  Thank you for pointing our my big mistake, I need to be careful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Neither my original invoice from Princess or my TA invoice after the transfer included the value pricing that you show.  Perhaps this is from your TA.  You make a very defendable point.  ....

Definitely not from my TA. That's a screenshot right off the Travel Summary I get from the Princess website. It's down at the bottom under Special Services. Here's a more complete summary:

image.png.52bcee61b5caf862e36a578733026e15.png

8 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Definitely not from my TA. That's a screenshot right off the Travel Summary I get from the Princess website. It's down at the bottom under Special Services. Here's a more complete summary:

image.png.52bcee61b5caf862e36a578733026e15.png

If I knew about that feature, I have certainly forget.  I found it.  Nice summary.  I never checked by 14 day version before I cancelled it, so I am sure what it said.

Are  you booked on a 21 day cruise that is created out of 3 seven day cruises?  If I divide your numbers for most the the items, they match on of my seven day cruises.

Thank you for teaching this old dog a new trick.  

• Like 1