Quantum of the Seas - Seattle - Debarkation Time off Ship - Birth Certificate

kilkoyne

My friend has an early flight with his cruise out of Seattle. I wondered if anyone can tell me (or him) appr time to get off the ship if everything goes right. Obviously he'll be up early and walk off but I didn't know if anyone had any recent or past experience with this ship/cruise port.

The other thing is his brother only has a birth certificate. I'm not sure if that will add more time for him getting off the ship. Thanks

Disembarked late July, we used RCL air2sea with flights around 2:30 pm.  We were the second wave of A2S.  Those with earlier flights grouped and were to leave around 8 am.  We were supposed to be called at 9:00, but they actually called our number about 8:40, so we had not even made it to the lounge we were supposed to meet at.

We were boarded on a bus, and at the airport about 9:30 am. 
I believe they started disembarkation about 7:30.

The airport was an absolute ZOO, so don’t think you will be able to run through it.

Had little ones with birth certificates.  They did not slow the process.

Eddie

For adult US citizen on a closed loop cruise (Seattle to Seattle)  your need a government issued birth certificate and a government issued photo id, i.e., driver's license.  You need these to board the ship, unless traveling with a passport.  

Anything before noon is always a bad idea. That port gets bad weather, the port facility is a bit aways from the airport, the drive to the airport is horrible, and that airport is a zoo on cruise disembarkation days. The security line was easily over an hour on my last cruise there and baggage drop off was easily 45 more. About 2 hours to enter the terminal.
as for his brother, if he is older than 15 he will also need a government issued picture ID in addition to the birth certificate 

Edited by TheDawg79

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

For adult US citizen on a closed loop cruise (Seattle to Seattle)  your need a government issued birth certificate and a government issued photo id, i.e., driver's license.  You need these to board the ship, unless traveling with a passport.  

Their question is regarding the time it takes to depart the ship if they are travelling with a birth certificate instead of a passport. In ports that use facial recognition it is very fast to disembark if you boarded with a passport, but those with a birth certificate can't use facial recognition, they need to wait in line and talk to a customs agent, and those lines can get very long. 

28 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Their question is regarding the time it takes to depart the ship if they are travelling with a birth certificate instead of a passport. In ports that use facial recognition it is very fast to disembark if you boarded with a passport, but those with a birth certificate can't use facial recognition, they need to wait in line and talk to a customs agent, and those lines can get very long. 

And Seattle doesn’t have facial recognition 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

And Seattle doesn’t have facial recognition 

Not only that but the terminal Royal uses is far from the center of the city. Also Seattle was our first US port after leaving Vancouver in September on our way to San Diego and getting through immigration took hours.  We were on Radiance,  which is a smaller ship with fewer passengers.

This is only our experience but we have made flights at 10:45 and 11 am after disembarking at Pier 91 on a Saturday.  We are aware we may miss if things go awry but later flights do not get us in to our home regional airport that day.  We walked off (there was facial recognition as I remember but may be confusing that) and went straight to the taxi line.